Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

4-12 would you fire Sing ?

4-12 would you fire Sing ?

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
that means we would have lost to the rams and lions

Speaking of the Lions Stafford has already surpassed Alex in one game. 5 tds 400 yards, Alex still hasn't thrown for 300 yards.

The guy is just pitiful.

the thing that bothers me the most about alex smith is that he is not a leader, he is timid and shy. This is something no QB should have, he has no confidence and we need someone that can lead this offense when things get bad.

Only if we can somehow put Shaun Hill's head on Alex's body.
Nah. Walsh only won two games his first year. People wanted to fire him after his first season. Give him a break. Sing is a rookie head coach. If our coach was someone like Mangini who has been a head coach before and was making rookie coaching mistakes, then sure fire him. Yes there have been some games we should have won but technically we are in a rebuilding mode so don't hate yet. I hate how everyone is saying our team us horrible and we can't beat the Rams or Lions. That is complete garbage. Remember How horrible our team was in Nolan's first couple of years. We got blown out like 6 times that year by teams like the Bears and KC. We have come a long way since then. It will take time to build this team back like it was before Donahue screwed it up.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
I had Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast today.

greatest cereal of all time

Naaaa.....Lucky Charms bro

never got into lucky charms b/c i don't like marshmallows
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We have to fire him. The record doesn't matter. He doesn't even know how to play to his players strengths. You can't win with that.

um the only problem with the team is Raye

It all starts at the top. Singletary hired Raye and probably brainwashed him.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Im tired of firing coaches and starting over again and again. But I was wondering what the general opinion is on Sing. I know he is in the first full year of his deal, but would you fire him we go win less the rest of the season and finish at 4-12 ?

It makes me wonder...if the internet had been around in 1979, what would have been the fan consensus on Walsh when he went 2-14 his first year and then 6-10 his second year? I can see the posts now..."The short passing game does not work!!! Fire Walsh!!!"

Not saying Singletary is the second coming of Walsh, just saying if you are going to start firing coaches every year, you are never going to get any better. The Raiders have proven that.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kem99:
Im tired of firing coaches and starting over again and again. But I was wondering what the general opinion is on Sing. I know he is in the first full year of his deal, but would you fire him we go win less the rest of the season and finish at 4-12 ?

It makes me wonder...if the internet had been around in 1979, what would have been the fan consensus on Walsh when he went 2-14 his first year and then 6-10 his second year? I can see the posts now..."The short passing game does not work!!! Fire Walsh!!!"

Not saying Singletary is the second coming of Walsh, just saying if you are going to start firing coaches every year, you are never going to get any better. The Raiders have proven that.

I agree, but at the same time, at least me personally, I don't want Singletary fired because he isn't a good coach. I believe with the right team, he can be a very good coach. He could even win a Super Bowl one day. However, it ain't going to happen with THIS team. It just seems like everything is too much for him. We're trying to hang around, instead of trying to gain an edge on our opponents. We need that killer instinct. Singletary doesn't have that. It might work if he had an aggressive OC, but he doesn't. Raye is just as weak as he is.

Another thing is that we're a passing team. We can't run effectively. It's just not a good fit here. If we go 4-12, I want him and Raye out of here, and let's bring in someone who can bring out the strengths of the team. I got a couple guys in mind.

If we can find a good, aggressive OC to replace Raye and keep Singletary as HC, I'd be open to that idea as well. The problem is, a lot of these guys available want total control.
[ Edited by B650 on Nov 23, 2009 at 4:54 PM ]
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
we will finish 8-8 , well beat jags,seahawks,lambs,lions. and lose to cards and eagles. lions is 50 50 atm for me too since they are at home, and not as bad as their record.

A2M???
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
I would not fire Sing if we finished 4-12. He is working with a substandard Oline with a philosophy that might work if the oline was healthy and playing to its collective potential. The Staley injury has hurt more than we realize. I would fire Sullivan, Johnson because their charges are not ready to play at the beginning of the game week in and week out. Forester, because the Oline, tho injured, has not played well as a unit at any point this season.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
I had Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast today.

greatest cereal of all time

Disagree. I think Rice crispy TREAT cereal is the best of all time. I don't understand why they got rid of it. Everyone I talk to thinks the same thing.
Again, we have to start rolling heads and that starts with Scott McCloughan, then Singletary and all the coaches.
I say fire the GM and leave it to the new GM if he wants sing or not. I think our main problem is GM, OC and O-line.

As much as i want something to happen, Raye will prolly be the only one to get canned.
No. I think he deservers another year. Why - because I believe he can coach this team.
yes
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
We have to fire him. The record doesn't matter. He doesn't even know how to play to his players strengths. You can't win with that.

This. Imagine if he pulls a Nolan-type of meaningless run in december and ends 7-9 or 8-8? Are we gonna keep him for yet another season?

I say no! Let's get rid of the whole Nolan-era and get back to our roots:

Holmgren - Head of Football Operations

MCCloguhan as GM - Just because I can't think of anybody to fill the position

Shanahan - HC

I can dream, can't I?

yes but you should never have that dream again.

Shanahan is done he has sucked for some time now, and whatever team he goes to he is gonna want full control.

Holmgren sucks as well

Shannahan sucks and Holmgren sucks.

Yah winning super bowls suck.

to be fair, neither has won one since the late nineties, and that was with Elway and Favre at QB.

Yeah, and Bellicheck had Brady.

Walsh had Montana.

Seifert had Young.

Dungy had Manning.

Cowhers had Roethlisberger.

Whats your point ? That a coach only has "validity" if they win with a losing QB. The question is whether a coach can spot talent and make the most of it. Sing has neither shown that he can spot talent (eg Alex Smith/Shaun Hill, no FA QB) or use it effectively (run, run, pass, punt).

He doesnt look like head coaching material to me....
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

This. Imagine if he pulls a Nolan-type of meaningless run in december and ends 7-9 or 8-8? Are we gonna keep him for yet another season?

I say no! Let's get rid of the whole Nolan-era and get back to our roots:

Holmgren - Head of Football Operations

MCCloguhan as GM - Just because I can't think of anybody to fill the position

Shanahan - HC

I can dream, can't I?

yes but you should never have that dream again.

Shanahan is done he has sucked for some time now, and whatever team he goes to he is gonna want full control.

Holmgren sucks as well

Shannahan sucks and Holmgren sucks.

Yah winning super bowls suck.

to be fair, neither has won one since the late nineties, and that was with Elway and Favre at QB.

Yeah, and Bellicheck had Brady.

Walsh had Montana.

Seifert had Young.

Dungy had Manning.

Cowhers had Roethlisberger.

Whats your point ? That a coach only has "validity" if they win with a losing QB. The question is whether a coach can spot talent and make the most of it. Sing has neither shown that he can spot talent (eg Alex Smith/Shaun Hill, no FA QB) or use it effectively (run, run, pass, punt).

He doesnt look like head coaching material to me....

Exactly. Holmgren and Shanahan are experienced coaches that have 4 Super Bow rins as Headcoaches, with NINER ROOTS. I bet either would love a chance to resurrect this franchise to where it was when they were taken in by Bill Walsh.