There are 255 users in the forums

I think the Green Bay game proves one thing...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
get me a new offensive coordinator asap. dammit this shiite is unbearable.

run, run, run, punt
run, run, pass, punt
run, pass, run, punt
run, pass, pass, punt

pass, pass, pass, punt
pass, pass, run, punt
pass, run, pass, punt
pass, run, run, punt

HAHA..That's funny. Sad, yet true.
  • TFSP
Yes, not Jimmy Raye, nor Alex! You need to be able to attempt to run the ball. The defense was the real problem today in the first half.
I think our problem(s) start at HC, OC and then the O-Line and we still have some holes to fill on defense. I don't think Alex Smith is a franchise QB but I don't think he is the problem on our team and I think he can be a good NFL QB and we can win games with him if give him better protection and playcalling.
Originally posted by backontop:
I am glad that some posters around here have eyes and brains to see what the real issues are.

But the haters will continue to blast him til the Coaching staff pulls their collective head out of their collective rectum.

I been sayin for years that Alex was not the problem. Which is extremely sad given that he was NOT my choice as 1st overall in the '05 draft. Braylon Edwards was.

Which makes me respect Smith even more cause he's had a hard row to hoe since he was drafted.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I am glad that some posters around here have eyes and brains to see what the real issues are.

But the haters will continue to blast him til the Coaching staff pulls their collective head out of their collective rectum.

I been sayin for years that Alex was not the problem. Which is extremely sad given that he was NOT my choice as 1st overall in the '05 draft. Braylon Edwards was.

Which makes me respect Smith even more cause he's had a hard row to hoe since he was drafted.

~Ceadder

agreed
Raye has to go. Smith must get one more year. Jeez another OC
Originally posted by wolfpack52:

Keep Raye, he clearly has the plays to run a spread style offense. I think Singletary just won't allow him to
...it proves that even if you are the MOST sacked QB in the league if you have talent and good coaching you can roast a team! I am sick of the "it aint Alex it's the line" crap!!!!!!!

Rodgers is the most sacked QB by a freaking long way, and he puts up numbers and wins!

Alex aint bad but he aint great either!

He is also not the reason we lost today, he is serviceable, if he has time, something that that is hard to come by for NFL qbs...time that is not serviceability.

Keep Raye, he clearly has the plays to run a spread style offense. I think Singletary just won't allow him to

I tend to agree with you. I think Singletary is the one telling/demanding Raye to run, run, run and open up with these stupid bunch/i-formations
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
get me a new offensive coordinator asap. dammit this shiite is unbearable.

run, run, run, punt
run, run, pass, punt
run, pass, run, punt
run, pass, pass, punt

pass, pass, pass, punt
pass, pass, run, punt
pass, run, pass, punt
pass, run, run, punt

HAHA..That's funny. Sad, yet true.

Neither is funny, nor true.

We did open with a Pass to start. Unfortunately we couldn't capitalize on the success of the opening drive. So it's NOT the OC. It IS the LINE and it IS the HC for not making the adjustment to smack the Packers where it hurts.

And ultimately it is Scotties failure to fix the Line. I can deal with a Line having to go through growing pangs due to lack of familiarity with one another. That happens on EVERY team. I cannot deal with not addressing this issue every year for the last 5 and giving up on solid players because they want to make more money.

Now, I realize that Scott is in his 2nd year as a GM with nobody to answer to except the owner. But this is something that is completely inexcusable.

~Ceadder

The offensive game planning sucks.. It is ultra conservative starting the game and stays that way unless we have to catch up, then the playbook gets opened up...

I would like to see the spread and no huddle on the opening drive.
Originally posted by TFSP:
Yes, not Jimmy Raye, nor Alex! You need to be able to attempt to run the ball. The defense was the real problem today in the first half.

How do you figure?

Out of the first 2 drives we sustained ONE.

I agree that the Defense did not fare well on their 3rd drive but I think that if we smacked them in the mouth in our 1st drive this is a completely different ball game. Defenses tend to get fired up when they KNOW their Offense is gonna smack the other team in the nose and impose their will on the other team.

So we came out swinging only to connect with air the 1st drive.

We looked like a midget swinging at Shaq while he's holding us off by our forehead the 2nd.

And EVERY drive going into the half was pretty much the same as drive number 2.

What the hell do you want from the Defense after that?

~Ceadder
What annoys me about Smith is that when he can step up in the pocket he never does. He bails and that is from being a pure shotgun QB. Other than that he is solid if they play to his strengths.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I think our problem(s) start at HC, OC and then the O-Line and we still have some holes to fill on defense. I don't think Alex Smith is a franchise QB but I don't think he is the problem on our team and I think he can be a good NFL QB and we can win games with him if give him better protection and playcalling.

I agree, but I'd reverse the the OL and HC. To me it's O-line, HC, and OC. The O-line is obvious. The problem with the HC is the offensive philosophy, which in term has affected the OC. Alex Smith and Jimmy Raye probably will never be mentioned with elite QBs or coordinators, but with a good O-Line, we can move the ball consistently.

WORD, I JUST SAID THE SAME THING IN ANOTHER THREAD
Share 49ersWebzone