There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I think the Green Bay game proves one thing...

The QB is not our problem. We need to rebuild the offensive line. This game shows that if Alex Smith has the time he can make the throws. I think we need to operate more out of the shotgun, that is very apparent. This shows how important continuity is to the effectiveness of an offense.
I am seeing more and more that QB is not the problem.

Alex Smith's horrible stats in the first half did not make me think of him differently. He is showing he can play, but he has his hands cuffed with a conservative gameplan, planned short passes, weak OL with a starter going down today.
I am glad that some posters around here have eyes and brains to see what the real issues are.
I agree about the qb thing. Our o line is terrible!
get me a new offensive coordinator asap. dammit this shiite is unbearable.

run, run, run, punt
run, run, pass, punt
run, pass, run, punt
run, pass, pass, punt

pass, pass, pass, punt
pass, pass, run, punt
pass, run, pass, punt
pass, run, run, punt
Yes ALex has improved. However, he is in the pros now and needs to learn to properly read defenses from under center. NO EXCUSES. Thisi s the only thing holding him back from realizing his potential.
Why don't you guys look at those sacks and pressures again. 2 sacks were on Smith because he had at least 3 seconds.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Why don't you guys look at those sacks and pressures again. 2 sacks were on Smith because he had at least 3 seconds.

those are called coverage sacks. none of the WR's were open.
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Yes ALex has improved. However, he is in the pros now and needs to learn to properly read defenses from under center. NO EXCUSES. Thisi s the only thing holding him back from realizing his potential.

That can come. But part of the problem is that the pass blocking just doesn't hold up when Smith or Hill for that matter are under center.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I also think that Sing's refusal to start the game in the shotgun when clearly the oline is NOT built for a smash mouth game is hurting this team also.

Plus our defense decided to take this week also.
The game also showed how porous the pass rush is. I mean, the Packers have given up the most sacks in the league, and the Niners could only get one and gave Rogers all day.

Ohhh noooo, no other QB in the league ever takes coverage sacks!!!!!
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

• Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
get me a new offensive coordinator asap. dammit this shiite is unbearable.

run, run, run, punt
run, run, pass, punt
run, pass, run, punt
run, pass, pass, punt

pass, pass, pass, punt
pass, pass, run, punt
pass, run, pass, punt
pass, run, run, punt

Last time I checked, every play is either a run or a pass, and you just listed all combinations of run+pass. Whether the drive ends in a punt is on the players.

Would you prefer Kneel, Spike, Fake spike, Field Goal?