There are 202 users in the forums

I think the Green Bay game proves one thing...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well said, alpha. With a year of head coaching under his belt now, Coach shouldn't be surprised by anything. He needs a top notch OC to have a chance for success...he doesn't have one and it shows. Need some players, too, but there's no substitute for good coaching.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Well said, alpha. With a year of head coaching under his belt now, Coach shouldn't be surprised by anything. He needs a top notch OC to have a chance for success...he doesn't have one and it shows. Need some players, too, but there's no substitute for good coaching.
Don't forget about Brian Jennings dominating yet again. You'd think he's a robot except he's actually a higher being.

Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
get me a new offensive coordinator asap. dammit this shiite is unbearable.

run, run, run, punt
run, run, pass, punt
run, pass, run, punt
run, pass, pass, punt

pass, pass, pass, punt
pass, pass, run, punt
pass, run, pass, punt
pass, run, run, punt

Last time I checked, every play is either a run or a pass, and you just listed all combinations of run+pass. Whether the drive ends in a punt is on the players.

Would you prefer Kneel, Spike, Fake spike, Field Goal?

Originally posted by alpha81:
I agree we have a weak o-line but the loss in on the coaches shoulders. We were clearly outcoached and the players looked surprised as if the Packers were showing something they didnt see on film. Mr. Sing, start hot and go conservative when you have the lead. That is exactly what the Packers did today. You dont start conservative then go hot when you are down by 20 points. Havent you learned that by this time?
  • cgida
  • Veteran
QB has never been our problem even when Alex was new. Our O-line has sucked and he has never had weapons to actually catch a ball. The coaching staff is about as creative as a newborn baby. This offense lacks an identity and untill Sing figures this out we are in trouble. I like Sing but I feel he is not the coach we need and his decision on Jimmy Raye was way off the mark. Next years draft should involve 2 first round o-lineman and a free agent at RT. Once the line is set we have a great offense but if Alex never has time we are screwed.
The problems are a many.

1. O-line
2. Play Calling
3. QB
4. Pass rush
5. DB's
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by PTulini:
The QB is not our problem. We need to rebuild the offensive line. This game shows that if Alex Smith has the time he can make the throws. I think we need to operate more out of the shotgun, that is very apparent. This shows how important continuity is to the effectiveness of an offense.

Exactly. It's not hard to figure out.

Yeah, if Raye and more importantly, Singletary, don't see how obvious it is that Smith plays better out of the shotgun, then they are both very stubborn or just plain stupid. Second half, 1 pass play under center, interception. Unfortunately, it was deep in Niner territory.
I personally think it's hard to judge Smith under these circumstances....it's a different type of pressure when you're handed the ball and told get us back in the game ...then when the score is close.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's obvious that the reason Smith does better out of the shotgun is because he has more time to scan the field for receivers. Until we address the OL we need to keep him in the shotgun to give the team a fighting chance to stay in games where our defense obviously is not as stout as it was in the first 5 games of the season.

Share 49ersWebzone