There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Smith's stats

• Paul
  • Veteran
Close to 1300 yards passing, with 12 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. Not bad numbers if you ask me.. he could possibly finish with a career high in tds and over 2000 yards. Just sayin
i really dont think he is the problem... we have the worst line in football... when he gets time, he looks fine... he never got time in the first half and we were getting stuffed on 3rd and inches.... i mean 3rd and inches and we get knocked back!!!
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Icedawg316:
Close to 1300 yards passing, with 12 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. Not bad numbers if you ask me.. he could possibly finish with a career high in tds and over 2000 yards. Just sayin

He only has 9td's and 7 int's. I still think he will throw 20 td's and 12 int's
I'm more pleased with his completion percentage. Coming into Green Bay, he had 64% (now it's 61% thanks to a wonderful gameplan).

He is showing dramatic improvement. The thing is: can we afford to wait or do we go in another direction this offseason?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Icedawg316:

He only has 9td's and 7 int's. I still think he will throw 20 td's and 12 int's

Oh my bad I must have thought his stats from profootballreference weren't including yesterday's game. Still not bad to me
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
I'm more pleased with his completion percentage. Coming into Green Bay, he had 64% (now it's 61% thanks to a wonderful gameplan).

He is showing dramatic improvement. The thing is: can we afford to wait or do we go in another direction this offseason?

His TDs usually come AFTER we have lost the game, due to crappy INTs...stats and QB ratings are NUMBERS, not DATA
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

His TDs usually come AFTER we have lost the game, due to crappy INTs...stats and QB ratings are NUMBERS, not DATA

If you look at the top 15 QB's as far as numbers and QB rating, those QB's are all in the hunt for the playoffs and 12 from that list are going to the playoffs.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2009/seasontype/2

If you look at the top 15 QB's as far as numbers and QB rating, those QB's are all in the hunt for the playoffs and 12 from that list are going to the playoffs.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2009/seasontype/2

Who cares...their numbers do not stem from loose defense after you've lost the game...Alex's do...that is why they are NUMBERS, not proof that he is the next Joe Montana
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Who cares...their numbers do not stem from loose defense after you've lost the game...Alex's do...that is why they are NUMBERS, not proof that he is the next Joe Montana

It was on the D yesterday. They couldn't get the ball back with 5 min to go.

we dont have the option to go in another direction unless we trade for a qb.. there are no good qb's going into fa
He is much improved. I don't believe he is the problem. The system and O Line are big problems. The defense getting gashed is a problem.
Originally posted by JoeO321:
i really dont think he is the problem... we have the worst line in football... when he gets time, he looks fine... he never got time in the first half and we were getting stuffed on 3rd and inches.... i mean 3rd and inches and we get knocked back!!!

This isn't true. He had good blocking in the TEN game where we actually ran the spread or "free'd Alex" from the start of the game but he threw 3 INTs. Call them deflections to downplay it but deflections come at the LOS, broken passes come at the DB and you could just as easily call them late throws. Rich Gannon even noticed.
Originally posted by Joecool:

This isn't true. He had good blocking in the TEN game where we actually ran the spread or "free'd Alex" from the start of the game but he threw 3 INTs. Call them deflections to downplay it but deflections come at the LOS, broken passes come at the DB and you could just as easily call them late throws. Rich Gannon even noticed.

that "good blocking" allowed titans to twice come free and knock the ball out of smith's hands twice....
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Joecool:

that "good blocking" allowed titans to twice come free and knock the ball out of smith's hands twice....

Why don't you go back and look at the first fumble. He was being grabbed and he didn't protect the ball as we have seen Hill do so often. The second one was legit but Alex got good protection for most of that game.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

Over rated statistic. Yards per attempt is what separates the men from the boys.
Alex is at 6.68 vastly improved from his under 6 career average. Hill is at 6.08 on the year, that number needs to hit 7.0 to be respectable, Alex isn't there yet but headed in the right direction.