There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our remaining playoff hopes....

• flow
  • Veteran
Finishing 10-6 would probably not be good enough to get into the playoffs.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Dream on. No playoffs here. Maybe we can finish ahead of Oakland. In SF you don't have to be a champion. Just don't finish last. Look at the Giants. They finish third and the manager and GM get new contracts. That's those bleeding heart liberals for you.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Dream on. No playoffs here. Maybe we can finish ahead of Oakland. In SF you don't have to be a champion. Just don't finish last. Look at the Giants. They finish third and the manager and GM get new contracts. That's those bleeding heart liberals for you.

Yes, Dream On

Sing(letary) with me, sing(letary) for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, we'll make the playoffs without Raye

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year
sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, we'll make the playoffs without Raye

Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream until your dream comes through
Dream On Dream On
Dream On Dream On
I'm with you man why not dream of the perfect scenerio where the coaches wake up and deactivate M.Norris and run the spread 95-100% of the time and let Smith air it out to Crabs and VD. Keep the D off the field and give them a chance by playing to their strengths before they are down by 20 pts.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Why stop there with the delusion? Hell, let's go for homefield advantage through out the Playoffs. Saints are only 6 games ahead of us with 6 to play. I mean with the way we've played so far this year, winning out is a foregone conclusion. The Saints are going to lose out the way they've been playing. As for the other teams above us, once we start winning they will all crumble under the pressure. Just Playoffs? Hell no my friend. Homefield advantage throughout the Playoffs!

i say this because we show something on every game that we lose, and i believe there will be a game where we start to "click" on a regular basis and not just when were down 20. We always "almost win". I know almost is still a loss, but when you take teams like minnesota and indy and practically give them their wins, it shows that we have somthing here.. its just not consistent..

all im saying is that if we can be more consistent and not hand over wins, we may be able to win out do to our easier schedule
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Why stop there with the delusion? Hell, let's go for homefield advantage through out the Playoffs. Saints are only 6 games ahead of us with 6 to play. I mean with the way we've played so far this year, winning out is a foregone conclusion. The Saints are going to lose out the way they've been playing. As for the other teams above us, once we start winning they will all crumble under the pressure. Just Playoffs? Hell no my friend. Homefield advantage throughout the Playoffs!

i say this because we show something on every game that we lose, and i believe there will be a game where we start to "click" on a regular basis and not just when were down 20. We always "almost win". I know almost is still a loss, but when you take teams like minnesota and indy and practically give them their wins, it shows that we have somthing here.. its just not consistent..

all im saying is that if we can be more consistent and not hand over wins, we may be able to win out do to our easier schedule

They just showed a grahic on MNF that 7 percent of 4-6 teams make the playoffs since 1990. I would say this is about an accurate chance of us making the playoffs. If you want to cling to that fine, but i mean its a really slim chance.
  • RowdyRaza
  • Info N/A
Im a niner faithful, and I still think we got a shot at a 10-6 season

49ers Remaining games

Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles
Sun Dec. 27 Lions
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams

Arizona's games

at Tennessee Titans
Minnesota
at 49ers
at Detroit
Rams
green bay

I still think we have a shot at the division but we must win out.. arizona has a chance to lose their next 3 games. If we win ours (which are winnable except for our superbowl against AZ and philli) well be right on the money.. a 2-4 record from them would be amazing or even at 3-3 here.. This would put us at a 6-0 or 5-1 down the stretch.. Our playoffs will ride on that monday night game tho..I will be expecting singletary to "spread us out" more or the media will have his head. it will be interesting to see

Wild card is gonna be even harder now with that loss... we gotta hope for some miracles to happen.. Cuz i still Believe!!!!

Originally posted by hcniner64:

They just showed a grahic on MNF that 7 percent of 4-6 teams make the playoffs since 1990. I would say this is about an accurate chance of us making the playoffs. If you want to cling to that fine, but i mean its a really slim chance.

im not much of a gambler but i'll take my chances.... alex smith will turn into tom brady and lead us to the promise land!
We are not going to the playoffs.

I just want to see Sing change the offensive philosophy to fit our players, that will make me feel better about the team's leadership heading into next season.
You can stick a fork in us. It is just not going to happen this year. This team will probably win 3-4 games, and finish the year at 7-9 or 8-8.
If we are lucky and no further injuries: 7-9.
I never expected playoffs for this team. I thought we can go 8-8 and that would be a solid season. We just don't have the talent yet. We need to upgrade the Offensive line and are secondary needs some talent. Next year will be a better year. We just need to sign a couple key free agents and have a solid draft. I blame Scott Mcglouahn. He didn't upgrade the team in the offseaon. We are basically the same team as last year with Crabtree. We have a lot of work during the offeason.
If we were to run the spread I would say we could win all those games but thats a big IF.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
If we were to run the spread I would say we could win all those games but thats a big IF.

We could win any game... Minnesota and indy barely beat us and they are great teams... we always lose by 5 or 6.. i dont care what you guys say if we play a full 60 minutes we can definitely sweep the schedule
  • g0t0
  • Veteran
i think the ONLY way the cardinals don't win the division is IF kurt warner is out for a few weeks and we win out... either way, both are unlikely
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home