There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is it truly garbage time when Alex thrived???

Hey Posters,

Just wanted to get your opinion about Alex putting up big numbers in the 2nd half of the Houston game and in the 2nd half today at Green Bay.

It seems that Alex's big numbers come when we are down big and maybe its just that the opponent starts relaxing and playing prevent and we start the spread offense???

If that is the case, can we credit Alex with "playing at a high level"???

Or do you think its a matter of Raye opening the offense and Alex thriving in a legit highly competitive game?
Well, Brian Billick said the Packers weren't playing soft. I don't know if that's correct, because I don't know X's and O's too well and can't tell.

But as for the Texans game, I think a lot of that was the Texans not even knowing who Alex Smith was.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
This thread will go no where at the end all that matters is WINS and Alexandra does not know how!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
This thread will go no where at the end all that matters is WINS and Alexandra does not know how!

Yep because "Alexandra" let Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Grant, and Greg Jennings shred us today....
I don't know but he could do nothing in the first half leading to a tired D...

"The Packers more than doubled the 49ers' time of possession, 41:39 to 18:21. The reason? The Packers managed 26 first downs to San Francisco's 10"

When you can't get first downs and sustain drives consistently this is the obvious result. I am upset too I wish we could win some games and find our QB of the future ASAP.

Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I don't know but he could do nothing in the first half leading to a tired D...

"The Packers more than doubled the 49ers' time of possession, 41:39 to 18:21. The reason? The Packers managed 26 first downs to San Francisco's 10"

When you can't get first downs and sustain drives consistently this is the obvious result. I am upset too I wish we could win some games and find our QB of the future ASAP.


Thank you for making a great point. But since Garcia left QB has been our biggest problem and it continuous to be. Until we find a good QB we will rise once again but until then we are going to be just and 8-8 team.
Shamelessly pluggin my profile pic
Nah the Pack was still bringing pressure and they were trying to run up the score. Billick specifically said that Capers doesn't believe in the prevent defense BS. Billick is a defensive guy who knows what he's talking about, I'd trust what he says.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Nah the Pack was still bringing pressure and they were trying to run up the score. Billick specifically said that Capers doesn't believe in the prevent defense BS. Billick is a defensive guy who knows what he's talking about, I'd trust what he says.

Billick is an offensive guru bro!

They were not trying to run up the score they played real conservative in the 2nd half.
[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Nov 22, 2009 at 11:10 PM ]
Alex Smith has had 5 years to be learn how to win games. He is not a winner. Time to move on.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Alex Smith has had 5 years to be learn how to win games. He is not a winner. Time to move on.

I agree. They should've put Smith out there on defense. He would've stopped Grant. Also, I don't know if you heard yet, but it was Smith that decided to waste a timeout and challenge that 2nd-down run in a futile attempt to push them back 6 more inches.

More reasons as to why Smith isn't a winner...

He keeps sacking himself repeatedly. Is it too much to ask to block 4 defensive linemen, then drop back to pass and find the open guy?

He keeps hiring new OCs every single year. I don't know why he keeps doing this.

He keeps missing tackles on screen passes. For some reason, we suck against the screen pass, and a big part of that is because he doesn't arm tackle.

He knows that he functions well in a spread-type offense, but for some reason, he keeps calling his own plays and doesn't put himself in that offense. It's strange. He only starts using the spread-type offense in the 2nd half of games.

Lastly, when there's nobody open, he can't just magically find the open guy before he gets sacked, even if, like I said, there's nobody open.

I'm getting tired of the Smith hate. Look, he isn't a great QB, but on this team, there's PLENTY of blame to go around. You can start at the top. Singletary and Raye are looking like two GIECO cavemen right about now. The OL is looking like a bunch of Girl Scouts. Scratch that...Girl Scouts have more passion and pride than this unit.

This team is a total mess right now, including the QB position, but that position gets FAR too much blame. There's a reason why Hill looked even worse than Smith out there, and there's a reason why Davis will look equally bad.
[ Edited by B650 on Nov 23, 2009 at 12:52 AM ]
During the game Billick said Mike McCarthy and Greg Manusky coached together with the Niners before McCarthy was hired as Packers coach. So I take his comments on the Packers defense with a grain of salt.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
During the game Billick said Mike McCarthy and Greg Manusky coached together with the Niners before McCarthy was hired as Packers coach. So I take his comments on the Packers defense with a grain of salt.

Because he made a mistake about where two coaches where working in the past? I think we can trust his judgment on the X and O's of the game...