There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary's post-game press conference

He had his hat over head eyes and head down the whole time but the worse thing is he keeps saying "we are a young team" as an excuse when we are not even a young team. I hope they roast him tomorrow, Lowell Cohen fire away!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
He had his hat over head eyes and head down the whole time but the worse thing is he keeps saying "we are a young team" as an excuse when we are not even a young team. I hope they roast him tomorrow, Lowell Cohen fire away!

phrase for "inexperienced"

he may be referring to himself as well
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
He had his hat over head eyes and head down the whole time but the worse thing is he keeps saying "we are a young team" as an excuse when we are not even a young team. I hope they roast him tomorrow, Lowell Cohen fire away!

phrase for "inexperienced"

he may be referring to himself as well


We are not a young team, far from it.
the young team excuse is getting old
young team is better than saying lacking talent
We are held back on offense and the defense doesn't look nearly as good as their stats.
Originally posted by lamontb:
young team is better than saying lacking talent


I agree we still have room to add more talent but we do have talent on this team and there is no excuse for coming out and playing like we did in the 1st half. IMO, right now if we played Oakland, the Raiders would beat us.
next year we will be even younger with 3 new OL rookies.
What about no more rookies at this point of the season

I don't recall bonehead rookie mistakes. Even the Terrell Brown play I can live with because it was either that or let him go for a long game.

At some point, coaches have to coach

And Leaders have to lead
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by lamontb:
young team is better than saying lacking talent


I agree we still have room to add more talent but we do have talent on this team and there is no excuse for coming out and playing like we did in the 1st half. IMO, right now if we played Oakland, the Raiders would beat us.

They have talent but it's just average. time for people to stop killing coaching and really look at this roster.

QB below average
O line way way below average
Wr's average at best
TE above average
RB above average
D line average played like crap today
Linebackers average
Pass rush way way below average
secondary below average

Plus the cutting of Rossum has crushed the niners special teams. Punt/kick return's haven't existed since he's been cut. Horrible move especially with a team that really really needs to have field position. Add in rookie coaching and you have what we see on the field. Yes coaching is a problem but talent is the main problem on this team. And once again it all starts at the top. Bad inexperienced owners make bay hires. Bad hires make more bad hires and bad roster moves.
[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 22, 2009 at 5:00 PM ]
He is sounding more and more like Nolan after each loss. A whole bunch of nonsensical BS trying to justify how the team was outcoached and outplayed. I have pretty much given up on this pathetic ownership to ever get a competent coach in here that has a clue.
Originally posted by miked1978:
next year we will be even younger with 3 new OL rookies.

If we even bring in any O-linemen. It's the elephant in the room that's been ignored for years. No excuse for that!

I'm depressed
I'm tired of excuses I'm still waiting for him to "show me not tell me"

Total team disaster in the first half of todays game no one came prepared to play the first 30 minutes and by then being down by 20 points, with a 3-1 ToP difference in the fist half proved to more than the team could over come.

Lack of direction as a team as Singlatary keeps trying to shove a square pog into a round hole (meaning spread offense has been far more productive than 3 yards and a cloud of dust philosophy that we continue to force upon our players.

Singlatary lacks the ablity (or maybe he is just to stuborn, after all he is a Nowin graduate) to make a switch to play calling that puts our players in a better position to execute.

We have been down this road before I just hope it wont take 2-3 years for Jed to realize a change is needed.
Originally posted by miked1978:
next year we will be even younger with 3 new OL rookies.

hell, they will be better than baas and synder
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
He is sounding more and more like Nolan after each loss. A whole bunch of nonsensical BS trying to justify how the team was outcoached and outplayed. I have pretty much given up on this pathetic ownership to ever get a competent coach in here that has a clue.


He is sounding like Nolan and even used "from a team standpoint" today and his last PC as well. Not good