There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith quote:

Alex Smith made a remarkable statement after the game. "We got make it (the call) work no matter what." Smith said. "I think trying to go to a spread offense in the middle of the season without a training camp is impossible."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=52171#ixzz0Xd6q60Mh

Maybe they know something we don't??
already posted
it's a smokescreen. if all of the players are already scoring and producing off of the spread and feeling comfortable with it these following weeks, there's no doubt they already know how to run it
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Seems as though Alex is trying hard to not throw his coaching staff under the bus.
Originally posted by Ether:
Seems as though Alex is trying hard to not throw his coaching staff under the bus.

I think thats what it is. I'm sure Alex, deep inside, is smiling at the fact that Vernon and Crabs have spoken up.

But Alex won't say it, he's a nice-guy, a SMART guy, and is good at giving an interview (i.e. knowing what to say, knowing what not to say)...and he won't say ANYTHING that can be twisted by the media to pit a QB and his coach against each other.
[ Edited by DonJulio on Nov 22, 2009 at 2:44 PM ]
Originally posted by DonJulio:

I think thats what it is. I'm sure Alex, deep inside, is smiling at the fact that Vernon and Crabs have spoken up.

But Alex won't say it, he's a nice-guy, a SMART guy, and is good at giving an interview (i.e. knowing what to say, knowing what not to say)...and he won't say ANYTHING that can be twisted by the media to pit a QB and his coach against each other.

agree that he is a great speaker, so much better than some of the players that I hear get interviewed and that includes Hill. However, he needs to grow a pair. He does not stand up there with the least bit of confidence, and I don't like how he didn't take blame for anything...
Originally posted by SJniner7:

agree that he is a great speaker, so much better than some of the players that I hear get interviewed and that includes Hill. However, he needs to grow a pair. He does not stand up there with the least bit of confidence, and I don't like how he didn't take blame for anything...

Maybe he feels like Singletary and Raye have treated him right in what has been a difficult comeback and he is not going to throw them under the bus. The tide is coming whether Alex says it or not.
Smart players and coaches don't throw each other under the bus through the media, they do it in private.

In response, he is doing the right thing with the media. He does need to grow a pair in the locker room if he hasn't already done so. The kid does excellent in his offense, we should plan our offense around that!!!

Ahhhh but you know what?

A couple SY shows back Steve said that that's what a Leader does.

Cause eventually that guys are going to either be off the field(QB or surrounding personnel) or they are going to back his play.

I think that this is one of the best things that he could do for himself for future games. Eventually guys are going to get tired of seeing him get smacked around and start taking some of the blame themselves. Once they are all behind him look the truck out.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Alex Smith made a remarkable statement after the game. "We got make it (the call) work no matter what." Smith said. "I think trying to go to a spread offense in the middle of the season without a training camp is impossible."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=52171#ixzz0Xd6q60Mh

Maybe they know something we don't??

I just read this and was on the verge of posting it. The spread is effective, but its going to be hit or miss either way. If it puts points on the board then its worth using it more often.
I don't understand how it can not work. We are able to pass the ball in situations when the opposing defense knows we have no choice, but throw the ball. They are defending the pass! If we could just grow a pair and actually be willing to sling it a bit in the first half, we might actually win a few games.
Oh and MAYBE Alex is saying that to allow the Coaches some wiggle room in planning the rest of the games moving forward.

So maybe he kind of DID call out Sing by not doing so?

~Ceadder

Smart?? Who knows.. (not as a qb for sure). Giving interviews?? ohh yea, he's great, he should retire n go work 4 for some local tv channel, cause thats the only good thing he can do in game day!! I hope he can explain his interception as well.

He's a BUST!!!!!!!!!! and he's the problem...
  • WeNeedaNewQB
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by fly15:

Smart?? Who knows.. (not as a qb for sure). Giving interviews?? ohh yea, he's great, he should retire n go work 4 for some local tv channel, cause thats the only good thing he can do in game day!! I hope he can explain his interception as well.

He's a BUST!!!!!!!!!! and he's the problem...

lol. i totally i agree with you. well i dunno about tv man. maybe as a camera man but maybe hell have a problem aiming at the players just how he does with the football.