There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kawakami: 2 out of 4 have to go. The question: which 2

ugh I kind of want sing gone now, I'm tired of losing and I'm beginning to doubt him
This offseason will be a big challenge for Singletary, and he may have to go. Why? Coaches have a specific philosophy, and it is very difficult to change their way of thinking. If Singletary wants to be a coach who features a running back, and running attack, in order to win games, and is unable to change, then it is probably better to part company.

Do we really want a run-oriented team? It is not the winning formula in the NFL right now. Teams that can strike quickly, and put pressure on other teams down the field are the ones that are posting "W's" on Sunday.

Our offense is beginning to take shape as a dynamic, playmaking unit, one that can push the ball down the field and score some points. We are still one speedburner WR away (and some blocking help up front) from making this offense one of the most potentially dangerous units in the NFL. The Smith-Davis-Crabtree trio looks solid, and Gore adds a lot out of the backfield. We just need an OC who can put all the pieces together with a creative system that maximizes the talent on the roster.

To go back to grind-it-out football seems silly to me at this point.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Nov 23, 2009 at 2:35 PM ]
It does not take two years to know an apple vs a turnip. If we keep Singletary another year, it is because McCloughan is willing to settle for a turnip. IMO there is too much builtin infection from all the previous foulups and McCloughan has to go. Even though Shanahan may be a dud drafting wise, I think he is a skilled coach and that is what most of our coaches are not. I think I would try to hire the best and brightest young coordinator or college coach and give him the best support of a good GM. Guys like Singletary are many, good intentions but no skills as a coach. The plain truth is the Yorks are turnips and cannot tell an apple if it fell on their heads. Singletary was right in one area in that he wanted winners and the Yorks and McCloughan are not. People like Walsh etc do not show up often and we have people who prefer losers.[/b]
Originally posted by teeohh:
ugh I kind of want sing gone now, I'm tired of losing and I'm beginning to doubt him

I wonder when the players will start to lose faith. Especially after his dig @ Crabtree today. Wow. Pretty unprofessional IMO.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by teeohh:
ugh I kind of want sing gone now, I'm tired of losing and I'm beginning to doubt him

I wonder when the players will start to lose faith. Especially after his dig @ Crabtree today. Wow. Pretty unprofessional IMO.

Fand have begun to lose it and it seems that most of us lost the belief in Sing preparing his players for the opposition.

The players will be following shortly if not already.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by teeohh:
ugh I kind of want sing gone now, I'm tired of losing and I'm beginning to doubt him

I wonder when the players will start to lose faith. Especially after his dig @ Crabtree today. Wow. Pretty unprofessional IMO.

they have already started to lose faith.
Originally posted by jed_york:
The ownership and senior management have full confidence in our GM and HC. They are doing heck of a job. The team has lost 3 games so far on our internal scoreboard that's voted on by members of senior management (VP and above) after each game. The ownership is pleased with the current progress and result.

Tim Kawakami is not part of our organization.

The Yorks need to go...nothing will ever improve as long as this lame-ass, cheap family owns them...they are all hat and no cattle...
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by jed_york:
The ownership and senior management have full confidence in our GM and HC. They are doing heck of a job. The team has lost 3 games so far on our internal scoreboard that's voted on by members of senior management (VP and above) after each game. The ownership is pleased with the current progress and result.

Tim Kawakami is not part of our organization.

The Yorks need to go...nothing will ever improve as long as this lame-ass, cheap family owns them...they are all hat and no cattle...

I think Jed is different from his parents. I think Jed genuinely wants to turn this franchise around. I don't think he will resemble his dad in how he will run this team. We will see.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Anybody who drafts a Balmer-Rachal-Smith-Wallace combo should be sent to the curb. That draft set us back, way back. Seeing DeSean Jackson kills me every time.

Scot and Raye can go for all I care. And Jed needs to tell Sing that this offense is NOT going to be SMASHMOUTH. It is going to use our skill position players to make plays down the field (Smith, Davis, Crabtree). The era of plodding down the field is over. The best teams in the NFL are not running the ball down people's throats. They are throwing for big yardage, in big chunks.

