Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Method:
LMAO.

Check out this twitter post by Matt Maiocco:

" 49ers ran 34 of their 46 offensive plays from the shotgun formation, including 28 of 29 in the second half.

And the one play in which Alex Smith took a snap from center in the second half . . . was intercepted. "

WOW.

Anyone else not surprised? Dude is so much better from shotgun.

He's ok in drop back. That play was a mix of having your back against the wall and VD not running the play through.

no Smith sucks when dropping back from under center. The main reason is he has defenders in his face and has no time to set his feet to throw.

Wouldn't any QB suck in those circumstances?

thats the point I have been trying to make to these Smith haters.

Explain how Rodgers has produced all year with his o-line which is the worst in the NFL?

Their wins have come against the 49ers, Browns, Lions, Rams, Bears, & Cowboys.

That's how. Only one of those teams has a winning record.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Look when Joe threw interceptions it was his fault. When Steve threw interceptions it was his fault. How is it that when Alex throws interceptions it is not his fault?

Bad play calling is a reason for the pick but frankly if he is not comfortable with it he should audible. He didn't audible. He was okay with it and he threw an interception.
[ Edited by Envy on Nov 22, 2009 at 3:35 PM ]
LMAO.

" 49ers ran 34 of their 46 offensive plays from the shotgun formation, including 28 of 29 in the second half.

And the one play in which Alex Smith took a snap from center in the second half . . . was intercepted. "

WOW.

He's ok in drop back. That play was a mix of having your back against the wall and VD not running the play through.

no Smith sucks when dropping back from under center. The main reason is he has defenders in his face and has no time to set his feet to throw.

Explain how Rodgers has produced all year with his o-line which is the worst in the NFL?

Packers were 5-4 before this game and we were 4-5. Not much separation there in the stat that matters.

That is an awful argument. Team record isn't anywhere close to being exclusively tied to QB play.
LMAO.

WOW.

Packers were 5-4 before this game and we were 4-5. Not much separation there in the stat that matters.

The point is it can be done its Alexandra's fault. Big Ben won the super bowl last year when he was hit a bunch which they had the worst o-line as well. I'm tired of you guys always giving excuses to this guy. He is not the answer just open your eyes.

It's all on the QB skills to recognized the weaknesses and use those weaknesses into strengths which Smith lacks.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Im not gonna lie, i was blaming alex smith in that first half when he was 3/7 for 5 yards.. but when i looked at it again on my DVR, it was (for the most part) not his fault.. his receivers were being shut down and he had ABSOLUTELY no time to throw the ball.. the O-line was getting absolutely rocked by the GB defense..

The problem in the first half was the playcalling and the O-line clearly.. Jimmy raye was not letting alex spread the field(even if alex did it wouldnt have mattered due to the lack of blocking).

THE INT WAS NOT HIS FAULT... he was backed up in his endzone so he had to throw it and it looked to be a good pass.. vernon just wasnt looking.. another miscommunication. i am so sick of this team having miscommunications.....

The second half the play calling was perfect.. raye stretched the field and let smith throw it downfield... The line blocked and what happend?? we scored on nearly every drive.. Smith threw some beautiful balls and everyone knows it...

To me, this game shows one thing... if we block for alex and stretch the field more often to throw off defenses, I think alex would do just fine as sf's starting QB

Wooow, I cant believe it... SAME EXCUSES!!!!
Hey, if you have a DVR go back and c his interception, cause you might recorded the wrong game. The pass was on top of VD and he wasnt even looking yet.
and also go back and c if u can count his passing yards on the 1st half. its not gonna take that long, he had 5 as u mentioned.

PLEASE NO MORE EXCUSES, HE SUCKS!!!!! along with mummy raye

Funny how you seem to have missed the fact that it was a "HOT READ" do to the pressure being put on the QB.

I'm sure that was just an oversight though....
LMAO.

WOW.

The point is it can be done its Alexandra's fault. Big Ben won the super bowl last year when he was hit a bunch which they had the worst o-line as well. I'm tired of you guys always giving excuses to this guy. He is not the answer just open your eyes.

It's all on the QB skills to recognized the weaknesses and use those weaknesses into strengths which Smith lacks.

You are so, so far off base. It's not even worth arguing with you.

3 backups on the o-line today dude, not including Chilo. Wake up.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
LMAO.

WOW.

A win is a win regardless of the competition you got some lame excuses. How did big ben win the super bowl with a terrible O-line last year? It can be done he is just not a smart QB.
LMAO.

WOW.

A win is a win regardless of the competition you got some lame excuses. How did big ben win the super bowl with a terrible O-line last year? It can be done he is just not a smart QB.

Not a smart QB??? The kid just isn't being used to his fullest. The coaches are trying to force him to run an offense that doesn't fit his strengths
Smith is undefeated. He has never lost a game. It's always the coach or the line or the play calling. Or any of a hundred other reasons. Never him. He's a lock for the Hall of Fame.
LMAO.

WOW.

The Steelers had the BEST DEFENSE in the NFL in 2009. Just stop.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Smith is undefeated. He has never lost a game. It's always the coach or the line or the play calling. Or any of a hundred other reasons. Never him. He's a lock for the Hall of Fame.

sorry to burst your bubble but football is a team sport. The entire team loses! not just one player. the loss is on the team as a whole. But the offensive side of the ball was clearly on play calling.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:

Right because thats what everyone is saying.

Dude grow up and stop thinking in such absolutes. You'll lead a much more productive life that way.
LMAO.

WOW.

You are so, so far off base. It's not even worth arguing with you.

3 backups on the o-line today dude, not including Chilo. Wake up.

Guess you will have to see what I'm talking about until we get a good Qb we are not going to win and that is a fact. Smith lacks smarts in the football field and Rodgers looked like the most mobile QB out of the two. Rodgers has produced no matter of the O-line problems he has had and yet you still don't blame smith? Dude your just as naive as Al Davis.
  • WeNeedaNewQB
  • Info N/A
LMAO.

WOW.

totally agree.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Im not gonna lie, i was blaming alex smith in that first half when he was 3/7 for 5 yards.. but when i looked at it again on my DVR, it was (for the most part) not his fault.. his receivers were being shut down and he had ABSOLUTELY no time to throw the ball.. the O-line was getting absolutely rocked by the GB defense..

The problem in the first half was the playcalling and the O-line clearly.. Jimmy raye was not letting alex spread the field(even if alex did it wouldnt have mattered due to the lack of blocking).

THE INT WAS NOT HIS FAULT... he was backed up in his endzone so he had to throw it and it looked to be a good pass.. vernon just wasnt looking.. another miscommunication. i am so sick of this team having miscommunications.....

The second half the play calling was perfect.. raye stretched the field and let smith throw it downfield... The line blocked and what happend?? we scored on nearly every drive.. Smith threw some beautiful balls and everyone knows it...

To me, this game shows one thing... if we block for alex and stretch the field more often to throw off defenses, I think alex would do just fine as sf's starting QB

Wooow, I cant believe it... SAME EXCUSES!!!!
Hey, if you have a DVR go back and c his interception, cause you might recorded the wrong game. The pass was on top of VD and he wasnt even looking yet.
and also go back and c if u can count his passing yards on the 1st half. its not gonna take that long, he had 5 as u mentioned.

PLEASE NO MORE EXCUSES, HE SUCKS!!!!! along with mummy raye

He throws a int which I agree was his fault and you say no excuses,he sucks

He also threw 3 td's and almost brought the 49ers back but yet you will still he sucks right?

You are using his int as a "EXCUSE" to say he sucks

get a life