There are 211 users in the forums

Free Frank Gore, Not Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I guess now you will finally realize that no matter what offense we run, Gore is still our best offensive player and has more of an influence in this team winning at the moment than any other player.

When a team's best player on offense is their RB, the team stays around 7-10 wins, but when the best player on offense is the QB, it has a chance to win the superbowl.

Let us hope Alex becomes our best player on offense but I guess I'm still an idiot for WANTING The Raye-Gun but not wanting 30+ attempts from Alex Smith.
The Niners must improve their passing game! The league is still evolving. There were ten 4,000 yard passers this season! Most of them are in the playoffs! This is a passing league! This is a quarterback driven league!

Also, Frank Gore has only about 2 more Prime years left anyways. RBs almost always have a big decline starting around 29-30 yrs old.

If we have a good QB, he can be productive until about 35-37 yrs old.
Originally posted by swim4speed:
The Niners must improve their passing game! The league is still evolving. There were ten 4,000 yard passers this season! Most of them are in the playoffs! This is a passing league! This is a quarterback driven league!

Also, Frank Gore has only about 2 more Prime years left anyways. RBs almost always have a big decline starting around 29-30 yrs old.

If we have a good QB, he can be productive until about 35-37 yrs old.

I completely agree. I was just getting basted prior to the TEN game for saying that letting Alex throw 40 times wouldn't be a good idea...yet.

If our QB turns out to be the best player on the offense, then we are EASILY looking at the playoffs but if Gore is, once again, our best player next year, we are looking at 7 to 10 win mediocrity.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I guess now you will finally realize that no matter what offense we run, Gore is still our best offensive player and has more of an influence in this team winning at the moment than any other player.

When a team's best player on offense is their RB, the team stays around 7-10 wins, but when the best player on offense is the QB, it has a chance to win the superbowl.

Let us hope Alex becomes our best player on offense but I guess I'm still an idiot for WANTING The Raye-Gun but not wanting 30+ attempts from Alex Smith.

an idiot nah, I wuldnt say that. Biased to a point beyond belief, hell yeah.

Every chance, and every post ur always sayin negative s**t about smith.

I mean we talk about, our d, you say hey if alex smith. If a drop, hey if alex smith. If bad weather that day, hey alex smith. The d doesn't make a stop, you, well if smith.

Don't get me wrong is he great/ good / just ok. Everyone has their opinion whch your entitled too. But be honest, u may not notice, but you just make negatve cmments about the kid every free second. And it's shockng, cuz I been here over a year.

And most of the polished vets, may not like any of our qb's but their at least tasteful and speak witout personal bias. s**t some even refrain frm commenting just cuz of some personal hate around the zone.

I just honestly feel to be a new guy, ud want the pros to be unbiased and just speak wisdom witout bias. But I have yet to see u put up one post sayin sumthn positive about him. I mean he may suck 90% of the time accordng to you. But even when he makes good plays u go, o so one good play.

Just what's da deal brotha?

No team should want 30+ attempts from its QB. I hope Smith passes 15-20 times a game and Gore runs about 25 times a game with another back (Coffee?) coming in for another 10 runs.
You turn balls over when it's spread out..

Originally posted by Jersey9er:

an idiot nah, I wuldnt say that. Biased to a point beyond belief, hell yeah.

Every chance, and every post ur always sayin negative s**t about smith.

I mean we talk about, our d, you say hey if alex smith. If a drop, hey if alex smith. If bad weather that day, hey alex smith. The d doesn't make a stop, you, well if smith.

Don't get me wrong is he great/ good / just ok. Everyone has their opinion whch your entitled too. But be honest, u may not notice, but you just make negatve cmments about the kid every free second. And it's shockng, cuz I been here over a year.

And most of the polished vets, may not like any of our qb's but their at least tasteful and speak witout personal bias. s**t some even refrain frm commenting just cuz of some personal hate around the zone.

I just honestly feel to be a new guy, ud want the pros to be unbiased and just speak wisdom witout bias. But I have yet to see u put up one post sayin sumthn positive about him. I mean he may suck 90% of the time accordng to you. But even when he makes good plays u go, o so one good play.

Just what's da deal brotha?

Hey, I think he played almost Great in the SEA game except for that weird collapse in the final series.

I only point to faults when the guy gets highly overcompensated for what he has or hasn't done or when fault is always somewhere else with the guy. I defend the 49ers QB which is the only reason why I defend JTO/Hill. They, as Smith, both got raw ends of the deal yet no one seems to care. Smith has played at a similar level to those two but they suck and Smith look very good.

That is the ONLY reason. Right now, Smith is the most over rated player on this board which is EXACTLY the same reason why he is the most under rated at the same time. One extreme brings forth the other extreme.

I have posted many positive things about Smith but when I post negative things, it's not his fault.
  • kirkfiege
  • Info N/A
It's pretty easy guys, you see the Detroit game first half? We'd run, run, then third and long, then the defense would blitz and we had no answers. Or there would be some absolute protection breakdowns on our pass attempts in the first half.
When a defense has to respect the pass, we can run VERY well. When the defense expects the run, we run TERRIBLY. This could not have been any more obvious in the first half of the Detroit game.
Once we improve our o-line and the communication on blocking, then things should improve. Please don't say that we have to free Frank Gore. We did in the first half and all it got was a lot of third and really longs. We need an o-line and blocking scheme to "free Frank Gore".

Watch the games please.
Frank Gore and Alex Smith are both good players and should help us out a lot next year. This is just stupid internet message board flub.
Now cool, at least your bein honest. But be real brotha. See what I mean. Support jto, and hill. 2 that aren't even starting for us anymore. And u didn't even know jto that long. He comes for one season and he's getting a bad rap. When he started above hill and smith.

I mean it's like u will support ANY, qb other than smith. And ur last comment said it all. He had one good game against Seattle. I guess out of he, jto, and hill. Smith has had only one good game his season.

Maybe some in the zone are right cool. To get you to let go of a bias is like gwbush jr winning a re- election. Impossible
Share 49ersWebzone