LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 326 users in the forums

Alex can succeed in a spread offense.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex can succeed in a spread offense.

Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Get ready Nate Davis cause I think Alexandra is going to blow it and be benched towards the end of the year. Just a hunch!

I don't think you will see Nate Davis this year. IMO they will ride Alex the last 6 games to find out what they have and figure out what they have for the future or what they have to do for the future. Nate Davis is not ready right now. He would have a tough time being ready next year with a full offseason under his belt.
Get ready Nate Davis cause I think Alexandra is going to blow it and be benched towards the end of the year. Just a hunch!

A hunch? I'm betting it's your wish.
[ Edited by kronik on Nov 22, 2009 at 10:28 PM ]
Let's see, what has Alex done quite well with over the course of his career.

At Utah:
-Spread offense, better view of the defense, making reads from the shotgun.

With Norv:
-Designed roll outs, bootlegs, misdirection and play action, and deep shots.

And what are we doing? Let me answer: None of these things. We do absolutely nothing to keep defenses guessing. They learn the playbook in the first quarter and then we're unable to do anything else from that point.
Depends on your definition of "succeed". But he's much, much more suited for a spread offense. That much is painfully obvious.
Originally posted by teeohh:
And the one play in which Alex Smith took a snap from center in the second half . . . was intercepted.

according to maiocco

In looking at that play, I think that was a mishap between Vernon and Alex. I think Alex thought Vernon was going to break outside, but Vernon went to the middle of the field or thought it was going to the other WR.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Depends on your definition of "succeed". But he's much, much more suited for a spread offense. That much is painfully obvious.

So why doesn't sing run it?

Originally posted by kronik:

A hunch? I'm betting it's your wish.

Don't know what's going to happen but I just want to win. Alexandra is just not a winner I just don't see it in him to thrive he has no emotion to the game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

How to smash mouth with finesse plays.
Originally posted by jed_york:

nhap?
Originally posted by jed_york:

Cause we got finesse players!

Fire McClueless!

We need to start practicing for the spread offense now. And if this offense fits Alex and Co then it should show itself in the last couple of games.
[ Edited by 49ersRednGold on Nov 22, 2009 at 10:41 PM ]
They should do whatever Alex is comfortable doing. If it's the Spread Offense then do it and let's see if he's really capable of winning. If not then then cut his butt and don't listen to anymore of why it's NOT his fault because it will NEVER be his fault.

Prove it or lose it ... period!
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Nov 22, 2009 at 10:46 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Let's see, what has Alex done quite well with over the course of his career.

At Utah:
-Spread offense, better view of the defense, making reads from the shotgun.

With Norv:
-Designed roll outs, bootlegs, misdirection and play action, and deep shots.

And what are we doing? Let me answer: None of these things. We do absolutely nothing to keep defenses guessing. They learn the playbook in the first quarter and then we're unable to do anything else from that point.

And all of those things would help our O-line.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
We need to start practicing for the spread offense now. And if this offense fits Alex and Co then it should show itself in the last couple of games.

I agree.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Because we spent the entire offseason trying to be a smashmouth football team. You can't just change your identity in the middle of a season that easily. It takes time.

When we actually do run spread formations, we end up recycling plays because we just don't have enough vertical passing plays in our playbook.

How many times did we throw it to Vernon Davis up the seam, lol. We've run that play 10 times.

It's going to take an entire offseason for us to become a legit spread offense if we want to become one.
Share 49ersWebzone