LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Dukes and this Tom character give NO credit to comeback, "garbage time"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have lost more respect to the coward Dukes, and now this Tom guys on NFL network. They both deserve to be fired, and Fran Charles is making them look like idiots saying. Fran is making ALL the sense in the world saying "give the niners credit, and Alex Smith some credit." and Dukes and the other idiot say, Smith played horrible in the first half, and put up stats against a prevent and in garbage time. Fran comes back and keeps defending Smith and the niners comeback! good job Fran
i hope u get fired dukes, ur worthless, have always been, and always hard to watch and ubnoxious to listen too
Hooray for moral victories! No, but seriously, the only thing that matters at the end of the day is the W, or the L in this case. I thought no one gave a rat's ass what Dukes said anyway.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 22, 2009 at 2:35 PM ]
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Anyone have a link, I'm curious as to what Fran Charles said. He's always arguing and owning Jamie Dukes whenever they get in an argument.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
I have lost more respect to the coward Dukes, and now this Tom guys on NFL network. They both deserve to be fired, and Fran Charles is making them look like idiots saying. Fran is making ALL the sense in the world saying "give the niners credit, and Alex Smith some credit." and Dukes and the other idiot say, Smith played horrible in the first half, and put up stats against a prevent and in garbage time. Fran comes back and keeps defending Smith and the niners comeback! good job Fran
i hope u get fired dukes, ur worthless, have always been, and always hard to watch and ubnoxious to listen too

G.B. wasn't in a prevent defense in the 2nd half.
Originally posted by B650:

G.B. wasn't in a prevent defense in the 2nd half.

As were we in the 1st
GB did not change their defensive gameplan in the 2nd half.

Dukes is a piece of s**t. NFLN does not have many analysts that know much of anything. Bunch of bandwagon riding f*****s.
Originally posted by Ether:
Anyone have a link, I'm curious as to what Fran Charles said. He's always arguing and owning Jamie Dukes whenever they get in an argument.

i wish i did.. they probably wont even replay the segment, but Fran was saying Smith was 3-7 for 5yds but the GB D was all over it in the first half, then Dukes just starts cracking up. Then Fran says you have to give SF credit for coming back, and the way Smith played. Then Tom and Dukes say, "well GB went to a prevent, and it changes the way u play when ur up 20 in garbage time." then Fran makes all the sense and says, "how is it garbage time if its in the 3rd qt when SF is moving the ball and cutting the lead, if Manning were on the end then you guys would say how well he did, but since its Alex, your not giving him credit." then Dukes, looks lost and says, " well if Manning would have won the game, but we wouldnt give him credit if he lost.."

Although I don't like Dukes he isn't totally off. If your way ahead usually the opposite team plays more of a prevent then their original game plan. I still say give Alex credit because he still passed for a lot of hards against a defence that suppose to stop the big pass plays.

He sucked the 1st half but I put the blame on the coahes more than Alex. IMO he is still in the NFL and he should have some kind of production from the center not just shutgun.
Regardless of what D gb was in, when u are up by 20 and the niners looking like a NCAA division 2 team, the mentality has changed
dukes always bashes the niners anyways, no surprise there.

• Ether
  • Veteran

i wish i did.. they probably wont even replay the segment, but Fran was saying Smith was 3-7 for 5yds but the GB D was all over it in the first half, then Dukes just starts cracking up. Then Fran says you have to give SF credit for coming back, and the way Smith played. Then Tom and Dukes say, "well GB went to a prevent, and it changes the way u play when ur up 20 in garbage time." then Fran makes all the sense and says, "how is it garbage time if its in the 3rd qt when SF is moving the ball and cutting the lead, if Manning were on the end then you guys would say how well he did, but since its Alex, your not giving him credit." then Dukes, looks lost and says, " well if Manning would have won the game, but we wouldnt give him credit if he lost.."

Thanks for the recap, I appreciate it.

The bolded part is very true. The 49ers were within 6 points with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter, which on paper is plenty of time. Alex Smith doesnt receive credit because he was deemed as a bust, and now that he's showing he can actually play, no one is willing to give him praise except for the people with REAL football knowledge like Brian Billick.
Originally posted by luis1985:

Although I don't like Dukes he isn't totally off. If your way ahead usually the opposite team plays more of a prevent then their original game plan. I still say give Alex credit because he still passed for a lot of hards against a defence that suppose to stop the big pass plays.

He sucked the 1st half but I put the blame on the coahes more than Alex. IMO he is still in the NFL and he should have some kind of production from the center not just shutgun.

I see your point. but Alex cant succeed, Brady cant succeed, Montana wouldnt have suceeded if they were getting planted on their third step back, and no time to let the ball go. Alex cant succeed when ur OC throws screens, and flats with 8 men in the box, and all over it. Maybe its not TOTALLY on Raye and Sing, b,c they know they have a s**t for an NFL Oline and theyre trying to be conservative. But, when the 3-4 WR set is working, then you have to stick to what works. You cant keep digging urself in a hole..

people want to look at the 1st half stats, and not the flow of the game in that 1st half. Alex did what he could do
[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Nov 22, 2009 at 2:50 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Bunch of bandwagon riding f*****s.

Yeah I take complete offense to this as an employee of the place you are insulting. You're 100% incorrect.

Let's have the 49ers win some games before you demand respect.
Dukes is right up there with The Bleacher Report and Football365 IMO.

Thanks for the recap, I appreciate it.

The bolded part is very true. The 49ers were within 6 points with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter, which on paper is plenty of time. Alex Smith doesnt receive credit because he was deemed as a bust, and now that he's showing he can actually play, no one is willing to give him praise except for the people with REAL football knowledge like Brian Billick.

We were within 5 earlier in the game until Smith handed it to them.
Share 49ersWebzone