There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Even if we had a very good offensive line

Do you guys think Raye's scheme/playcalling would work? Im not so sure it would. This is not a running league anymore, if teams really want to stop the run, they will and you can't get away with being a predictable, run first team. Singletary said when he took over he wanted our team to be the type of the team that our opponents know we are going to run the ball but won't be able to stop. I think even if we had a much better O-Line we would still have problems.

All the more reason Raye should go and Singletary needs to re-think what he is (trying) to do
Speculation. Guesswork. Who knows?
Ill also add if you look at the top teams in the league (New Orleans, Indy, New England) are pass first teams (also New England and Indy run most of their offense out of the shotgun) You even look at Minnesota and they have thrown the ball more because teams have more guys in the box to stop them. We don't adjust though when teams have 9 guys in the box, at least not for a half.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Ill also add if you look at the top teams in the league (New Orleans, Indy, New England) are pass first teams (also New England and Indy run most of their offense out of the shotgun) You even look at Minnesota and they have thrown the ball more because teams have more guys in the box to stop them. We don't adjust though when teams have 9 guys in the box, at least not for a half.

Minnesota has thrown the ball more b/c they have a qb who can make plays. Last year with TJ they wouldn't dare throw this much with or without a good o line. The common thread in all the teams you just mentioned are that they have HOF caliber qb's.
Gore is a hell of a RB. If he had a good OL in front of him, we'd have a winning team.
I already said we are running an outdated offensive philosophy. This is a passing league now. You win by throwing the ball and rushing the passer. Balance is plus but not needed.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Minnesota has thrown the ball more b/c they have a qb who can make plays. Last year with TJ they wouldn't dare throw this much with or without a good o line. The common thread in all the teams you just mentioned are that they have HOF caliber qb's.

Then EXPLAIN TO US how Smith can throw 3 TDs' in one half of Football?

And please spare us the "Packers Relaxed in the 2nd Half" rhetoric. Because that's not at all true. They brought pressure the entire game.

So while I don't think Alex is HoF material he's good enough to air it out more than TJ.

~Ceadder
If we had a good offensive line, we would be a pretty good team, the line is the single biggest problem this team has. We have to get rid of the big soft pussies and get some real men that aren't afraid to mix it up.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Then EXPLAIN TO US how Smith can throw 3 TDs' in one half of Football?

And please spare us the "Packers Relaxed in the 2nd Half" rhetoric. Because that's not at all true. They brought pressure the entire game.

So while I don't think Alex is HoF material he's good enough to air it out more than TJ.

~Ceadder

Simple b/c the o line did there job's, WR's did there jobs, and Smith did his job. I didn't mean to imply he can't b/c he's not HOF material. Just pointing out the common thread in all those teams the thread starter mentioned. and thus the reason why those teams are more pass happy then the niners are. I think he can air out way more than TJ can too.