There are 938 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Defense Cost Us This Game: Check out these Stats

• da209
  • Veteran
everybody look at the bright side kurt warner left the fame with a heady injury lol..
Agreed.

There's no excuses for giving up that much yards in the first half of a game after 9 days of f**king rest. NONE.
In his last 9 NFL starts Alex Smith is 1-8 check out that stat
Originally posted by Joecool:
The 5 total yards passing in the half has nothing to do with it.

The defense isn't to blame. No pash rusher and QB is.

You failed to add that we passed 7 times and the oline gave up 3 sacks on those 7 pass plays and 7 pressures on 7 drops backs. Ugh.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
In his last 9 NFL starts Alex Smith is 1-8 check out that stat

And this team has a winning record otherwise, right?
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Joecool:
The 5 total yards passing in the half has nothing to do with it.

The defense isn't to blame. No pash rusher and QB is.

You failed to add that we passed 7 times and the oline gave up 3 sacks on those 7 pass plays and 7 pressures on 7 drops backs. Ugh.

you can't use logic and intelligence to communicate with the lack of logic and well you get the point

Ummmmm don't you think that if Sing and Raye had made an adjustment PRIOR to the Half instead of trying to stick to the IForm., that it would have been a better half of Football for all concerned?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. The whole team gave up on Sing in the 1st half. It's to his credit though that he got them back in the 2nd half. Too bad that whatever he said went to waste.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by backontop:
the defense has been a problem all year. They can't get turn overs, they can't stop the pass, they can't stop 3rd down conversions to get off the field and they can't stop a damn screen pass if their lives depended on it.

Same exact problems every year. Zero pass rush, worst OLB's of any 3-4 team, pathetic coverage esp, in the middle of the field with Willis and the 2 safeties, CB's play 20 yards off the LOS, defense, can't contain the edges with fast backs, predictable defense (vanilla), Mark Roman is still on the team, Michael Lewis is still one-dimensional and slower this year, etc. piss poor d-line in short yardage esp. at the goal line (anywhere inside 9 yards of the goal line), etc. So, yeah, defense stinks but most ppl focus on the offense b/c they are actually worse.

WHOA!!! Pump ya brakes kid. Most times I would give you the Roman opinion. But that guy played pretty well today. Got injured and well we didn't adjust accordingly. So that's a bit out of line imho.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by backontop:
the defense has been a problem all year. They can't get turn overs, they can't stop the pass, they can't stop 3rd down conversions to get off the field and they can't stop a damn screen pass if their lives depended on it.

Same exact problems every year. Zero pass rush, worst OLB's of any 3-4 team, pathetic coverage esp, in the middle of the field with Willis and the 2 safeties, CB's play 20 yards off the LOS, defense, can't contain the edges with fast backs, predictable defense (vanilla), Mark Roman is still on the team, Michael Lewis is still one-dimensional and slower this year, etc. piss poor d-line in short yardage esp. at the goal line (anywhere inside 9 yards of the goal line), etc. So, yeah, defense stinks but most ppl focus on the offense b/c they are actually worse.

WHOA!!! Pump ya brakes kid. Most times I would give you the Roman opinion. But that guy played pretty well today. Got injured and well we didn't adjust accordingly. So that's a bit out of line imho.

~Ceadder

LMAO!!! OK, perhaps I got a "little" too carried away. He played OK today. He hustled and ran so hard, dove and injured himself and still made it back into the ball game. I believe he knocked down a pass in the end zone too. But I guess my point is that he shouldn't HAVE to be on the field...and still is.

BTW: Who you calling "kid?"
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Ummmmm don't you think that if Sing and Raye had made an adjustment PRIOR to the Half instead of trying to stick to the IForm., that it would have been a better half of Football for all concerned?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. The whole team gave up on Sing in the 1st half. It's to his credit though that he got them back in the 2nd half. Too bad that whatever he said went to waste.

~Ceadder

I couldn't agree more, when crap is not working, why are we not mixing it up prior to getting in a huge hole? It's like, they are thinking "let's just make it out of this half, and then change plans". So so so so so so aggravating to watch the stubborn playcalling...
Yes of course, the defense.

Gee, isn't it funny how the defense played better in the second half?

Isn't it strange how the defense plays well when the offense moves the ball?

Our fans ask a LOT from our TIRED TIRED defense. Some seem to expect them to consistently shut down the top offenses in the league, week after week, as the offense goes 3n' out 3n' out 3n' out.

When they are not constantly on the field sucking air, they "magically" seem to play better. Odd, isn't it?
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 22, 2009 at 3:51 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Our fans ask a LOT from our TIRED TIRED defense. Some seem to expect them to consistently shut down the top offenses in the league, week after week, as the offense goes 3n' out 3n' out 3n' out.

When they are not constantly on the field sucking air, they "magically" seem to play better. Odd, isn't it?

I don't know why some don't see this. If the Niners played better O, the other team has less oppotunities, and less time, they are going to score less points. Both of the touchdowns came after 3 and outs, where our offense burned about 90 seconds of the playclock on each... I mean, even if we burned the last 2:27 off the clock in the first half, we could have saved 3 points by GB. Better O results in better D... eventuallly the offense is going to make mistakes that puts defenses in bad situations...

although our passrush is ridiculous
The D really did well against the Rams... wait...
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I don't know why some don't see this. If the Niners played better O, the other team has less oppotunities, and less time, they are going to score less points. Both of the touchdowns came after 3 and outs, where our offense burned about 90 seconds of the playclock on each... I mean, even if we burned the last 2:27 off the clock in the first half, we could have saved 3 points by GB. Better O results in better D... eventuallly the offense is going to make mistakes that puts defenses in bad situations...

although our passrush is ridiculous

Not only do 3n' outs create more chances for the opposing offense, but there is a big difference between an exhausted athlete and a rested athlete.

If an athlete is about to run a 100 meter dash, is it better for him/her to run several full speed practice sprints minutes before hand? Of course not, his/her athletic ability will be drastically reduced because they are tired.

Our defense plays well when they have a REASONABLE amount of rest. They don't need the offense to dominate the clock all game, they just need a couple of first downs. Is that asking so much?
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
The D really did well against the Rams... wait...

The Rams? I think you mean another game.

Our offense was poor against the Rams too.

Its just that the Rams offense, with their backup quarterback and backup O-line playing in that game, was so pathetic, that our defense had a field day.

Against a real offense, the defense could use some rest.