There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Michael Crabtree: "Hopefully we go with the spread offense next week"

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
That Green Bay D looked hammered when we were spreading it out, making their middle linebackers enter 'prevent' formations (whilst stretching out the defensive backs). -Not one defensive end was able to penetrate Alex's pocket, we looked totally unpredictable out of the shotgun, I just don't understand why we didn't start the game like this.

Also, Alex Smith looked as if he was playing at Utah, the moment he was out of the shotgun everything was flowing, and then the moment we make Alex exit his comfort zone he throws that urgent interception.

I just don't even understand why we continued to go with the i-formation after the Tenn. game when clearly it's the weakest setup for our offense, as our success rate has been 30% out of 2-TE/I packages, while the shotgun/spread has given us 95% success.

If Mike Martz was here we would have probably have been more dangerous than the Cardinals this year.

Those are interesting stats. I can't believe Sing & Co. cannot see that. It is ridiculous.
  • ZRF80
Too little too late boys. Season is flushed.....time to see who can make the cut for next season.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Too little too late boys. Season is flushed.....time to see who can make the cut for next season.

they just flashed a stat on SNF that made me sick said 4-6 teams make the playoffs a whopping 7% of the time. I don't think this team can win out the only way we would is to go to the spread 95% of the time.

What is there to lose? We know it's the strength of our QB, #1WR, the O as a whole, the OL looks better, VD likes it more COMEON COACHES RUN THE f**kING SPREAD!
The coaching staff must be blind. or stupid.
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Sorry ZRF, you didn't make the cut..
"too little, too late" should be the niners motto.
I will pray everyday this week that SING LISTENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i like vd and crabs

You got to spread it first.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
what is crazy is......just because we come out in the spread doesn't mean we have to be all Crazy Aggressive and turnover prone...

we can still come out in a spread and throw short passes and run the ball....and chew clock....but the defense would still be spread out and Alex should be able to tell where their blitzes are coming from and adjust accordingly....

instead of us bunched up and the defense all bunched up as well sending God knows who.....

co-signed. I think Sing is too stubborn though.
The fact of the matter is, we stick with the gun after Alex becomes the starter and we probably beat Indy, the Titans, and GB. He's proven to be a very competent and confident QB in the gun. Our entire O plays better out of it--receivers get open more consistently, OL blocks better, Gore gets bigger gains. The fact we don't use early and consistently it is unfathomable.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
That Green Bay D looked hammered when we were spreading it out, making their middle linebackers enter 'prevent' formations (whilst stretching out the defensive backs). -Not one defensive end was able to penetrate Alex's pocket, we looked totally unpredictable out of the shotgun, I just don't understand why we didn't start the game like this.

Also, Alex Smith looked as if he was playing at Utah, the moment he was out of the shotgun everything was flowing, and then the moment we make Alex exit his comfort zone he throws that urgent interception.

I just don't even understand why we continued to go with the i-formation after the Tenn. game when clearly it's the weakest setup for our offense, as our success rate has been 30% out of 2-TE/I packages, while the shotgun/spread has given us 95% success.

If Mike Martz was here we would have probably have been more dangerous than the Cardinals this year.

Those are interesting stats. I can't believe Sing & Co. cannot see that. It is ridiculous.

Wow excellent info.
Sounds like Crabs wants to win and he's pointing out the only way were gonna with Alex Sing and his yes man should take notes,,,,,,
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
I will pray everyday this week that SING LISTENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't Do It!