LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Free Frank Gore, Not Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
wait, people 1st want us to Pass More, now you want us to Run More, nobody is ever happy i guess,
No point in going back to Hill. We're basically one loss away from being mathematically eliminated and the odds of Hill running off 6 straight wins is 0%. He has no starting future here, and absolutely nothing can be gained by inserting him back in the lineup. If Smith continues to play like dog sh*t we go to Nate Davis.
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Its obvious that Smith makes the whole team better. With exception of the the OL. 3 TDs is pretty solid from where i am sitting.

The Hill brigade sure seems bitter 4 weeks later

Perfect post that gets back onto the title of this thread.

You are wrong, sir. It is obvious Frank Gore makes the entire team better and whenever we go away from him or use him in predictable situations, we don't play very well. We need to find better ways of getting him involved.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by chimp914:
Are you guys serious. What has Alex Smith done when we spread the offense? He throws more INTs when we spread it out. The TDs come until we get close enough and then the opposition begins to clamp it down again.

His only INT of the day came on the ONLY play of the second half that Alex was not in the shotgun.

28/29 plays in the second half were in the shotgun.

Link

So what's your point? That's the job of a QB and it further shows that he can't read defenses. Dropping back is the time you see how the defense opens up. In shotgun, he's already got his target prior to the snap.

wrong!!! lmao he does nto already have his target presnap that is the most stupid thing you have ever posted and I really hope you dont believe that.
Are you guys serious. What has Alex Smith done when we spread the offense? He throws more INTs when we spread it out. The TDs come until we get close enough and then the opposition begins to clamp it down again.

His only INT of the day came on the ONLY play of the second half that Alex was not in the shotgun.

Link

So what's your point? That's the job of a QB and it further shows that he can't read defenses. Dropping back is the time you see how the defense opens up. In shotgun, he's already got his target prior to the snap.

So now you can read the mind of the QB that is hundreds if not thousands of miles away from you? Face it Smith gives the team the best chance to win. The coaches just need to let him instead of trying to hold him back and keep him out of rythm. When the players are calling for a spread offense that should tell you something. I didn't hear any of the players saying they should start Shaun Hill in the interviews. I wonder why that is.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
wait, people 1st want us to Pass More, now you want us to Run More, nobody is ever happy i guess,

I don't think anyone was advocating for us to run 7 times a game and that's it.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
No point in going back to Hill. We're basically one loss away from being mathematically eliminated and the odds of Hill running off 6 straight wins is 0%. He has no starting future here, and absolutely nothing can be gained by inserting him back in the lineup. If Smith continues to play like dog sh*t we go to Nate Davis.

There is no point but people wanting the spread are dillusional. The spread cost Alex Smith 4 turnovers. What we need is to trust Gore because he will continue to break long runs as he hasn't stopped breaking long runs up yet.

Gore has always been the key to this offense and whenever we let any QB loose, we lose our chance to keep a game within giving us a solid chance to win.
Originally posted by Method:
Joe is just trolling now. Nice one.

So far, JTO had just as much "Potential" as Alex Smith. They both throw INTs when we REALLY need a TD.

Hill sucked also, but he was safer with the ball and provided in crunch time if the game was still attainable.

yes because 3 td to 1 int is a bad look at the game he has NO time to throw the ball which iis understandable becaause out of our s**tty o line 2 starters are injured
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Joe tells us more how good JTO is and how he is really a gamer and all he does is win...how he is the answer at QB, you said all those things and I wanna hear them again..please tell me lmao

JTO!!!!!!

1. Was on the Lions, Panthers, Pats, Vikings, GB, and Saints
  2. GB was looking to develop him but Rogers fell in their lap

Also, hearing Nolan on KNBR, he said McCarthy wanted JTO when McCarthy was with the Niners. He had heard some good things about JTO.

Nolan said the fact that McCarthy was already eying the guy and Martz liked what the guy brings to the field told Nolan that he should sign him AND give him a chance.