Lose the stumbling fat guys with no mobility, pick up some quicker lineman who know how to pass block, and find ONE guy who can rush the passer.

Are these issues too challenging to see?

I like this.
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Anybody who drafts a Balmer-Rachal-Smith-Wallace combo should be sent to the curb. That draft set us back, way back. Seeing DeSean Jackson kills me every time.

Scot and Raye can go for all I care. And Jed needs to tell Sing that this offense is NOT going to be SMASHMOUTH. It is going to use our skill position players to make plays down the field (Smith, Davis, Crabtree). The era of plodding down the field is over. The best teams in the NFL are not running the ball down people's throats. They are throwing for big yardage, in big chunks.

Lose the stumbling fat guys with no mobility, pick up some quicker lineman who know how to pass block, and find ONE guy who can rush the passer.

Are these issues too challenging to see?

I like this.

Yeah I agree with maddog, smashmouth isn't going to work.
If I'm Jed York and I plan on keeping Alex Smith as the starting QB, I don't fire anybody. If I could take over Jed York's body, here's what I'd do.

I ORDER Scotty to load up on O-line players. This would include paying top dollar to an elite free agent guard and/or tackle. In addition to this, I'd ORDER Scotty to use our first 2 picks on either OT, OLB/DE (pass rusher), or a speedy CB that can also return kicks. I know we have other needs, but these 3 have been a need for FAR TOO LONG.

Then, I ORDER Sing and Raye to stop pretending the offense is a power running "smash mouth" offense. This offense would be tailored to what our playmakers do best. The base offense would now be shotgun formation, using a spread style or "run and shoot" if you will. I would tell Raye in plain english that I want to see Jones and JHill going deep, Crabtree racking up YAC, Gore running to the outside, and Davis going over the middle.



Then again............... I might just fire Raye and bring Martz back. (that should get a few people b***hing)

All this is assuming the team goes ahead with Smith at QB. If they decide to acquire a new QB, then we can look forward to another 5-7 years of rebuilding
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This offseason will be a big challenge for Singletary, and he may have to go. Why? Coaches have a specific philosophy, and it is very difficult to change their way of thinking. If Singletary wants to be a coach who features a running back, and running attack, in order to win games, and is unable to change, then it is probably better to part company.

Do we really want a run-oriented team? It is not the winning formula in the NFL right now. Teams that can strike quickly, and put pressure on other teams down the field are the ones that are posting "W's" on Sunday.

Our offense is beginning to take shape as a dynamic, playmaking unit, one that can push the ball down the field and score some points. We are still one speedburner WR away (and some blocking help up front) from making this offense one of the most potentially dangerous units in the NFL. The Smith-Davis-Crabtree trio looks solid, and Gore adds a lot out of the backfield. We just need an OC who can put all the pieces together with a creative system that maximizes the talent on the roster.

To go back to grind-it-out football seems silly to me at this point.

So true so true.
If Yorks had the balls and the smarts which they have neither, would fire little Scotty and Singletary together. Scott McCloughan has been responsible for this roster since 2005. How many more years does it take for him to get the right personal? Just checkout his 2008 draft and that by itself is a reason for his firing.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by teeohh:
ugh I kind of want sing gone now, I'm tired of losing and I'm beginning to doubt him

I wonder when the players will start to lose faith. Especially after his dig @ Crabtree today. Wow. Pretty unprofessional IMO.

Dig @ Crabtree? For those of us who missed that -- can you paraphrase?
  • Otter
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,936
Originally posted by 190836:
If Yorks had the balls and the smarts which they have neither, would fire little Scotty and Singletary together. Scott McCloughan has been responsible for this roster since 2005. How many more years does it take for him to get the right personal? Just checkout his 2008 draft and that by itself is a reason for his firing.

Fire McCloughan, and let Holmgren decide if he wants to keep Singletary or not. He could fire Raye and see if Singletary quits over it, saving money. And maybe switch to Geico too, to save some additional money.