There are 202 users in the forums

Let's say we would have stopped Green Bay

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
If we stopped GB and forced them to punt, then drove down the field to score the game winning go ahead TD, would you all be chirping the same tune about Sing? Sing made some mistakes no doubt, but it was the defense that let HIM down. A few calls go our way (fumble, challenge) and we would have won. Support Sing!
10-6 all the way!!!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
If we stopped GB and forced them to punt, then drove down the field to score the game winning go ahead TD, would you all be chirping the same tune about Sing? Sing made some mistakes no doubt, but it was the defense that let HIM down. A few calls go our way (fumble, challenge) and we would have won. Support Sing!

So we're going to ignore the entire game, except for the final drive? Singletary and Raye were the reason it even came down to that final drive. We didn't start playing until the 3rd quarter. That's on the coaches. Raye's predictable garbage DOESN'T WORK, at least not with OUR team. We need to come out and play aggressively. Give the ball to Smith, spread the offense out, and let him do his thing. I'm sick of the coaching staff. They have no balls, and it's trickling down to the players.

Even Manusky...when there's a 2-minute situation, he has everyone play 15 yards off and we allow easy FGs and TDs. This isn't a formula for success. Soft offense. Soft defense. That's why we're 4-6.
[ Edited by B650 on Nov 23, 2009 at 3:47 AM ]
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by B650:

So we're going to ignore the entire game, except for the final drive? Singletary and Raye were the reason it even came down to that final drive. We didn't start playing until the 3rd quarter. That's on the coaches. Raye's predictable garbage DOESN'T WORK, at least not with OUR team. We need to come out and play aggressively. Give the ball to Smith, spread the offense out, and let him do his thing. I'm sick of the coaching staff. They have no balls, and it's trickling down to the players.

Even Manusky...when there's a 2-minute situation, he has everyone play 15 yards off and we allow easy FGs and TDs. This isn't a formula for success. Soft offense. Soft defense. That's why we're 4-6.

Thank You , and something that struck me was after Smith threw the pick Billick says more or less , what can you expect they don't practice the passing game enough they're too busy trying to work on the "Smashmouth" running game. It boggles my mind , they can't or won't go after teams until it's too late
Smith would of thrown an interception on the game winning drive...book it
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ktate14:

May be true, but you can't fault Singletary all the way in this loss. He did something during halftime to light a fire and almost came back to win it. He realized what happened, happened and coached our team to come back. I think he can coach, just doesn't have the true experience yet. He is RAW.

I'm not chirping anything about Sing right now, but, there have been too many games that they've come so close to winning just to fail.

The ultra-conservative mindset of him and the offensive coaching staff have caused this team lose.
Sing is still fine in my eyes, he isn't a seasoned HC yet. Raye on the other hand is really starting to piss me off.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
Sing is still fine in my eyes, he isn't a seasoned HC yet. Raye on the other hand is really starting to piss me off.

This
Originally posted by ktate14:

What team do you support?

Originally posted by 9ermj:

Thank You , and something that struck me was after Smith threw the pick Billick says more or less , what can you expect they don't practice the passing game enough they're too busy trying to work on the "Smashmouth" running game. It boggles my mind , they can't or won't go after teams until it's too late

Yeah I was flabbergasted by that as well. Other than someone pilfering him for another shot at a HC gig, it makes you wonder why Sing and Co. didn't even try to bring Billick in as the OC instead of Raye.

Billick would have KILLED to have the guys that we have on Offense when he coached Baltimore...

...well for everyone except the OLine.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Yeah I was flabbergasted by that as well. Other than someone pilfering him for another shot at a HC gig, it makes you wonder why Sing and Co. didn't even try to bring Billick in as the OC instead of Raye.

Billick would have KILLED to have the guys that we have on Offense when he coached Baltimore...

~Ceadder

and that my friend has been the biggest downfall to our O all year!!!
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
If we had stopped them and Smith had lead us to a win in the spread I would have been thrilled. It would be even more evidence that this team needs to play to it's player's strengths. It would have shown Raye that his way got 5 passing yards and the spread got us a win. I would have credited Sing for making the switch at half-time but I would still need to see what they did at the beginning of next week's game before giving him too much credit.

This is an average team but they have some good players. They need to let them do what they do best. If the line sucks, put Alex in the shotgun to give him that extra time to throw. If the defense doesn't have a pass-rusher than you need to confuse the QB with coverages and confuse the O-line with stunts and different blitz packages. If your QB is best out of the shotgun (his only INT came on his only pass out of the base offense in the second half) then move to a shotgun-based offense.

Singletary has been very good at making a change when something isn't working. The base offense with the full-back and the TE hasn't been working but he has continued to let Jimmy Raye call it. I will be interested to see what happens next game because this team does have playoff potential but right now it's just that, potential.
[ Edited by jaghetersofie on Nov 23, 2009 at 9:35 AM ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

and that my friend has been the biggest downfall to our O all year!!!

I wouldn't mind having Billick as our HC. He knows what he's talking about.
nope, I'd still be pissed like I was over last weeks "win".
Share 49ersWebzone