LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Blame Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • bret
  • Veteran
When you look back at the history of the 49ers, the things that stand out are the YA Tittle to RC Owens era, the John Brodie era, and the Bill Walsh era. What those eras all had in common were that they were exciting, innovative offensive teams!

Then look at the history of the Super Bowl era, and you'll see three dynasties: the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Dallas Cowboys and the 49ers. Yes they all had great defenses, but what defined them was that they were the leading edge offensive teams of their respective eras.

Move forward to today, and what do we have in San Francisco? Well, number one, we have the worst stadium situation in the NFL. And Jed is trying to get approval from a fickle electorate. Why mention this? Because what would electrify the electorate more than the leading edge offensive team of our era?!

But what has Jed given that electorate? A staff whose philosophy is "three yards and a cloud of dust". Never mind that this philosophy is bankrupt as a dynasty-builder. it's bankrupt as a stadium-builder.

Now, I'm not sold on Alex Smith's potential. But I'm positive he has more potential playing within a philosophy that would be more exciting for the fans, more innovative for the game, and more rewarding for the Yorks.

Sorry, Jed, but this is your fault! Sing looked good because he got players to play together and he cut out the silly penalties. But his philosophy is wrong for San Francisco!
Jed YORKIE is a super rich silver spoon 27 year old kid who was bored and needed something to do. So his parents handed him a $1 BILLION FRANCHISE and said "here go try this." He's way, way over his head and has no idea what type of hires to make or how to build a successful organization. But he likes to give radio interviews where he says all the right things (He probably has a teleprompter so his speech writer feeds him the lines). We can't win with him. We never could. Now people are just starting to realize it.

Jed...first year as team President
Sing...first year as full HC

Why don't we give some time and offer a little patience before we bring out the pitchforks and torches!
John York? Sure, I'll blame him.

But, Jed? Nah. He hasn't really done anything yet to merit blame.

Let's call for their heads next year, if this s**t continues to happen.
People hated Eddie D. & Walsh early on, too.
People always forget that Eddie D went through 4 coaches before he found Bill Walsh.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

True, but no one ever called Eddie D cheap. The crap York did early was down right ridiculous. Jed may be in charge now but I am sure the elder Yorks still sign the checks. I seriously doubt this team will be anything other than mediocre until the Yorks sell or change their outlook.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:

Why don't we give some time and offer a little patience before we bring out the pitchforks and torches!

Jreff, I think you're being too accepting. look at the facts:

Paraag - recent mba grad
Mccloughan - good personnel director, has proven nothing as a GM.
Singletary - first time hc, long time motivational speaker. doesn't know x's and o's.
Raye - the NFL equivalent of a 30 year government employee with no promotions and no ambitions
Jed - just grew his first pubes a few years ago.
Jed's dad - a medical doctor who knows less about football than his son
Jed's mom - doesn't know how to spell football

You don't think this has disaster written all over it?

TOUCHE! and this is Jed Yorks FIRST year. Surely you can't expect him to clean house when he probably isn't even familiar with the entire operation. That would be the dumbest move to make.

It would cost over hundreds and even millions of dollars and there is no guarantee that the results would even be better.

Just because he was born in a RICH family doesn't necessarily mean that he has access to ALL THE FUNDS that he would want. There must be some limitations because a kid (Yes, I call him a kid) that age would still be driven by his emotions rather than his brain. He could go out on a spending spree and still come out with a mediocre team.

I'll bet that most fans here in their 20's if given $100,000 dollars would go out and buy a brand new car if given the choice. A vet, A Jag .. or whatever. But how many would think twice and consider investing or even buying a house?

I know ... been there ... done that!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

here we go again with backwards logic. Einstein was a flunkee. My son is a flunkee. Therefore my son is the next Einstein.

Sorry guys, this sort of logic is so wrong it's not even funny. Why? 99.999% of owners and coaches that suck this bad do not later turn into Eddie D and Walsh. So making these kind of assertions and then getting excited about the prospects is AT BEST mental masturbation.

Originally posted by Shaj:

Paraag - recent mba grad
Singletary - first time hc, long time motivational speaker. doesn't know x's and o's.
Raye - the NFL equivalent of a 30 year government employee with no promotions and no ambitions

This.

Paraag - recent mba grad

Exactly!! Plus Jed takes the easy way out by hiring Sing.
Where was the due diligence to interview the other available HC candidates?
Jed is not even qualified to hire a HC.
Is anyone in the building qualified?
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
I'll hold him accountable when I see where he stands right now. He must be seeing what we r seeing. SPREADCOASTâ„¢
Originally posted by NorthNiner:

Paraag - recent mba grad

Exactly!! Plus Jed takes the easy way out by hiring Sing.
Where was the due diligence to interview the other available HC candidates?
Jed is not even qualified to hire a HC.
Is anyone in the building qualified?

No they are not but they have a lot of people on this very board being fooled that they are.

They did? When?

Maybe Eddie -- but not Bill

Exciting offensive football returned to San Francisco the moment Bill Walsh stepped on the field. Even during the initial 2-14 campaign -- you saw an exciting team. You knew we were heading in the right direction -- even though our defense couldn't stop anyone and DeBerg was just KILLING us with interceptions.

I don't see that excitement in Singletary's 49ers. I see the look of painful resignation.
Share 49ersWebzone