There are 279 users in the forums

The Vernon Davis head duck

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The INT in the 2nd half reminded me of this play by Lloyd! Did you guys see VD duck? He never gets his head turned around in time. I have seen this way to many times with him.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
geez, the guy has got 8 TD's this year already compared to 9 in his previous 3 Seasons, I'm sure him ducking is not the issue with the Offense!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
fail
That play put 7 point on the board for the Packers. f**k that, Nobody gets a pass!
He had D. Walker on the outside. So he could have thought the ball was going for Walker. On my initial look at the play I thought Smith was throwing it to Walker and made a bad throw but it actually meant for Davis on the inside. Mis-communication part of football and every team.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadMartz:

The INT in the 2nd half reminded me of this play by Lloyd! Did you guys see VD duck? He never gets his head turned around in time. I have seen this way to many times with him.

All I'm going to say is.... I BET we don't see a gif of that duck on the webzone 65,873 times.
he should have stretched out and tipped the ball so we could have blamed the INT on another tip ball
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
That play put 7 point on the board for the Packers. f**k that, Nobody gets a pass!

Well, our defense could defend against the pass in the 1st Half either, so there is alot of blame to go around
I think you are letting your hate make you see things. I didn't see any ducking. How can he duck when he never turned his head as you said?
I think that pass was going to Walker but was underthrown. Vernon Davis has exploded this year and yet, people are still bashing him

Originally posted by DRnSFw:

Well, our defense could defend against the pass in the 1st Half either, so there is alot of blame to go around

Indeed, Just pointing out another huge mistake in the game. Everyone wants to blame Alex but that ball was right there and should have been caught by our Team Captain!
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I think that pass was going to Walker but was underthrown. Vernon Davis has exploded this year and yet, people are still bashing him

Its not a bash, its a fact! He should have caught the ball.
Originally posted by kronik:
I think you are letting your hate make you see things. I didn't see any ducking. How can he duck when he never turned his head as you said?

It's not hate, it's to excuse Alex Smith from being at fault for the INT. Vernon Davis was beginning to look back for the ball when it had already sailed in between the two receivers. I guess Alex Smith thought BOTH of them were running 9 routes within 3 yards from one another.

Too bad he couldn't take it back when he saw one going to the corner and the other going to the post.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Its not a bash, its a fact! He should have caught the ball.

He was well covered and the ball was behind him. That's why you can argue that the ball could've been to Walker.
from another forum.

Quote:
Just so everybody knows, Alex himself said the INT was his fault here http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...ORTS/911229979

“I got tangled on the release and tried to get the ball out quick,” Smith said. “The time clock goes off a little faster when you’re in your own end zone. I tried to get the ball out quick and Vernon was making an adjustment to see the ball and the ball carried past him. The safety was moving on my eyes, and he came over and made the play on it.” He stares down his WR and allows the safety to read his eyes. A mistake he constantly makes.
Share 49ersWebzone