There are 211 users in the forums

I think our defense misses Nate Clements More than anyone thinks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He is good in run support and he can tackle and the defense has definitely went down since his injury

and he wasn't half bad in coverage either
Our defense played great thursday bro and that was without Nate. Your just saying cause of 1 game.

Nate will b a great Safety but not cover corner.
Tarell Brown got embarrassed today because of his tackling, I hope this is just a young player having a bad day.
Originally posted by LundyLove:
He is good in run support and he can tackle and the defense has definitely went down since his injury

and he wasn't half bad in coverage either

Yep and he is a leader!
Nate is a top corner in the league. Teams respect him and he can cover just about anybody. Hes both physical and quick. People would be dumb to not realize how huge of a loss he truly is. We werent the only team willing to pay him that money so that should tell you something right there.
Yeah he's great in run support. He would've helped stop Ryan Grant and help us get the ball back. if only we'd kept Rossum he wouldn't be injured in the first place
I bet if we had a good offense and defense we could have won today. Too bad we have neither.
They do miss him coming up and sealing those edges. None of our corners play the run nearly as well as Clements does. Spencer had a bad game today and I think our secondary misses Clements swagger/confidence back there.
Originally posted by ace8016:
Nate is a top corner in the league. Teams respect him and he can cover just about anybody. Hes both physical and quick. People would be dumb to not realize how huge of a loss he truly is. We werent the only team willing to pay him that money so that should tell you something right there.

true but people do forget his overall skills just because he is not a shut down guy. he is a pro bowl calibar CB and people on here like to blame him alot but it is obvious he is missed on D and that is the posters point.
wrong day for our two corners, shawntae and tarrell to have their worse days as pros

but atleast 1 of every 10 games, even the best of em, athletes have an off or a forgetable performance.
[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Nov 22, 2009 at 7:58 PM ]

I have to agree, Nate's one of our all-around best players and one of our leaders on defense.

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
They do miss him coming up and sealing those edges. None of our corners play the run nearly as well as Clements does. Spencer had a bad game today and I think our secondary misses Clements swagger/confidence back there.
Originally posted by tmg808:
Tarell Brown got embarrassed today because of his tackling, I hope this is just a young player having a bad day.

Spencer was the one getting torched today
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Our defense played great thursday bro and that was without Nate. Your just saying cause of 1 game.

Nate will b a great Safety but not cover corner.

we gave up 300 yards in the air.

Yeah we got 5 ints, but at least 3 of those where just cutlers fault.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I have to agree, Nate's one of our all-around best players and one of our leaders on defense.

Yup. It definitely hurts. He many not be in the top tier of cornerbacks in the league but he is our best db and is a good, quality, tough nosed defensive player who has a strong impact when playing.
Share 49ersWebzone