There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary's post-game press conference

Originally posted by 9erfreak:
I'm tired of excuses I'm still waiting for him to "show me not tell me"

Total team disaster in the first half of todays game no one came prepared to play the first 30 minutes and by then being down by 20 points, with a 3-1 ToP difference in the fist half proved to more than the team could over come.

Lack of direction as a team as Singlatary keeps trying to shove a square pog into a round hole (meaning spread offense has been far more productive than 3 yards and a cloud of dust philosophy that we continue to force upon our players.

Singlatary lacks the ablity (or maybe he is just to stuborn, after all he is a Nowin graduate) to make a switch to play calling that puts our players in a better position to execute.

We have been down this road before I just hope it wont take 2-3 years for Jed to realize a change is needed.
what do you want him to say? I am a bad coach and suck at clock management and adjusting to the game before the half.
Originally posted by miked1978:
next year we will be even younger with 3 new OL rookies.

I think we will sign two vetran O-lineman in free agency and draft a guy or two, maybe even 3 but only 1 will start. The key is getting a good O-Line coach....

BTW, Is it me or does it seem like everytime Wragge comes in for Baas, our O-Line plays better and move the ball better?
In the immortal words of coach Sing himself, "I WANT WINNERS! And that applies to you coach!

Man up, admit that the coaching staff isn't putting the players in a position to succeed. It's so increadibly obvious we can be a pretty high powered offense in the spread. Crabtree is a sure fire playmaker and Davis is playing out of his mind and do I even have to mention Gore.

WE HAVE WEAPONS!

I want to hear Sing admit this or I want him out.
Sing is starting to sound like a disappointment.
I'm so sick of hearing Sing's BS excuses. He's starting to sound like Nolan. And for the love of god, stop saying the O-line played well. The O-LINE is HORRIBLE, don't insult our intelligence by saying they did well. And save that "young team" garbage also. And WTF is with him and Raye? Can we please start a game with the offense using shotgun/spread/hurry up. The offense might actually put some points on the board before half-time.

If he was honest, Sing would just come out and say we got beat. Our O-line was way over-matched, AGAIN. The defense was over-matched, especially the DBs. Also, our front 7 were owned in the running game. GB just flat out beat us up and they were obviously better prepared, which is a little concerning considering we had a couple extra days to get ready.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by backontop:
what do you want him to say? I am a bad coach and suck at clock management and adjusting to the game before the half.

He might as well , is anyone buying his BS at this point, week in week out they try to make this team into what he really wants them to be when it's pretty clear they are not
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by backontop:

He might as well , is anyone buying his BS at this point, week in week out they try to make this team into what he really wants them to be when it's pretty clear they are not

I say everyone emails the 49ers FO about how we are tired of being fed a bunch of BS and want Singletary to show us a winning team.
If Singletary is serious about winning he fires Raye at the end of the season and goes after the best OC's and gives them full, COMPLETE control and no B.S that they have to run the ball 60% of the time and can only talk to the media when he allows them to
Same old same old Singletary. We just have to get better, I have to see the film, we are a young team, yelling at the reporters like it was them that lost the game. This guy has lost it all, if Baby York was smart he would fire SM and Sing at the end of the season and get a real coach.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

I think we will sign two vetran O-lineman in free agency and draft a guy or two, maybe even 3 but only 1 will start. The key is getting a good O-Line coach....

BTW, Is it me or does it seem like everytime Wragge comes in for Baas, our O-Line plays better and move the ball better
?

I agree on both accounts. I say pass on a 1st round lineman. I rather they sign 2 average to above average lineman that I know what they will produce than take a chance on an unknown, especially the way Smiley, Baas, Rachal turned out. Save the 1st round picks for play-makers on the defensive side of the ball.
Originally posted by ptw1:

BTW, Is it me or does it seem like everytime Wragge comes in for Baas, our O-Line plays better and move the ball better
?

I agree on both accounts. I say pass on a 1st round lineman. I rather they sign 2 average to above average lineman that I know what they will produce than take a chance on an unknown, especially the way Smiley, Baas, Rachal turned out. Save the 1st round picks for play-makers on the defensive side of the ball.

Smiley is actually a pretty good player.
I say sign the best Free Agent O-Lineman, draft one in the first round and maybe the 3rd or 4th round too.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

?

I say sign the best Free Agent O-Lineman, draft one in the first round and maybe the 3rd or 4th round too.

Thats the point. He looks better in Mia then he did in SF. I don't trust the 9ers can develop an OL.

?

Smiley is/was good. We gave him up and now he mauls dudes for Ronnie Brown.

?

Thats the point. He looks better in Mia then he did in SF. I don't trust the 9ers can develop an OL.

Smiley looked good in SF. he looked bad that one year under hostler and then he was out. he was a good player with the niners they just let him get away.
[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 22, 2009 at 7:12 PM ]