There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What can we hope to see next week, based on this week?

Aside from avoiding another loss, and all the other obvious responses..

Among the things that we saw, there were several specific things that were made apparent, and things I wouldn't be shocked to see happening next week. Here are three:

1. Morgan on kick-off returns. Wasn't he working on returns in practice before anyways? Robinson's main role was blocking on returns from the get-go, so with Morgan being seemingly the only one with any sort of vision today, I wouldn't be shocked to see him get the nod. But I'm neutral on the thought -- do we risk injury to another starter? ...

2. A move to incorporate the spread more, but not entirely. When we say balance, we shouldn't mean running ultra-conservative bull crap for one half, and then open it up when it's clear we've sucked for an entire 30 minutes of football. Add some creative design to these plays for fricks sake. The I-Form and Power-I are poor sets for this team. At the very least, go to a two RB Pro-Set giving both backs better ability to contain either the inside or outside rush.

3. Razzle dazzle? Misdirection? Play action? Fake screen and hand off? FB dive just about defines our offensive identity -- so simple, it does nothing for you 90% of the time.
If Fitzpatrick can put up 297 yards against Jax, I'm sure we could do some damage.
A delicious loss..
Originally posted by showtime49:
If Fitzpatrick can put up 297 yards against Jax, I'm sure we could do some damage.

Not out of the power I we can't.

You would hope they throw the ball against the #26 pass defense in the NFL. But you just don't know with this cooaching staff. you think you know.But you just don't know.
If we win, it will be ugly. If we lose, we'll be having the same conversation as today...
Either we take a 3 point lead and Singletary goes to run run run punt. Or we fall behind by double digits in the second half and he would have to open it up. Expecting anything different from this team would be downright foolish.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
If we win, it will be ugly. If we lose, we'll be having the same conversation as today...

this! As much I would love a blowout, we have started out flat in almost every game, get in a hole, and somehow have managed to pull out some victories. STL being the exception...

We need to come out swinging and be a smash mouth team for a change. If we lose, I would love to see Nate Davis the following week.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by showtime49:

Not out of the power I we can't.

You would hope they throw the ball against the #26 pass defense in the NFL. But you just don't know with this cooaching staff. you think you know.But you just don't know.

Yeah, damn, I forgot about that.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
An excuse to watch reality TV? A reason for a nap? Better still a reason to get drunk?

Lets be honest. NOTHING will change. Why kid ourselves.
Originally posted by SJniner7:

this! As much I would love a blowout, we have started out flat in almost every game, get in a hole, and somehow have managed to pull out some victories. STL being the exception...

We need to come out swinging and be a smash mouth team for a change. If we lose, I would love to see Nate Davis the following week.

The STL game was not an exception. Didn't we only have a 7-0 lead at the half, and that was on a special teams TD?
Originally posted by MaliCali:
A delicious loss..

a head scratcher to what the coaches are doing. thus leading to another loss
Every game we suck it up until we go to the spread. It happens week after week. I expect us to go back to our base offense and be losing by at least 10 point before the 2 minute warning in the 2nd quarter. Smith will then go to the spread and lead us to either a field goal or touchdown. We will all get excited until the come back for the third quarter and go back to our basic offense. Then we will suck it up again before going back to the spread which of course will be too late.
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Originally posted by SJniner7:

The STL game was not an exception. Didn't we only have a 7-0 lead at the half, and that was on a special teams TD?

good catch, I couldn't remember... Maybe we should just not watch the first quarter any more...
  • WeNeedaNewQB
  • Info N/A
that we use the spread offense 2 see if that is really what alex needs to lead this team to more victories. if not bench him and put davis in n lets see what he can do. we need to see what we have so we can adress our qb situation in time for the draft and free agency.
Raye's idea of razzle dazzle is a direct snap to Gore.