LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 386 users in the forums

Im sick of the Rodgers is > Smith posts....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by znk916:

so you're saying Smith should play RT.
Originally posted by leolion:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
FOR THE LAST TIME, they are not Clones of each other.... we don't know what Rodgers would have did if he was here....Rattay was able to score points with the same weapons Alex had, so I will not accept that we had the WORSE personal in NFL History like some try to scream.

Rodgers was more "NFL Ready".
Rodgers had a better Arm.
Rodgers was in a tougher conference.

Rodgers was the better QB coming into the draft....all Alex had over him (by Alex homers and 9er FOs perspective) was these "words".... Potential, Upside.....HA! Dumbest S*** I have ever heard....

I will forever hate the word "UPSIDE" again can someone PLEASE tell me WTF does that mean??? and has Alex shown a glimpse of this "Upside"

Don't forget, Smith could jump on one foot better than Rogers.

was that what Nolan asked Alex and Rodgers to do.... I always forget....just thinking about that
Originally posted by Reckless:
Who knows?

I respect your opinion.

When we had given up the most sacks last year everyone on NT defended saying it was the Line. "How could any QB deal with this". Yet, Rodgers threw up and down the field on us today. Seriously. The guy has what like 3-4 300 yard games? What else has to be said?

ur right.. im just trying to find some middle ground here....
Rogders > Smith. Sorry dude, it's the truth. We all saw that today.
Originally posted by znk916:

For a second, I forgot all about some of Smith's short-comings. Kid's tough... I'll give him that.
Rodgers obviously benefitted from a couple of years learning how Favre succeeded. He wasn't thrown into the fire...had a much better supporting cast. Has a head coach who understands offense. Alex has had none of that. I still think he can succeed, but only if Singletary changes his attitude about offense. Put Alex under a coach like Shanahan, you'd see a lot more positives, I'm certain of that.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Rogders > Smith. Sorry dude, it's the truth. I saw that today.

Fixed.

Smith was better than Rodgers in the 2nd half, when the HC and OC allowed him to make plays. Rodgers, on the other hand, had 4 or 5 WRs both halves. Hence, he was able to put up big numbers. Do you think if Raye was Rodger's OC, that he'd be having this good of a career? Be honest.
Originally posted by B650:

Fixed.

Smith was better than Rodgers in the 2nd half, when the HC and OC allowed him to make plays. Rodgers, on the other hand, had 4 or 5 WRs both halves. Hence, he was able to put up big numbers. Do you think if Raye was Rodger's OC, that he'd be having this good of a career? Be honest.

I'm not even jumping on Alex for the first half because I think the playcalling sucked...but you're f**king crazy. Aaron Rodgers is arguably the 3rd or 4th best QB in the NFL and you're comparing him to Smith? Get a clue.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Nov 23, 2009 at 2:47 AM ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Fixed.

I'm not even jumping on Alex for the first half because I think the playcalling sucked...but you're f**king crazy. Aaron Rodgers is arguably the 3rd or 4th best QB in the NFL and you're comparing him to Smith? Get a clue.

I'm only comparing the 2 QBs because bigmike55 did. My view is that Rodgers is the better QB, but he's also in a better situation.

Everyone knows that Rodgers is a better QB than Smith right now. I'm not blind. I'm just saying that it isn't based on YESTERDAY's game, which is what bigmike55 said. Also, there's no telling what would've happened if Green Bay drafted Smith.

What the hell? Did you forget to take your Valium or something? Crack overdose?
[ Edited by B650 on Nov 23, 2009 at 3:03 AM ]

Originally posted by Leathaface:

Fixed.

I'm only comparing the 2 QBs because bigmike55 did. My view is that Rodgers is the better QB, but he's also in a better situation.

Everyone knows that Rodgers is a better QB than Smith right now. I'm not blind. I'm just saying that it isn't based on YESTERDAY's game, which is what bigmike55 said. Also, there's no telling what would've happened if Green Bay drafted Smith.

What the hell? Did you forget to take your Valium or something? Crack overdose?

You edited your post to add that? Do you feel threatened by my words?

And for the record, you weren't comparing them based on last game. You were comparing them based on this season as your referred to Raye being Rodgers' OC.

Like I said, get a clue. You're about as blind of a homer as there is on this issue.
Rogders > Smith. Sorry dude, it's the truth. We all saw that today.

Of course Rodgers got pass protection and Smith didn't. Our oline still looked like it should be playing high school teams and their oline looked like All-Pros.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
You're sick of them because there is NO comparison.

Aaron Rodgers = Superbowl MVP QB

Alex Smith = in the top 5 list of biggest #1 picked QB busts in NFL history

[ Edited by Shaj on Feb 6, 2011 at 21:39:36 ]
I think people should be warned for bumping threads.

[ Edited by Method on Feb 6, 2011 at 21:39:48 ]
Im sick of the Rodgers is > Smith posts.... So I'll make another one.
Share 49ersWebzone