There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

not alex smiths fault... again

Im not gonna lie, i was blaming alex smith in that first half when he was 3/7 for 5 yards.. but when i looked at it again on my DVR, it was (for the most part) not his fault.. his receivers were being shut down and he had ABSOLUTELY no time to throw the ball.. the O-line was getting absolutely rocked by the GB defense..

The problem in the first half was the playcalling and the O-line clearly.. Jimmy raye was not letting alex spread the field(even if alex did it wouldnt have mattered due to the lack of blocking).

THE INT WAS NOT HIS FAULT... he was backed up in his endzone so he had to throw it and it looked to be a good pass.. vernon just wasnt looking.. another miscommunication. i am so sick of this team having miscommunications.....

The second half the play calling was perfect.. raye stretched the field and let smith throw it downfield... The line blocked and what happend?? we scored on nearly every drive.. Smith threw some beautiful balls and everyone knows it...

To me, this game shows one thing... if we block for alex and stretch the field more often to throw off defenses, I think alex would do just fine as sf's starting QB
Coaching lost this game.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Coaching lost this game.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Coaching lost this game.
How many INTs are we not going to blame on Smith? This is ridiculous, go rewatch the highlights. If vernon ran straight, he would have collided with Walker. It looked like a skinny post to me, and Smith threw a bad pass, plain and simple. He would have been better off trying to hit Walker on the deep out, which had a step on the DB.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Coaching lost this game.

Singletary lost us this game.
Never is.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
How many INTs are we not going to blame on Smith? This is ridiculous, go rewatch the highlights. If vernon ran straight, he would have collided with Walker. It looked like a skinny post to me, and Smith threw a bad pass, plain and simple. He would have been better off trying to hit Walker on the deep out, which had a step on the DB.

VD pulled a Brandon Lloyd. If the receiver ducks that pass how is that on the WR?
That pick was 100% alex's fault! Other than that he played great when given decent time to throw! WE NEED to go deep more often!
  • Steve
  • Info N/A
If the offensive line did all the things you said, Hill would win too. If we went to the West Coast Offense, Hill would do well. I don't care who does well, need someone to. Quit with the Alex not responsible for the interceptions. You don't know who was wrong, QB or receiver. Could be either one. Alex makes bad decisions sometimes just like everyone else. I am not a big Smith fan, but he needs two or three games where they start with the spread offense and stay with it. Then we will know. Defenses play different in the second half when they have a big lead. While the interception(no matter who was wrong) hurt us, Alex made some beautiful deep passes. Oline must have done something right during those throws. Some great plays on both side of the ball for the Niners, up to the coaching staff to pull it all together. Spread the offense and let see if Alex is our guy for the future. If he fails, let him go somewhere else next season. If he is successful, stay with what works and forget trying to ram it down the defenses throat. Either way, we need some hope for the future of this team.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Coaching lost this game.
~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Coaching lost this game.
~Ceadder
Originally posted by maximill15:
That pick was 100% alex's fault! Other than that he played great when given decent time to throw! WE NEED to go deep more often!

The announcers did not agree.
Originally posted by Steve:
If the offensive line did all the things you said, Hill would win too. If we went to the West Coast Offense, Hill would do well. I don't care who does well, need someone to. Quit with the Alex not responsible for the interceptions. You don't know who was wrong, QB or receiver. Could be either one. Alex makes bad decisions sometimes just like everyone else. I am not a big Smith fan, but he needs two or three games where they start with the spread offense and stay with it. Then we will know. Defenses play different in the second half when they have a big lead. While the interception(no matter who was wrong) hurt us, Alex made some beautiful deep passes. Oline must have done something right during those throws. Some great plays on both side of the ball for the Niners, up to the coaching staff to pull it all together. Spread the offense and let see if Alex is our guy for the future. If he fails, let him go somewhere else next season. If he is successful, stay with what works and forget trying to ram it down the defenses throat. Either way, we need some hope for the future of this team.



Ummmm the LINE isn't a WCO Line so your thought lacks something...

Oh that's right, it lacks intelligence and credibility as a result.

~Ceadder
He plays bad and he plays good....at times.

It's still not good enough. He still sucks, he's never going to get better. Time to move on.

If Nate Davis isn't the answer then look into the draft.

Alex Smith has NEVER put together a full game of football.
...