There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Game Quotes - SF. vs GB

Originally posted by Afrikan:
"I think we came out, for whatever reason, apprehensive, cautious and kind of waiting for somebody to make a play," Smith said.

I mean when ever I hear Alex talk like this....it really just makes me go .

What he really wanted to say was
"The game plan at the start of the game was terrible! Our plan was to keep running straight down the middle and hope that somehow, Gore breaks a long TD so Raye doesn't have to wake up and run a real offense"
Smith went on to say
"After the halftime break, we kept trying to distract Raye so we could call our own plays. It was working and we started moving the ball fine. Unfortunately he got back in time for our first 4th down play, and of course we didn't make it. He went on to take a nap, because the time change affected him. So we started scoring. But then after the GB punt that was downed on the 2 yard line, the fans woke Raye up. So of course that drive ended badly. After that we made sure the windows where closed and closed the door and put on some music by Hank Williams."

Smith continued
"That helped drown out the fan noise and as you saw, Raye stayed asleep and the offense scored. If only we could of stopped the Packers one more time, we could have won that game"
Originally posted by B650:
"I think we came out, for whatever reason, apprehensive, cautious and kind of waiting for somebody to make a play," Smith said.

A team's personality is usually a mirror image of its coach. Let's see if this is true.

Is Singletary apprehensive? Check.

Is Singletary cautious? Check.

Did Singletary Hire a puppet named Jimmy Raye, who's also apprehensive and cautious? Check.

I wonder why the team came out that way. The bottom line is that the 49ers are a much better team than their record, and it all comes down to the coaches. It's sad. A few moves here or a few calls there, and we could be looking at a 7-3 team. If we play-action against Minnesota instead of running 3 straight runs up the gut, that could've been a win. If we didn't release Rossum, Battle doesn't fumble that ball against Houston and that could've been a win. If Singletary and Raye let Smith be aggressive against Indianapolis after he burned them for a TD at the end of the half, that could've been a win. If we come out against Green Bay in the 1st half like we did in the 2nd half, that could've been a win.

The reason for all these "what ifs?" is...you guessed it...coaching. The coaches are far too passive. What happened to hitting people in the mouth? It seems like our only goal is to hang around in games. Is that what you saw out of the Packers? They were up 20-3 and weren't satisfied. This is what we lack, and it's clear to me that the coaches are the problem. I hate to say it, but I think Singletary and Raye, if they don't improve, should be sent packing at the end of the season.

agree 100%
you are probably right solidg2000, he was probably talking about waiting for Gore to make a big play.
Originally posted by B650:

A team's personality is usually a mirror image of its coach. Let's see if this is true.

Is Singletary apprehensive? Check.

Is Singletary cautious? Check.

Did Singletary Hire a puppet named Jimmy Raye, who's also apprehensive and cautious? Check.

I wonder why the team came out that way. The bottom line is that the 49ers are a much better team than their record, and it all comes down to the coaches. It's sad. A few moves here or a few calls there, and we could be looking at a 7-3 team. If we play-action against Minnesota instead of running 3 straight runs up the gut, that could've been a win. If we didn't release Rossum, Battle doesn't fumble that ball against Houston and that could've been a win. If Singletary and Raye let Smith be aggressive against Indianapolis after he burned them for a TD at the end of the half, that could've been a win. If we come out against Green Bay in the 1st half like we did in the 2nd half, that could've been a win.

The reason for all these "what ifs?" is...you guessed it...coaching. The coaches are far too passive. What happened to hitting people in the mouth? It seems like our only goal is to hang around in games. Is that what you saw out of the Packers? They were up 20-3 and weren't satisfied. This is what we lack, and it's clear to me that the coaches are the problem. I hate to say it, but I think Singletary and Raye, if they don't improve, should be sent packing at the end of the season.

Completely agree. For a team who is supposed to be physical we getted punched in the mouth quite a bit.

"Alex Smith needs more time."

10 years to develop
6 seconds to throw the ball
and Fitzgeral, Jerry Rice, and Irvin at receiver and that just so he can just pass for 300 yards. I don't even want to know what he needs in order to have a winning record.
Originally posted by Joecool:

10 years to develop
and Fitzgeral, Jerry Rice, and Irvin at receiver and that just so he can just pass for 300 yards. I don't even want to know what he needs in order to have a winning record.

slow, telegraphed release of the ball.

yeah i heard the same thing. When a qb says the entire offense is waiting for someone to make a play, obviously it's because they may not like the plays being called. In the second half, we knew we were gonna throw, so there lies the final comfort zone. Just too bad coaching didnt get it until the second half.

Hopefully we will game plan better straight out the gate against Jacksonville.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Joecool:

10 years to develop

slow, telegraphed release of the ball.

Lets start off in the same issue with HIll. Oline then we can talk about one person. WE arent separating our team as a great team yet. If it aint the O, it's the D, if it aint either it's SP teams. WE have too many all around problems besides the play of one person. Show me a D that can make the plays when we need too.

I loved when Spencer said, Yeah we had almost 3 minutes and i said hey, we just gon get a 3 and out, get the ball in the O's hands, and see if they can lead us to the win. That didnt happen, and they converted on the 3rd down, and then ran out the clock.

The funny thing is, you didnt hear one person talkin about how Alex couldnt make the throws, or get the ball in the hands of the playmakers. Thats why i say those that just continue to point out Alex faults every week instead of the teams faults, is just a hater too blind to be a true fan.

You shouldnt hate on a kid, cuz our personal player aint in. This aint even bout that, but Hill had his shot, and got supported even after horrific losses. But i like what Sing said tho, HIll took us as far as he could. Alex needed that, and if you watch the tape, he's playing just as good as any QB in the league right now. But nope, fans still have to hate on one player. Disgusting.

Yeah that bothered me as well. This is what happens when you have absolutely NO identity as an offense. Its just like Nolan's BS with defense last year/year before. We were a 3-4 then a 4-3, then a hybrid, then a big nickel hybrid big sub 3-4-4-3 46 BEAR defense. LOL. Now its offense. First half - Smash mouth. 2nd half - Spread offense. Now Sing wants balance...Smash Spread Shot gun in the mouth offense.

Sht never ends. Just review the film. See what's been working for the players and DO THAT. How fvcking hard is that?

Smith under center:

3/8 - 5 yards - 1 int

Smith in shot gun/spread form:

13/26 - 222 yards - 3 TDs

Derrr???????????