There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So if the 49ers scores 24 points in a game what

do you think their chances of winning? 25%? 75%?

I would say its 50-50. It all depends on how defense plays.

My point is that the offense did put up 24 points.
The QB that everybody hates did throw 3 TDs
Vernon made several key catches
Crabtree got his first TD
Morgan had 1 good return
Gore had a TD catch

The offense is bad and predictable but they did put up 24 points and a handful did made some plays.

Somebody point to me the defense's key moments and plays? Who were the playmakers?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the object of the game is that the offense score points and the defense hold the oppenent as close to zero as possible.

Not to let the oppenent gain 350 yards in the first half.

There was no way we were going to win this game today. Even if went ahead and there's 1 second left. GB will find a way to score. Or better yet, our defense will find a way to let the score.

Raye sucks. OL is horrible. Alex is Alex.

Singletary is defensive guy. There is no excuse for the defense to play like an expansion team. Especially with 9 days to prepare. INEXCUSABLE!
can I say maybe garbage time??
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

That's what I call it! hasn't performed in close games!

All that matter are Wins bottom line.
  • Apone
  • Veteran

That's right the packers went on a nickel defense, because they never do it. It wasn't the same defense they ran against the cowboys, or against the bucs, or against any other team this season. They just felt sorry for Alex so they threw in 5 DB's only in the 4th Quarter in hopes that Smith could pat his stats.
[ Edited by Apone on Nov 22, 2009 at 10:53 PM ]

So what's defense's excuse?
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:

Maybe the defense was letting GB amass all of those yards and points so we can go to the spread?
Well, the defense DID suck today. But they might not have sucked AS bad if the offense was on the field more, moving the ball, giving the D a rest, while also getting the Packers' O out of rhythm.
well when your offense sucks and its always a 3 and out and our defense is always on the field, the more chances that the opponent will score
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
well when your offense sucks and its always a 3 and out and our defense is always on the field, the more chances that the opponent will score

The defenses job is to stop the other team and not worry about their own offense. The Baltimore Ravens played for years and years with mostly defense and very little offense and they still got stops on 3rd down and got the ball back.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

The defenses job is to stop the other team and not worry about their own offense. The Baltimore Ravens played for years and years with mostly defense and very little offense and they still got stops on 3rd down and got the ball back.

This is true. But as much as we want our defense to be like the great Ravens defenses, they're not. The 2009 49ers defense has potential and is in the top half of the NFL's defenses, but they're not a top 10 defense. The flaws they have need some help from the offense if they're going to be successful. If we had a good ball-controlling offense like we envisioned, we'd control the clock and maybe have a top 10 defense, but this isn't the case. We don't have a ball-controlling offense and our defense suffers from it.

As much as we all want to blame the offense, the defense is not exempt from today's loss though. They play well, but when they fall behind, like in the Falcons game or today's game... they really let the game get out of hand.

Exactly!...

f**k the offense...

You do what you are suppose to do. Where are the key plays? Key stops?

If the your offense go 3 and out, then you make sure that other side also goes 3 and out.

Oh by the way, they can also try to create turnovers.

The offense sucked but managed 24 points (despite Raye's play calling).
The defense just plain sucked. And what do they have to show for it? Almost 500 yards allowed.

Yes almost 500 yards allowed.

Theres not a lot teams win when they give up almost 500 yards.

500 yards.

That is a staggering number.

~500 yards
~500 yards
~500 yards

Ask anybody. If your team allows ~500 yards, do you expect to win???

The answer would be a resounding NO!

Exactly!...

f**k the offense...

You do what you are suppose to do. Where are the key plays? Key stops?

If the your offense go 3 and out, then you make sure that other side also goes 3 and out.

Oh by the way, they can also try to create turnovers.

The offense sucked but managed 24 points (despite Raye's play calling).
The defense just plain sucked. And what do they have to show for it? Almost 500 yards allowed.

Yes almost 500 yards allowed.

Theres not a lot teams win when they give up almost 500 yards.

500 yards.

That is a staggering number.

~500 yards
~500 yards
~500 yards

Ask anybody. If your team allows ~500 yards, do you expect to win???

The answer would be a resounding NO!

Come on... Stop making sense.

500, 600 yards allowed... doesn't matter.

Our offense (which sucked all year) is suppose to score 49 points each game.

Its all the offense. Holding them to 3 or 10 points is just not sexy. We want a 49-42 win. A old fashion shoot out.

Come on join the other threads... Its so fun to blame offense.

Say it with me.... Its the offense fault (forget the 500 yards allowed).
Come on you can do it...