There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Offense

• hcniner64
  • Info N/A
I've finnaly had enough of our offense, I have been hoping that the team would show me something yet it has not happened again. Our gameplanning is awful. We were clearly going to pound the ball going into the game. Take away that long gore run and we might have been down by like 17 in the first quarter.

Lets just face the facts. At 4-6 it would take a monumental meltdown of the arizona cardinals to win the division, this will not happen.

With losses to the packers and falcons the wildcard is basically out of the question. Even if we win out at 10-6 we have 2 losses to teams in contention this does not bode well mathematically.

With the season basically over lets just give up and have a complete change of philosiphy and just go with a permanent shotgun offense. This is the only way we can move forward.

There are really only 2 scenarios now:

a) Alex sucks, cant run the spread, cant run anything we draft a qb with our draft pick. In this scenario the team goes down in flames and we will likely have 2 top 10 picks. We draft the future qb and future tackle with these picks and see what happens.

b) Alex can only run a spread offense nothing else and we go on to either 9-7 or 10-6. We will still not make the playoffs in this scenario. However we now know Alex is our future but we must run a spread offense. We take a tackle and pass rushing olb (unless E. Berry falls to us and go with him instead) and we are set for a legitamite run next year. (this not only means we win and go 10-6 or 9-7, but Alex lights it up in the spread im talking peyton manning type numbers averaging like 300 plus yards a game and throws for like 14 td's and 4 int's in these last games.)

Now I know all of you guys are saying smith is done and frankly I am agreeing with you. It is established that smith can NOT run a normal offense under center and this is a bad thing.

Right now I give scenario a about a 90 percent chance of happening and is what I am expecting. But regardless we have to go with the shotgun the rest of the year and just see what happens. Even though it is a shot in the dark I would at least like to see if Alex can run a straight spread offense.

Either way I think our franchise is still in pretty good position and no one should be panicking. Under either of these scenarios we are taking a step forward with the right drafts. However we will not know this unless we open it up.

Bottom line Air it out the last 6 games and just see if we can get some semblance of an offense. Why not, we have nothing to lose?
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A
Guess no one has said anything because everyone agrees with me. Can someone start an official move to the spread offense thread because there are a few of these cropping up now and I think it should be a major course for discussion.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Smith can't run a normal offense when his OL can't block for him and his OC has no balls. That's what we know. We should open it up and see what happens. If he plays well, we can stick with him. If he doesn't, let's bring in Nate Davis.
Alex Smith isn't that bad from under center. People assume he is because it would appear as though there is little production during that time. However I have to find the MM twitter post that broke down his stats and they were not bad. What it boils down to is the sets and plays called from under center that make Alex look worse than he actually is.
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Peanut49:
Alex Smith isn't that bad from under center. People assume he is because it would appear as though there is little production during that time. However I have to find the MM twitter post that broke down his stats and they were not bad. What it boils down to is the sets and plays called from under center that make Alex look worse than he actually is.

if you break down this game i would put money on the fact alex's numbers are remarkably better in the shotgun then under center. Watching most of the game this seems like a fact not an illusion.
Originally posted by hcniner64:
Guess no one has said anything because everyone agrees with me. Can someone start an official move to the spread offense thread because there are a few of these cropping up now and I think it should be a major course for discussion.
Originally posted by hcniner64:
Originally posted by Peanut49:

if you break down this game i would put money on the fact alex's numbers are remarkably better in the shotgun then under center. Watching most of the game this seems like a fact not an illusion.

Okay and what does that have to do with what I said.