There are 154 users in the forums

not alex smiths fault... again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Method:
LMAO.

Check out this twitter post by Matt Maiocco:

" 49ers ran 34 of their 46 offensive plays from the shotgun formation, including 28 of 29 in the second half.

And the one play in which Alex Smith took a snap from center in the second half . . . was intercepted. "

WOW.

Anyone else not surprised? Dude is so much better from shotgun.

He's ok in drop back. That play was a mix of having your back against the wall and VD not running the play through.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
He plays bad and he plays good....at times.

It's still not good enough. He still sucks, he's never going to get better. Time to move on.

If Nate Davis isn't the answer then look into the draft.

Alex Smith has NEVER put together a full game of football.

High School?

College?

Pros?

When you use the adjective NEVER, make sure you have the facts to back it up

obviously the pros genius

Ok GENIUS, if you want to use a term, use it. How about the Seattle game, GENIUS.

Me, I don't go out on a limb with a pejorative statement that I can't back up with facts. Its called logic and argument.

What Seattle game? Don't be so vague.. See when I use games as examples, I back it up with facts

@ Arizona in 2006.
@ Seattle in 2006.
vs. Oakland in 2006.
vs. St. Louis in 2006.
@ Denver in 2006.

Go away.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Nov 22, 2009 at 3:20 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by susweel:
Alexcuses.

PonHillicators.

~Ceadder

THEY BOTH SUCK

you guys are sooooo blind

Yes they do
Originally posted by taney71:
LMAO.

" 49ers ran 34 of their 46 offensive plays from the shotgun formation, including 28 of 29 in the second half.

And the one play in which Alex Smith took a snap from center in the second half . . . was intercepted. "

WOW.

He's ok in drop back. That play was a mix of having your back against the wall and VD not running the play through.

no Smith sucks when dropping back from under center. The main reason is he has defenders in his face and has no time to set his feet to throw.
Has there ever been a game to anyone's recollection that Alex Smith HASN'T thrown an interception or fumbled the ball away?

Even if I were to agree that the interception wasn't his fault, the point is: ... He should have NEVER thrown that ball in that tight coverage ... and more important.. being only 10 yards away from the end zone. A SMART QB would have thrown the ball away.

There were several times he should have been picked off from forcing his throws. This time he got away with most of them.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

It's still not good enough. He still sucks, he's never going to get better. Time to move on.

High School?

College?

Pros?

Ok GENIUS, if you want to use a term, use it. How about the Seattle game, GENIUS.

Me, I don't go out on a limb with a pejorative statement that I can't back up with facts. Its called logic and argument.

What Seattle game? Don't be so vague.. See when I use games as examples, I back it up with facts

@ Arizona in 2006.
@ Seattle in 2006.
vs. Oakland in 2006.
vs. St. Louis in 2006.
@ Denver in 2006.

Go away.

Damn Nick, I guess I roll 2 deep

High School?

College?

Pros?

@ Arizona in 2006.
@ Seattle in 2006.
vs. Oakland in 2006.
vs. St. Louis in 2006.
@ Denver in 2006.

Go away.

LOL yes u got me. these were all complete all pro performances by Smith. I feel sooo stupid now.
Originally posted by backontop:
LMAO.

WOW.

no Smith sucks when dropping back from under center. The main reason is he has defenders in his face and has no time to set his feet to throw.

Wouldn't any QB suck in those circumstances?

High School?

College?

Pros?

@ Arizona in 2006.
@ Seattle in 2006.
vs. Oakland in 2006.
vs. St. Louis in 2006.
@ Denver in 2006.

Go away.

Damn Nick, I guess I roll 2 deep

I've seen Alex play well. If this guy was actually watching in 2006, he would readily agree.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Has there ever been a game to anyone's recollection that Alex Smith HASN'T thrown an interception or fumbled the ball away?

Even if I were to agree that the interception wasn't his fault, the point is: ... He should have NEVER thrown that ball in that tight coverage ... and more important.. being only 10 yards away from the end zone. A SMART QB would have thrown the ball away.

There were several times he should have been picked off from forcing his throws. This time he got away with most of them.

i get what he was trying to do, hit vernon on that bread and butter pass...but he still gets the blame

LMAO.

WOW.

thats the point I have been trying to make to these Smith haters.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Im not gonna lie, i was blaming alex smith in that first half when he was 3/7 for 5 yards.. but when i looked at it again on my DVR, it was (for the most part) not his fault.. his receivers were being shut down and he had ABSOLUTELY no time to throw the ball.. the O-line was getting absolutely rocked by the GB defense..

The problem in the first half was the playcalling and the O-line clearly.. Jimmy raye was not letting alex spread the field(even if alex did it wouldnt have mattered due to the lack of blocking).

THE INT WAS NOT HIS FAULT... he was backed up in his endzone so he had to throw it and it looked to be a good pass.. vernon just wasnt looking.. another miscommunication. i am so sick of this team having miscommunications.....

The second half the play calling was perfect.. raye stretched the field and let smith throw it downfield... The line blocked and what happend?? we scored on nearly every drive.. Smith threw some beautiful balls and everyone knows it...

To me, this game shows one thing... if we block for alex and stretch the field more often to throw off defenses, I think alex would do just fine as sf's starting QB

Wooow, I cant believe it... SAME EXCUSES!!!!
Hey, if you have a DVR go back and c his interception, cause you might recorded the wrong game. The pass was on top of VD and he wasnt even looking yet.
and also go back and c if u can count his passing yards on the 1st half. its not gonna take that long, he had 5 as u mentioned.

PLEASE NO MORE EXCUSES, HE SUCKS!!!!! along with mummy raye
LMAO.

WOW.

Explain how Rodgers has produced all year with his o-line which is the worst in the NFL?
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
LMAO.

WOW.

Explain how Rodgers has produced all year with his o-line which is the worst in the NFL?

Packers were 5-4 before this game and we were 4-5. Not much separation there in the stat that matters.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
LMAO.

WOW.

Rogers isn't consistantly under pressure. Smith on the other hand is. First half he passed 7 times and was pressured all 7 times and sacked what 3 times?
Share 49ersWebzone