There are 236 users in the forums

Game Adjustmemts.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now answer this for me, what makes belichek a good coach, besides cheating lol, seriously game adjustments.

is it me or does sing and our coaching not know how to adjust during the game. the packer game and the houston games are like carbon copies. get down big in the first half and comeback in the 2nd.

for the entire first half we didnt do s**t on offense and our db's played 10 yards off of the wr's and we got torched for the first half.

in the 2nd half it was a sdifferent story, we got three and outs and on offense we were able to move the ball.

why is that, can our coaching staff not make adjustments on the fly on the sideline.

the texans and packers are two games we could have won if our coaching staff can make adjustments on the fly.

granted we need help in a couple of areas on our team but our real problem is not our players its our coaches.
The coaches have a hard time making in-game adjustments. Good coaches do it well! Walsh used to script the first 20 plays just so he can see how the defense reacts. Then he went to work. Our coaches don't make adjustments on the run very well. Our offensive line has a hard time getting a push so it would be very hard to be a power running team. It is frustrating. I feel your PAIN!!!
the Singletary way is stick to your guns till you are down 30 points or half time, which ever comes first.
Comes down to conservative nature on the coaching staff. Sing and Raye = predictable. Stick with the game plan going in, lose the game coming out. Don't make a change unless absolutely necessary. This mentality gives you .500 season at best.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Comes down to conservative nature on the coaching staff. Sing and Raye = predictable. Stick with the game plan going in, lose the game coming out. Don't make a change unless absolutely necessary. This mentality gives you .500 season at best.

this reminds me of the carnival

come on take a shot can you get the ring on the bottle!
Watching the game... I see Singletary yelling out "Come on D" and "Defense!" and clapping. He is more of a motivator now than head coach perhaps because he is still learning. It is obvious he is leaving the X's and O's to the assistants, and not being involved in those kind of adjustments. I am not sure how much communication there is during the game between Singletary and the coordinators, but I hope he is not using the same headset Mike Nolan wore during his tenure as head coach - the one he wore for just show (it was never turned on).
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

this reminds me of the carnival

come on take a shot can you get the ring on the bottle!

Yeah, Sing and Raye would be there the whole day, but they aren't creative enough to distract the vendor and do the 'lean in'
i cant help but wonder if niners had gone to spread offense in 1st half, might they have won...the standard 1rb 1 fb offense wasnt working
singFRAUD doesn't make adjustments.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

i was about to say none

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He does, but only when it's too late and there's not much to lose.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
They wouldn't have to make so many adjustments if they knew how to form a game plan to begin with...........
Our O Line is weak so you put Smith in a position to succeed by spreading it out. Not only that but the defense has to show you what they're up to and the reads aren't so bunched up. The game plan was horrible coming into this game. We had so much time to prepare and we came out 'unsure' about anything we were doing. Smith is a good QB and I've been saying for weeks that he isn't the same guy he was 2 years ago. It's his team. That being said, HE needs to step up and say what is working and what isn't. Seriously, if it's already broke when you go into the game how are you going to fix it. The fact that we could get no penetration on their weak OLine is beyond me. Our defense didn't step up to give Alex a shot at the end. This could have been a signature game for the franchise and instead it is just an addition to the big fade.
Share 49ersWebzone