LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Alex can succeed in a spread offense.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex can succeed in a spread offense.

What do you guys think? Let's see the poll results.
yay another Smith thread. I don't think he can do anything positive CONSISTENTLY. He will give the game away somewhere during the 60 minutes.
Unless Singletary changes his style this won't happen! Why would he fire Martz in the first place? Don't make sense to me.

Can't Do It!
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
yay another Smith thread. I don't think he can do anything positive CONSISTENTLY. He will give the game away somewhere during the 60 minutes.

I think it's been shown over and over he is a heck of a lot better in the spread.

This is a poll. I don't see polls regarding this.
I hear ya....just saying man.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I hear ya....just saying man.

With a good surrounding cast, I think so. Our WRs are young though and our offensive line sucks this year. If we put him in the spread offense, he'll turn the ball over like he did against the Titans.

Alex also needs to progress as well. I only consider him to be a serviceable QB right now. He can make plays and throw TDs, but can he do what he did in college? Not at this point in his career. I'm interested to see how he progresses over the rest of the season, the offseason, and what he can do with a year of continuity under his belt.

But if you're asking with the thought that we switch to a spread offense next week... I say NO.
Yes he can, but it will take a whole offseason to install the spread offense as the main offense. For now, the team can only install a few plays here and there. There simply isn't enough time to blow everything up and start over with the philosophy. The week consists of film study of previous games, film study of upcoming opponent, 3-4 days of practice. Posters that think it's as easy as snapping their fingers are _____.
Originally posted by kronik:
Yes he can, but it will take a whole offseason to install the spread offense as the main offense. For now, the team can only install a few plays here and there. There simply isn't enough time to blow everything up and start over with the philosophy. The week consists of film study of previous games, film study of upcoming opponent, 3-4 days of practice. Posters that think it's as easy as snapping their fingers are _____.

We should be moving more toward spread than I formation though. That's what he has been proven to be good at.
We have 6 more games to find out, I think our entire offense and run game would be better in the spread.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
IMHO Alex can succeed in a spread offense
Originally posted by teeohh:
We have 6 more games to find out, I think our entire offense and run game would be better in the spread.

I think so too. I don't know why they don't do it since you have just 6 games left now. And the year is lost. So at this point just play it out and see what you have so you know if you can have success next year or not.
Get ready Nate Davis cause I think Alexandra is going to blow it and be benched towards the end of the year. Just a hunch!
And the one play in which Alex Smith took a snap from center in the second half . . . was intercepted.

according to maiocco
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by kronik:

We should be moving more toward spread than I formation though. That's what he has been proven to be good at.

Agreed, but it will take time ( an offseason ) to install it as the main offense. As i said earlier, for now, we can just add a few plays here and there.
Share 49ersWebzone