LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Blame Singletary thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gore lost us the game.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'm glad they went for it on 4th and goal. Even if you don't convert you put your defense on the goaline with a shot at a safety which nearly happened.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Not to mention burning 3 timeouts in the first 6:00 of the 1st Q. We lost the ability to challenge the rest of that half.

The big one was being way too aggro on the 30 sec. drill and not settling for getting to OT.

WTF SING?!?!?

So much confidence in the spread all of a sudden? Thought this wasnt something that we could just be overnight? Frank gets 9 carries today? 9 carries. And its not like we were playing from behind. 21 is no longer the bell cow???

2nd and 3 was the down to run Gore up the middle and get the first down. Sing you really let everyone down today.

Starting to think that Coach Sing is all sizzle and no steak.

Singletary gets bitten and he is shy the rest of the game - last week with Nedney he misses a chip shot then he avoids field goals - Gore coughs the ball up and he the confidence is gone in him - Alex was kicking ass so he decided to go with what worked - The good thing is he seems to regain his confidence in the portion of the game that screws up during the week.

The players were bad today - Well except Alex - Last drive Jones stops running and gives up on his route - he had a step the ball was right online if he kept running it falls right into his chest - Vernon drops the winning TD i mean the thing BOUNCED off his hands - Crabtree decides to look like a rookie and not turn and look for the ball as soon as he makes his cut on a short slant -

UGH

A timeout on the first play of the game is inexcusable - I mean it is just awful. Game Management has got to improve but for the love of god 10 drops is disgusting.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
How did he not take the field goal on fourth down in the first quarter? That move coach cost us the game. Very disappointed with his choices today.

THEY COULDN'T STOP US!!! I would have gone for it too. I like the aggressiveness.
HE IS!
Supporting Sing means you support mediocrity. If this is what you support, I do not welcome you as a fan of my team... hit the road... all of you. The Jaguars could use some fans.
IM SO FED UP with you hypocrites who constantly get on these forums to bash on singletary, one way or the other, i see things differenty. To me i thought we won the game we had better play calling (aside from that awful fumble on special teams) we have proven we are better than most the teams in the range of 6-6 or 7-5 i mean c'mon losing to green bay , minnesota, atlanta, houston by 1 Possession('s) we are a really good team mind you that ( disasterous fumble ) cost us momentum, and inabled us in preventing a seatle score, however dont put that on our headcoach, the man is a damn rookie and you dont know how many times i've viewed that on the way up here but wow. stop the bashing, its over the records says we lost but we all know damn well we are better that seatle it was just those costly turnovers.

okay now my heated post:

1) SINGLETARTY IS WHAT HE IS, A PROVIDER FOR THE PEOPLE'S IDEALOGIES AND APPRECTIATION TOWARDS PLAYERS OPINIONS, PRETTY MUCH, ITS POLITICS THE TEAM WANTS TO BE MORE AGRESSIVE AND THROW ON 4 AND 1 LET IT BE .I LOVE IT, JUST CHECK MY BOY ALEX'S STATS. WOW
2) FOR ALL YOU NON INTELLIGENT CRY BABIES WITH YOUR AGGRAVATING B1TCH1ING CHILL OUT, BE SMART, OUR TEAM IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER, OUR RECORDS MAY NOT SHOW BUT I FOR ONE AM LIKING SOME HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR YOUNGER TALENT WE ARE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR SUCCESS!
3) ALTHOUGH OUR CHANCES OF MAKING THE PLAYOFFS ARE PRETTY SLIM NOW,DONT COUNT US OUT IN ANY OF OUR FOLLOWING GAMES, WE FACE THE CARDINALS, EAGLES, LIONS, AND RAMS. WE CAN STILL HIT THAT 8-8 AND HEY I'LL TAKE THAT ITS FAR BETTER THAN WHAT ANYONE ELSE EXPECTED.
4) THE FACT THAT THIS LEAGUE HAS CHANGED TO A QUARTERBACKS "SPREAD SYSTEM" OR THE SHOTGUN POSITION SHOWS US THAT OUR TEAM IS STARTING TO BELIEVE IN THERE PLAYERS AND ACCEPT THERE OPEN WISDOM. HOW CAN WE NOT APPRECIATE THE AGRESSION. ITS UPLIFTING ALMOST LIKE HITTING A STOG WAKING UP IN THE MORNING.
5) WE DOMINATED THIS GAME STATICSTICALLY AND SEATLE WILL SEE JUST EXACTLY WHAT IS COMING WITH A YEAR OF EXPERIENCE A TEAM CAN LEARN FROM.

SUM THINGS UP:

49ers are in good shape. Dont let this loss be something to dwell upon, however we should counter it and learn from the mistakes made and revise our play calling on crucial moments, althought please Mr. SINGLETARY keep up the aggressiveness and show shut all these hyporcrites up.

DR. V

PS : GO SHARKS YEEEEEEEEEEE SHOUTOUTS TO ALL MY COLLEAGUES IN CONCORD, MISS YOU GUYS UP IN VALLEJO TOO. :)

[ Edited by ilikecows699 on Dec 6, 2009 at 23:34:53 ]
Wait he is a rookie coach
he IS a rookie head coach. if you expected him to step in to his new full time coaching job and be the perfect decision maker right off the bat, you were fooling yourself. typical growing pains.

Sing is a smart guy, if he screws something up, he wont do that next time. the hard part is watching him learn the hard way. but you cant really help it, he has to learn, just like a rookie CB has to get burned a few times (or all the time) before he starts to get better. (unless youre name is Mike Rumph)
Originally posted by posterX:
Supporting Sing means you support mediocrity. If this is what you support, I do not welcome you as a fan of my team... hit the road... all of you. The Jaguars could use some fans.

You are kind of outnumbered, little buddy. I guess we will be staying and you can hit the road.

Or revert to the other username?

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by posterX:

You are kind of outnumbered, little buddy. I guess we will be staying and you can hit the road.

Or revert to the other username?

As if the majority has EVER been right about anything?

Please...
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Mex49:
Dude called a TO when he should have challenged the the ball placement on that 4th and 1. If it wasn't overturned, then we could have wasted the TO.

Coaching coaching coaching

Maybe that's what he was TRYING to do during the Timeout?

These Refs were bought and paid for. But hey I'll let their calls do the talking.

Find me ONE quarter that the Refs did not make a blatantly awful OR not even throw the flag when one was warranted. Shoot Tree got hosed on the Offensive INT call. He put his hand on the man's back true but that guy PUSHED OFF, so it was CLEARLY a no call.

~Ceadder

Out coaches called such a piss poor game that it allowed the refs to make a difference.

Challange a call and it becomes a TO of sorts; no need to waste one unless you suck anyway
Sing is a rookie coach. You should think before you post a thread.
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
the failed "icing the kicker" timeout was hilarious. calls the timeout before the whole team even got set
There is a quote from sing saying that we (niners) found a way to loose this one. Yep, when rossum was cut it hurt in all kinds of different ways.
Share 49ersWebzone