LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

WHY HATE ON ALEX??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Why the hate?

Not that I agree with it, but $50+ Million for a 1st rounder that hasn't yet panned out has a way of bringing the jealousy out in a fan.

Now multiply that a billion times 2 HoF QBs' who never made that much their entire careers with this team?

Yup I can see how that can inspire hatred.

~Ceadder

Tough crowd.

They ran a 3 time Pro Bow QB out of town because of his unorthodox jump passes. The treat him like persona non grata.
Originally posted by showtime49:
Taking bets on how long until Norwalks_Finest and weneedanewqb get in here.

Pay up. Oh waitaminnit I didn't place the bet I was thinking.

Nevermind carry on with what ya wuz doin.

~Ceadder
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by silguero49:
jimmy raye needs to start off by throwing some quick routes to get smiths confidence up at the beginning of the game he should come out attacking the defense instead of being conservative. but smith is still showing some promise we just need our o-line to play better

I agree, and the idea of run until its proven not to work, is a bad idea.... You can still be a power team if you decide to mix it up more.. Need to keep teams off balance, the formations are also way too predictable. I'd like to see the shotgun with 1 back and use that delay to Gore they hardly use, maybe a screen pass out of the shotgun, even a toss. All those plays can be power plays
I don’t know if Smith is the answer or not and have said that I would reserve judgement until end of season, however I feel the following needs to be looked at:

1. We need an offensive line it doesn’t matter who the QB is if we cannot
protect him or give him time to make his progressions
2. We lost the turnover battle again thus losing the game.
3. Crabtree and VD are quality players VD thanks to Smith had his
second 100+ reciving game and Crabtree caught a very nicely thrown
ball from Smith for his first TD. Can Hill throw a ball like that 38yards?
4. It seems like Morgan has disappeared at WR
5. As OC Jimmy Raye has to see our talent is at WR & TE with a QB who
is comfortable in shotgun spread formations he needs to use those
strengths instead of being stubborn. First half is a great example
6. Our coaches need to have better time management.
7. When a defense is on the field for 41 minutes you are going to lose and
this puts more pressure on your offense.
8. When the other team scores 30 points you’re probably going to lose.
9. When a QB completes 55-60% of his passes throws for 227 yards,
3 TD’s and 1 int most fans are pleased with their QB. Not us we want to
behead our QB put it on a stick and burn him in effigy and blame all of
the 49ers problems on him.

This team has serious issues at OL, defensive secondary, we need a DE/OLB who can get to the QB, CB depth when in nickel or dime, issues at safety, a 2nd WR to compliment Crabtree Morgan seems like he has disappeared.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Why the hate?

Not that I agree with it, but $50+ Million for a 1st rounder that hasn't yet panned out has a way of bringing the jealousy out in a fan.

Now multiply that a billion times 2 HoF QBs' who never made that much their entire careers with this team?

~Ceadder

Tough crowd.

They ran a 3 time Pro Bow QB out of town because of his unorthodox jump passes. The treat him like persona non grata.

Yup and then are practically BEGGING the powers that be to bring him back after the Raitard organization cut him.

~Ceadder
biggest problem the O-LINE plain and simple i dont think brady or manning (peyton) can win behind our o-line
[ Edited by silguero49 on Nov 22, 2009 at 4:45 PM ]
biggest problem the O-LINE plain and simple i dont think brady or manning (peyton) can win behind our o-line

Yeah, that's a pretty big problem. Snyder's getting embarrassed out there. It really looked like he down-blocked a defensive lineman into Norris on that FB dive.
[ Edited by showtime49 on Nov 22, 2009 at 4:47 PM ]

I think that Peyton COULD win but he wouldn't make it through a 16 game season behind our Line. Instead of being carted off the field they'd roll a hearse out there on the field pick him up and drop him in the box and wheel him out.

~Ceadder
lol i agree
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Can we all just agree that it would be awesome just to watch ONE FULL game where they take the handcuffs off Alex and spread it out all day with Crabs, VD and others? I mean seriously. Can you tell me the second half against Houston and today against Green Bay wasn't fun to watch?

Whether you hate Alex or not any real 49er fan has to love when Alex is throwing the ball deep down the seam to VD. Or even better hitting Crabs down the sideline. Havn't seen those kind of throws and catches in years. Let the KIDS PLAY. Stop trying not to lose games and let them try to win instead.

Why is it people forget that Alex Smith is playing after being out 2 seasons? He also has another OC's system to learn... 5 OC's in 5 seasons... Then you have the people comparing him to Aaron Rodgers...

Aaron Rodgers has been the starter for 26 consecutive games and learned from Brett Favre for 3 years before getting the starting nod. He's also had the same OC since Brett Favre's last season with the Packers. I would expect Aaron Rodgers to be more productive... They developed Rodgers for 3 years before naming him the starter.

I understand the comparison with them being from the same draft class but they clearly have not had the same circumstances since being drafted. Like alot of others out there, I am not convinced that Alex Smith can or will be a great QB, but how can so many out there be sure he's not?

Blaming Smith for what's going wrong with this team is pure ignorance. There is an obvious problem with the offensive line and the play calling. You've got to be blind if you don't see that. Yeah, a great QB would be able to carry his team on his back and get wins, I get that... but the team has looked better this season with Smith under center than with Hill. I also get the fact that the QB takes all the heat, but the amount of hatred that people have for Alex Smith is unbelievable. Alex Smith has not been given the opportunity to be great, can anyone name a QB that has been able to produce greatness with similar circumstances?

Also, benching Smith for Davis would be ridiculous... Davis needs time to develop.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
You don't have to hate Alex to see he's horrible dropping back from under center. Yes he's good in the shotgun, but a complete QB has to do both well.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They both suck
Why the hate?

~Ceadder

Wasn't his contract restructured a few years ago? I don't think he's making that money anymore...
Originally posted by susweel:
They both suck

so who should we put in? Nate Davis
Share 49ersWebzone