LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Nate Clements timetable.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If you noticed that our corners are not stopping the run, it's probably because our most physical corner and arguably the hardest hitter on the team is on the sideline with a fractured shoulderblade. Due to a questionable coaches decision to have Nate return PUNTS, we are without one of our best tacklers on the squad. Our young corners are good, but it is obvious that without Clements, we are incapable of playing the physical run-stopping defense we were playing earlier in the season. Stopping the run? Very hard to do with the corners mostly focusing on coverage and looking indecisive everytime a ball carrier is coming their way.When is Nate coming back? If at all.
[ Edited by prime21 on Nov 23, 2009 at 9:51 AM ]
The WZ consensus was that we should cut Nate Clements. He is no good.

Funny how you don't miss someone until there gone.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yeah a lot of people loved to bash him around here and now they see how valuable he really was.

I don't think he will be back this year and it's 50-50 if he will be a 49er next year.
best DB we have! We need him back!

But yea, lots of geniuses on this board say he's no good. Probably the same ones that were happy to see Rossum go.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

But yea, lots of geniuses on this board say he's no good. Probably the same ones that were happy to see Rossum go.

Yeah a lot of people were happy to see him go. I said at the time cutting Rossum was a disaster and it was.

Yup!

Now people realize that he is our best CB and very imp player.

So who was the one dude who just keep posting stats about why he sucks wonder where that cat has been

Yeah a lot of people were happy to see him go. I said at the time cutting Rossum was a disaster and it was.

that decision as well as not playing jones more make me go .

Naw it's just move him to FS b/c Brown is a stud

so far this move has hurt the team a lot nobody cares to point out the fact that the niners special teams no longer exists

Originally posted by lamontb:

so far this move has hurt the team a lot nobody cares to point out the fact that the niners special teams no longer exists

i was f'n pissed when I heard he was benched, and even more pissed when they let him go. Now we're paying for it and I'm glad we are. Stupid ass personnel move.

I could name a few of them too, but I'll keep it classy.

[ Edited by horsecore on Nov 23, 2009 at 10:21 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:

i was f'n pissed when I heard he was benched, and even more pissed when they let him go. Now we're paying for it and I'm glad we are. Stupid ass personnel move.

i'm with you and the reason folks don't bring it up so much is b/c the majority fo folks wanted him gone just b/c he wasn't a 4.3 guy. I still wanna know whose call was it to get rid of him and what was the reasoning. Then to make it worse they just throw any old body back there. As if this wasn't really thought out or well planned. With all the limitations on the offense you would think they would value a veteran return guy that seldom makes mistakes. Field position is critical for this team but yet whoever made that choice basically gave up on special teams.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He's done for the year. Come back next year to watch him get burned.
Share 49ersWebzone