There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary's post-game press conference

Originally posted by TheChozen:
Seeing the offense sputter week in and week out makes me wonder what in the hell did they do in the offseason? Seriously, what?

Different starting QB, new rookie WR, O line in shambles.....the starters in week 1 are very much different then the guys starting now.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by miked1978:
next year we will be even younger with 3 new OL rookies.

You nailed the biggest problem of all. Even if we get some GREAT O-line talent in the draft, they will still make rookie mistakes and need time to learn and jell. We'll have to bring in high-dollar veteran linemen if want to succeed next year.

at least one position on the line needs to be addressed in free agency, we have too many needs to get them all in the draft

You saw how well that thought process worked the last Offseason.

Are you sure you want Scott's minimalistic approach used again in the upcoming Offseason?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

You nailed the biggest problem of all. Even if we get some GREAT O-line talent in the draft, they will still make rookie mistakes and need time to learn and jell. We'll have to bring in high-dollar veteran linemen if want to succeed next year.

at least one position on the line needs to be addressed in free agency, we have too many needs to get them all in the draft

You saw how well that thought process worked the last Offseason.

Are you sure you want Scott's minimalistic approach used again in the upcoming Offseason?

~Ceadder

you trust him to draft for need instead of bpa? look what we got when that happened
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I agree with you, Patrick...Singletary needs to look in the mirror and realize HE is as much at fault for what's happening on the field as anyone. His inexperience in the "X's and O's" department is showing more each week. He gets outcoached just about every game. Jimmy Raye isn't the OC this team needs...we need someone who has a clue what 21st century offenses need to look like. In this game the defense didn't play well, either. When your top four tacklers are in the secondary, that's not a good sign. When you have the ball for 18 mins and your opponent controls it for 42 mins, there's a problem, Houston. It starts at the top, folks...Singletary's merely reinforcing that he's in over his head. Our team needs an experienced head coach...who understands what it takes to succeed in today's NFL and can make it happen and that's not Mike Singletary.

The fact that in the two games we had extra time to prepare for and were outcoached, outschemed and outplayed badly, is a really bad sign and just shows Singletary is not a good HC. I remember reading how Mike Smith and the whole Falcons staff spent the entire bye week scheming and preparing for the 49ers while I read that during our bye week everyone went home and Singletary watched a half of football that Sunday and it wasn't even against our opponenent Houston, he watched the Ravens-Vikings 1st half and then he said he went to go do some things with his family.

I really question if Singletary does whatever it takes to help this team win, obviously he is not spending the extra time in the film room and he doesen't have a good enough staff around him IMO and that is his fault for firing Martz, hiring Raye and than hiring his best friend and nephew.
Originally posted by nothing03:
I am wondering when will sing held himself and the coaches accountable instead of making excuses and blaming his players.

Yeah I thought Singletary was a better man that, he keeps using excuses and lying saying we are a young team. I just think he is stubborn and doesen't want to admit he is not doing a good job IN FRONT OF THE REPORTERS.
  • soao
  • Veteran
Being stubborn isn't exactly always a bad thing. Being stupid is impossible to overcome.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by lamontb:
young team is better than saying lacking talent

I agree we still have room to add more talent but we do have talent on this team and there is no excuse for coming out and playing like we did in the 1st half. IMO, right now if we played Oakland, the Raiders would beat us.

They have talent but it's just average. time for people to stop killing coaching and really look at this roster.

QB below average
O line way way below average
Wr's average at best
TE above average
RB above average
D line average played like crap today
Linebackers average
Pass rush way way below average
secondary below average

Plus the cutting of Rossum has crushed the niners special teams. Punt/kick return's haven't existed since he's been cut. Horrible move especially with a team that really really needs to have field position. Add in rookie coaching and you have what we see on the field. Yes coaching is a problem but talent is the main problem on this team. And once again it all starts at the top. Bad inexperienced owners make bay hires. Bad hires make more bad hires and bad roster moves.

that below average qb has to keep bringing the team back from 20 point deficits
Can't wait to watch the PC today but im sure we will hear the same old B.S I just hope at least one of the reporters calls him out and questions why we do nothing with the extra days off.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by soao:
Being stubborn isn't exactly always a bad thing. Being stupid is impossible to overcome.

that was a good one... Sadly
i want answers!
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
i want answers!

me too! when is the press conference?
  • Mex49
i want answers!

I said that once and the Zone quickly told me I wasnt entitled to answers.

I am on my knees praying that Lowell Cohn jumps up from his chair and just starts bashing Singletary with heavy hitting questions and figure pointing blame to top it off. I want fireworks this morning because we certainly didn't get any yesterday
i want answers!

Guys are working hard, were getting better and we are going to get better. Going forward, just watch

They wont draft OL. They will draft a LB, kicker, and a DE.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
i want answers!

Guys are working hard, were getting better and we are going to get better. Going forward, just watch

Then somebody needs to ask" When will the coaches get out of the way?"