There are 208 users in the forums

Smith's stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This "junk time" arguement is BS. GB didn't let up on defense and their starters played the whole time other than injuries, and Smith put a TD pass on AL Harris before the injury and Harris had good coverage on the play.

Even if GB had let up, they certainly would have turned it back on once we were within s scores and they really wouldn't have wanted us to get within 1 score with 5 minutes left in the game, but we did, Alex did that.

I understand you guys hate Alex, but you can't deny the facts. You also can't deny that in the 1st half we barely ran a apss play and Smith was getting hit on every play and the pressure was on him before he could finish his drop back.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by boomer49er:
This "junk time" arguement is BS. GB didn't let up on defense and their starters played the whole time other than injuries, and Smith put a TD pass on AL Harris before the injury and Harris had good coverage on the play.

Even if GB had let up, they certainly would have turned it back on once we were within s scores and they really wouldn't have wanted us to get within 1 score with 5 minutes left in the game, but we did, Alex did that.

I understand you guys hate Alex, but you can't deny the facts. You also can't deny that in the 1st half we barely ran a apss play and Smith was getting hit on every play and the pressure was on him before he could finish his drop back.

The voice of reason, it's exactly right in fact you could argue Capers turned it up once they were up big , why not he was going against the worst QB in the history of time, right? even the announcer was saying Smith plants his back foot and they were on him, you can blame Smith for a lot of things , World Hunger, Global Warming, The price of oil , but it would be a stretch to put yesterday's loss on him
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
I'm more pleased with his completion percentage. Coming into Green Bay, he had 64% (now it's 61% thanks to a wonderful gameplan).

He is showing dramatic improvement. The thing is: can we afford to wait or do we go in another direction this offseason?

Smith is good enough, and he's getting better. Nate Davis might actually have more upside than Smith. Time will tell. In the meantime, neither Smith or Davis are costing us too much. I don't think we have horrible QBs. We are not winning because our OL sucks, our approach to the game is way too conservative, and we don't rush the passer. Our QBs are talented and will get better, I think. Let Smith play out the year. We'll have a pretty good fix on the situation by then.
Originally posted by Icedawg316:
Close to 1300 yards passing, with 12 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. Not bad numbers if you ask me.. he could possibly finish with a career high in tds and over 2000 yards. Just sayin

1-3. Thats the only stat that matters
Share 49ersWebzone