There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ANYBODY ELSE FRUSTRATED WITH THIS DEFENSE?

• Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by taney71:
The defense needs to step up period. We focus and blame the offense but it is scoring 20+ points a game. The defense gives up 30+...no way we are winning with that combo.

But nearly every great defense had a functional offense that could consume the clock and give them a rest. You can't expect the D to be on the park for 13 minutes or so that first half and not give up points?
Originally posted by Envy:
The defense needs to step up period. We focus and blame the offense but it is scoring 20+ points a game. The defense gives up 30+...no way we are winning with that combo.

But nearly every great defense had a functional offense that could consume the clock and give them a rest. You can't expect the D to be on the park for 13 minutes or so that first half and not give up points?

Our D for the past couple of games hasnt been good.
GB had sooo many opportunities, our defense was bound to crack eventually. Frustrated taht they couldn't get the stop in the 4th? Hell yes... frustrated about the rest of the game... not really, falls more on offense
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Envy:

Our D for the past couple of games hasnt been good.

Not saying they haven't been bad. I'm just saying its near impossible to spend so much time on the park and not give up points.
Frustrated? Absolutely.

I don't expect our Defense to be Top 5, but I expect them to play solid ball. Haven't seen that lately.

And twice (in the Indy game and today), we need them to get a stop so the Offense can get the ball back and have a chance to win. Instead, the other team runs the clock out. Just so frustrating...
a GOOD offense makes an avg defense look good....who'd thought the saints def was good at all til this yr?!....

why do we run the spread so late (2nd half)?...i think we should b running the spread the whole game!!
What a surprise folks still making excuses for the defense saying it's all on the offense.
Originally posted by lamontb:
What a surprise folks still making excuses for the defense saying it's all on the offense.

I hear you - unbelievable!
Its like a man with a very strong leg who's other leg is skinny and weak.

He tries to run, can't run fast, and keeps blaming his strong leg for making him so slow.

"Darn it! If only my big muscular leg was just bigger and more muscular I would be fast as a leopard."

"I'm going to go back to the gym to lift weights with my big muscular leg, because obviously, its not strong enough to make me as fast as I want to be."

This must be how the Redskins think.
Originally posted by quatic:
a GOOD offense makes an avg defense look good....who'd thought the saints def was good at all til this yr?!....

why do we run the spread so late (2nd half)?...i think we should b running the spread the whole game!!

Isn't it funny how teams with a great offense, who move the ball and always give their defense a rest, seem to always have a good defense to go with their offense?
We give their O too many opportunities. Their odds of scoring and big plays improve dramatically.

Even if we don't score on most drives, give me at least a 1st down or two. The time of possession is killing us.
  • Sulla
  • Veteran
Although the offense really stunk it up today and didn't give the defense any breaks, the defense could have played infinitely better. At the end of the day, they are paid to play defense. A lot of miss tackles and a horrible pass rush against one of the worst offensive lines in the league, not to mention the inability to get any turnovers on a consistent basis. The D usually rebounds after a tough week though.
I'm not frustrated with the Defense. I'm frustrated with the Pig headed coaching staff.

~Ceadder
It is clear that both the coaching staff and players were unprepared---again. How could we be so impotent in getting pressure on Rodgers? How did we get burned so badly by the running game and the screens to Jackson? Any moron would know that the Packers would make both of these staples of their offensive strategy to reduce the impact of pressure and yet it was as if we had NO IDEA what hit us. The fact that we barely touched Rodgers was icing on the cake that allowed them to be bold enough to hit their deeper targets.... This is a terrible job by the coaches and the Def primarily....absurd offensive game plan combined with equally offensive defensive plan and horrible tackling=season defining loss: We are not a good team yet and are led by even more incompetent coaches.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Unfortunately the excuse is a valid one. This Offense had the Packers on the ropes on the FIRST possession and we come away from the Red Zone with 3 points.

Might have well been ZERO points because we run 3rd and an INCH right into the strength of their Defense because WHY???

Because we're a "Power Running Team" and well we just can't allow the Opposing Defense to look foolish. We could have done SEVERAL things on that down. One of which was go to the Spread and Run a bootleg using Alex's strengths.

Instead we run the FB blast and LOSE yardage. You might just as well have told the Defense that you don't believe in your Offense at that point.

Oh and let's get something straight. That Packers Line was straight up holding on just about EVERY down. So let's not get excited about the lack of a Pass Rush.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Nov 22, 2009 at 4:59 PM ]