There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coach Sing -"We are a smash mouth football team".

So we couldnt pick up an inch on 3rd and inches, and then didnt go for it on 4th and inches in Green Bay territory. What a joke. A smash mouth football team can pick up an inch on 3rd or 4th down.
That's a lot of talk. We don't have the O LINE for that.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
So we couldnt pick up an inch on 3rd and inches, and then didnt go for it on 4th and inches in Green Bay territory. What a joke. A smash mouth football team can pick up an inch on 3rd or 4th down.

Man. 3rd and f**kING INCHES. Are you f**kING KIDDING ME. EVERYONE IN THE f**kING STADIUM KNEW WE WERE GOING FOR THE f**kING FB RUN RIGHT THERE.
they would have got it if they qb sneaked it.
Did he say this crap again??? PLEASE GOD NO MORE SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL. WE SUCK AT IT
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Did he say this crap again??? PLEASE GOD NO MORE SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL. WE SUCK AT IT
Just asking, but has he actually ever used the words "smash mouth" before? I know it's been implied, but I don't recall a time that he did.

Originally posted by znk916:

Seriously though, what do you really think...

Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Man. 3rd and f**kING INCHES. Are you f**kING KIDDING ME. EVERYONE IN THE f**kING STADIUM KNEW WE WERE GOING FOR THE f**kING FB RUN RIGHT THERE.

That pissed me off so bad. Is that Raye's only short yardage play? The past several weeks we've ran that exact play everytime. Does he really think teams are that dumb?
If Sing doesn't go to the Spread (or atleast the Shotgun) early next week, I'll lose all faith in him. He's too stubborn for own good. We clearly are more effective when we spread it out. We are NOT a smash-mouth team.

Isn't it the coach's job to best utilize the talent on his team? If he ignores the Spread, he's letting his ego comprimise the team's success.

On the bright side, maybe Shanahan is watching and excited about the opportunity to get his hands on our potential on offense.
We're f**king pathetic. Watching the Eagles vs. Bears game made even more pissed. Eagles were facing a 3rd & 15 and they get an easy first down on a slant. I mean we could only dream of doing that, we can't even get an inch on 3rd down
We aren't and it's week 12 and Singletary still hasn't figured that out
Originally posted by strickac:
If Sing doesn't go to the Spread (or atleast the Shotgun) early next week, I'll lose all faith in him. He's too stubborn for own good. We clearly are more effective when we spread it out. We are NOT a smash-mouth team.

Isn't it the coach's job to best utilize the talent on his team? If he ignores the Spread, he's letting his ego comprimise the team's success.

On the bright side, maybe Shanahan is watching and excited about the opportunity to get his hands on our potential on offense.

STAY THE COURSE. We are a 1 yard and a cloud of dust team. Alex in the I formation. Here we come. sing said it would be best. Trust in sing. He is a great motivational speaker. He must know something.

Watch us smash you in the mouth with our 50 yard punts.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 23, 2009 at 9:44 AM ]