There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

THE REFS BLEW IT FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I haven't seen anyone mention it and it appeared to be a very blatant and obvious penalty. I'm talking about the stuffed QB sneak where there was a no call for helping the runner.

NFL Rule 12, Section 1, Article 5

Article 5 No offensive player may:

(d) push or throw his body against a teammate to aid him in an attempt to obstruct an opponent
or to recover a loose ball.

This is a 10 yard penalty which would have resulted in a 4th down and 10, maybe 11.
i see that happen alot and almost never called
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Wow good find.

I did notice that Rodgers was stopped initially but got help from his fullback.

Didn't know it was a rule cause i see it all the time.
Refs did in fact blow it for us. Regardless if we put ourselves in a situation to lose. With better calls from the refs we might have had a chance to win. That is why you play the game.
I didn't see the refs missing tackles
Originally posted by Peanut49:
So, I haven't seen anyone mention it and it appeared to be a very blatant and obvious penalty. I'm talking about the stuffed QB sneak where there was a no call for helping the runner.

(d) push or throw his body against a teammate to aid him in an attempt to obstruct an opponent

This is a 10 yard penalty which would have resulted in a 4th down and 10, maybe 11.

Neither of those situations apply to pushing a qb on a qb sneak or maybe I don't remember the play correctly.
Yeah it was the refs that gave up almost 300 yards passing in the first half. It was the refs that threw for -7 yards in the first half. It was the refs that couldn't get a stop in the last 5 minutes of the game. Darn those zebras. Only if it weren't for their hatred for our unflawed and perfect team, we'd be undefeated.
Originally posted by TDking876:
Ok a my baby cousine could have made a better call on that last challenge by Sing; and on the QB sneak from Rogers he odviously fumbled that football because his knees weren't even close to the ground. The game was rigged!!!

and dont forget about the 1 sec that was left at the end of the 1st half....if it was in san fran time would've ran out and it would've been halftime!
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by TDking876:
Ok a my baby cousine could have made a better call on that last challenge by Sing; and on the QB sneak from Rogers he odviously fumbled that football because his knees weren't even close to the ground. The game was rigged!!!

I agree with u to some point, but when u have 5 yards from our BUST QB, we're not supposed to win.
Alex and Mummy Raye blew it for us.
"Dont tell me, Show me" Well, bench A.Smith!!!

bench smith? really ? he's given life to vernon and crabtree and the spread offense works when he's running it....why would u bench the guy that can score points with weapons like that in the team.....you're looking for the easy way out ..... alex smith is not the problem its clear now....
Originally posted by cubanb:

Neither of those situations apply to pushing a qb on a qb sneak or maybe I don't remember the play correctly.

You obviously can not read and know nothing about NFL rules.

Refs did in fact blow it for us. Regardless if we put ourselves in a situation to lose. With better calls from the refs we might have had a chance to win. That is why you play the game.
[ Edited by Peanut49 on Nov 22, 2009 at 6:43 PM ]

wasn't a penalty like that called on reggie bush and leinert in college once? bush pushed leinert into the end zone i believe it was a non call ...was a few years back so i can't remember but i know the topic came up either for non call or cause it did get them penalized
i definitely think that the refs took away at least an opportunity for us to win the game. sure the niners played like crap the first half but they busted their ass to get back into it. if the refs are gonna give aaron rodgers forward motion on that play, they should at least acknowledge that he wasnt downed and that he did fumble.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:

wasn't a penalty like that called on reggie bush and leinert in college once? bush pushed leinert into the end zone i believe it was a non call ...was a few years back so i can't remember but i know the topic came up either for non call or cause it did get them penalized

What I linked is per NFL rule book. Rodgers got pushed by a teammate after a defender obstructed his path. It was in fact, no doubt, a penalty and illegal.
im not going to put loss on refs but it did sem like a packer tripped a niner punt returner and niners get the flag for illegal block?????
Our team just blows