Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Method:
LMAO.

Check out this twitter post by Matt Maiocco:

" 49ers ran 34 of their 46 offensive plays from the shotgun formation, including 28 of 29 in the second half.

And the one play in which Alex Smith took a snap from center in the second half . . . was intercepted. "

WOW.

Anyone else not surprised? Dude is so much better from shotgun.

He's ok in drop back. That play was a mix of having your back against the wall and VD not running the play through.

no Smith sucks when dropping back from under center. The main reason is he has defenders in his face and has no time to set his feet to throw.

Wouldn't any QB suck in those circumstances?

thats the point I have been trying to make to these Smith haters.

Explain how Rodgers has produced all year with his o-line which is the worst in the NFL?
5 years in the exact same offense.
  • WeNeedaNewQB
  • Info N/A
not everything is alexa's fault. this is already his 5th year in the nfl and at some point hes gotta show improvement. people say well he had diff o-coordinator every year but what it comes down to is if you can make plays when they are their, like freak n hit n an open receiver most of the time not every other offensive series. it still comes down to football being football. you learn the plays, know where your receivers have to be and throw them the ball. you either have it or you dont. and alex doesnt
Originally posted by WeNeedaNewQB:
not everything is alexa's fault. this is already his 5th year in the nfl and at some point hes gotta show improvement. people say well he had diff o-coordinator every year but what it comes down to is if you can make plays when they are their, like freak n hit n an open receiver most of the time not every other offensive series. it still comes down to football being football. you learn the plays, know where your receivers have to be and throw them the ball. you either have it or you dont. and alex doesnt

Damnit learn this please.

Alex Smith HAS PLAYED LESS THAN THREE CUMULATIVE YEARS OF HEALTHY FOOTBALL IN THE NFL.

Look it up, please.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Nov 22, 2009 at 4:26 PM ]
  • WeNeedaNewQB
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Alex Smith HAS PLAYED LESS THAN THREE CUMULATIVE YEARS OF HEALTHY FOOTBALL IN THE NFL.

Look it up, please.

you dont need to tell me ive seen his sorry years of playing time and he has done nothing to convince me that he is nothing but a backup qb that can come in relief and play good at times. i dont need to look nothing up that is only gonna bring back bad memories just like his play this year.

Look it up, please.

you dont need to tell me ive seen his sorry years of playing time and he has done nothing to convince me that he is nothing but a backup qb that can come in relief and play good at times. i dont need to look nothing up that is only gonna bring back bad memories just like his play this year.

your sn should be weneedarealheadcoach
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
LMAO.

" 49ers ran 34 of their 46 offensive plays from the shotgun formation, including 28 of 29 in the second half.

And the one play in which Alex Smith took a snap from center in the second half . . . was intercepted. "

WOW.

He's ok in drop back. That play was a mix of having your back against the wall and VD not running the play through.

no Smith sucks when dropping back from under center. The main reason is he has defenders in his face and has no time to set his feet to throw.

Explain how Rodgers has produced all year with his o-line which is the worst in the NFL?

We were talking about the O-line problems that has nothing to do with what your stating. Protection is one thing but improvising is another which Rodgers knows how to do very well and Alexandra lacks.
LMAO.

WOW.

We were talking about the O-line problems that has nothing to do with what your stating. Protection is one thing but improvising is another which Rodgers knows how to do very well and Alexandra lacks.

Again, they have beat the Rams, Browns, Lions, 49ers, Bears, and Cowboys in 2009.

One of those teams have a winning record. Rodgers was 5-11 last year. You're not really proving anything.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
He plays bad and he plays good....at times.

It's still not good enough. He still sucks, he's never going to get better. Time to move on.

If Nate Davis isn't the answer then look into the draft.

Alex Smith has NEVER put together a full game of football.

This is the EXACT opinion I expect from someone who already threw the towel in years ago. The man could win a big game and your opinion would probably still be the same.

Nevermind that I've PROVEN that we've seen other QBs' through the ages go through similar issues only to have success.

Either he's going to get sick of this kind of result and fade away making you right.

Or he's going to get sick of this kind of result and own you and the rest of the haters for life.

I'm going to bet that it's the latter at this point. Because he's had PLENTY of chances to be that guy. The guy that steps under Center with the intentions to be off the field as quickly as possible. The guy that just throws it up there for anyone to catch it. The guy that hears footsteps and hits the deck just standing in the huddle.

But he's not THAT guy. He's hung in there and taken his lumps all the while TRYING to win games hand cuffed to the Locker Room Radiator by the OLine and Coaching staff.

~Ceadder

It is really a longshot and a whole lot of wishful thinking in my opinion. I hear ya and we'd all like to believe it but he still has NEVER put together 60 minutes of football.
LMAO.

WOW.

First of all, "Alexandra." Really?

Second of all, you keep citing your having played high school football as the basis for your arguments, but how could you not see that having offensive continuity helps every facet of the offense? Protection schemes work better. Quarterbacks know PRECISELY where their receivers are so they CAN improvise.

Typical logical fallacy that I've come to expect from you.
1 solution!.....

spread offense!!

if Alex Smith can not succeed....then i guess we can say its his fault but honestly...i wanna c him succeed on our team!....i had high hopes that he will b our future qb when we drafted 1st overall.....
Originally posted by quatic:
1 solution!.....

spread offense!!

if Alex Smith can not succeed....then i guess we can say its his fault but honestly...i wanna c him succeed on our team!....i had high hopes that he will b our future qb when we drafted 1st overall.....

if he fails at a spread offense then I say cut our losses.

Look it up, please.

His overall play so far has been pretty good this year.

It doesn't matter to haters if he does well and the team wins or not you will continue with the same old tired riff raff- Alex sucks,Alexcuses,

Alex is an upgrade over Hill and untill someone better comes along he will remain the starter so you haters can continue to whine and all you want ....