There are 146 users in the forums

Players are turning against Sing... and they should

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mex49
you saw it live yesterday when Singletary called the huddle and a 1/3 of the players came over.

Crabtree is suggesting we go to the spread: "It enabled everybody to get open and make plays," "I was getting open the whole game," "I was doing my job. All I can do is do my job."

VD is saying the same thing: "I thought we did a better job in the second half," said Davis, "solely because we were in the spread offense and were able to get everybody involved in the passing game – running backs, wide receivers and tight ends.

"They're not just keying in on one person. They've got everyone to worry about. And that's what you want to do. You don't want to be a one-dimensional team."

Alex is thinking the same, but still being forever PC.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
I disagree that they are turning on Sing. I think they are turning on Jimmy Raye, as is Sing.
I knew this would happen sooner or later.
Originally posted by jaghetersofie:
I disagree that they are turning on Sing. I think they are turning on Jimmy Raye, as is Sing.

Sing needs to take the blame for hiring a puppet. Promote Mike Johnson to OC, and see what he can do. Get rid of Raye or keep him as an assistant.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Dont blame everything on Raye. Sing is the one who insists on the power running game and conservative game plan. Thats why he hired Raye because that is all Raye can do.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Method:

Sing needs to take the blame for hiring a puppet. Promote Mike Johnson to OC, and see what he can do. Get rid of Raye or keep him as an assistant.

I say tell Raye, "Move to the spread o you're fired." The offense moved when Raye was calling the spread offense, he just needs to do it early and often.

To me, they're both equally accountable for the philosophical smash mouth BS.

-9fA
Originally posted by susweel:

Dont blame everything on Raye. Sing is the one who insists on the power running game and conservative game plan. Thats why he hired Raye because that is all Raye can do.

exactly it's not raye's fault. If he wanted the spread or vertical passing game then why did he fire Martz?

Yeap. Seriously guys, Raye is just acting out Sing's will.
I knew this would fall to pieces sooner rather than later. Motivational speeches and dropping your pants only get you so far.

Sooner or later things like running the scheme your players are actually good at are more important.

• Mex49

You mean Raye has gone rogue, off the reservation, secretly gameplanning all by himself?

Now say that with a straight face because I cant

It was his defensive players that ignored him when he came on to the field. That is telling
[ Edited by Mex49 on Nov 23, 2009 at 10:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

exactly it's not raye's fault. If he wanted the spread or vertical passing game then why did he fire Martz?

Because Martz is not able to utilize a TE, and Martz feels like he needs to throw 95% of the time even when we have Frank Gore in there.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A

I agree that he didn't want a spread offense but I think he realizes that he needs to open it up more. He got rid of Martz because of the turnovers that the passing game caused, not because he doesn't like to pass.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Because Martz is not able to utilize a TE, and Martz feels like he needs to throw 95% of the time even when we have Frank Gore in there.

Niners O looked much better last year. But I dont think Martz was the answer either.

NO
Share 49ersWebzone