Why in the hell was he a journeyman: gunslinger, mistake prone, attitude seemed cocky, teams kept getting in a situation where the starter was better or a draft pick with more potential was acquired, or was it just a different agenda?

Who knows. One thing that I do know is that you can say he makes dumb decisions and if you think he's going to consistently make the type of INT he threw against the Raiders...well...that's not going to happen. He will throw the type of INT he had in the GB game, but almost every QB and their momma occasionally throws those.

JTO has not played a regular season game, but I have a good feeling he is going to be bad ass. My reasoning has nothing to do with this QB rating or stats but everything to do with how he operates the huddle to the different ways he can release that damn ball. His accuracy and throwing capabilities is EXACTLY what the M-O needs.

Are you serious? Do you know why I'm bringing up JTO? I am bringing him up to see if you all bash me for supporting him and you all are putting yoursevles in a deeper hole for posting my quotes because...

...you can switch JTO with Smith in all of those posts and that's exactly how all of you appear right now.

Did you forget about the Rams, Falcons, and Texans games?

Hill may be cautious, be he kept pulling the ball down in certain situations, rather taking a sack on plays where if he stepped around a bit he could of made something happen.

Hill started to do the things we hated JTO and Alex on - holding onto the ball too long, staring down a wr, and not moving around.

Hill cant complete long passes with accuracy and has to rely on short passes. When you have 8-9 men in the box (cause of gore) you cant complete short passes with much success.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Method:
Joe is just trolling now. Nice one.

So far, JTO had just as much "Potential" as Alex Smith. They both throw INTs when we REALLY need a TD.

Hill sucked also, but he was safer with the ball and provided in crunch time if the game was still attainable.

Joe your track record on picking QB's isn't exactly great. So your pretty much the last person to try and convice other posters about who should be the starting QB

I know, it's now time to go with the one who doesn't hand the ball over to the opposition. You must also take into consideration that Hill played 3 games without Gore. Hill only had one bad game where the game was out of hand.

yes but hill had staley and pashos so he had a better o line 2

Link

Wow, that was a really nice find Chimp.

Also, hopefully it is understood that if you run an aggressive passing offense you WILL throw some interceptions, but 3TDs for every 1 interception is good offensive football.

If you want to make an omelette, you have to break some eggs.

If you don't want to throw interceptions, then just sit on your thumb and look forward to another high draft pick, year after year.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 22, 2009 at 5:21 PM ]

Link

wrong!!! lmao he does nto already have his target presnap that is the most stupid thing you have ever posted and I really hope you dont believe that.

I'm sorry but you need to learn about the Spread and it's purpose. What Smith did in the spread in college was predetermine where the mismatch was and throw it that way. The spread in the NFL is the same. It "spread" the defense thinner so that it creates a mismatch. It certainly doesn't create more space because there's still 11 guys on defense. You look for the mismatch presnap.
this thread is pointless. this team is not built to run the football, even though we have a top 5 back, and our coaches preach the run first approach. With the guys at hand, Smith, Crabs, VD, Gore and an inconsistent soft offense of line, we should take some notes on how the Colts and Patriots run their offense. Pass the ball from the gun, get your playmakers involved, and open it up for Gore and the run. Although I am a run first type of guy too, and would love to get ur HB going early. Its not working. 3 and outs dig us in a hole, our oline is not physical enough. and the pass doesnt work when you run, and the d stacks the box and we try and throw short, the d smuthers it. story of our offense. we need to change that approach..

Link

I'm just countering what you brought up, that Alex throws more picks when we go with the spread.

Link

I'm sorry but you need to learn about the Spread and it's purpose. What Smith did in the spread in college was predetermine where the mismatch was and throw it that way. The spread in the NFL is the same. It "spread" the defense thinner so that it creates a mismatch. It certainly doesn't create more space because there's still 11 guys on defense. You look for the mismatch presnap.

all plays are designed that way there smart guy. Every play in every type of offense is designed to create a mismatch. It doesn't mean that the QB has already decided who he will throw to. It is called a progression for a reason.
Share 49ersWebzone