LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Blame Singletary thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kstolai:
Like any other die hard fan of course our current state is upsetting, what makes it more so is that we continue to come out flat whether O or D or ST. We continually get outcoached, and yet the man we rely on to head this team has no notes on the sidelines, no play calling cards nothing to suggest he has an active role in checking and calling plays. Granted he is new. We need someone with a strong grasp of X's and O's. Almost every HC has cards with play signals in front of them, is it a wonder Sing does not? On another note I think he is great at inspiration.

I can think of quite a few HC's that use cards and stuff that are completely miserable at their jobs. Fancy cards don't make the coach.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Like any other die hard fan of course our current state is upsetting, what makes it more so is that we continue to come out flat whether O or D or ST. We continually get outcoached, and yet the man we rely on to head this team has no notes on the sidelines, no play calling cards nothing to suggest he has an active role in checking and calling plays. Granted he is new. We need someone with a strong grasp of X's and O's. Almost every HC has cards with play signals in front of them, is it a wonder Sing does not? On another note I think he is great at inspiration.

I can think of quite a few HC's that use cards and stuff that are completely miserable at their jobs. Fancy cards don't make the coach.

Being ready for anything does.
Holmgren! Holmgren! Holmgren!
Originally posted by Rivers77:
Holmgren! Holmgren! Holmgren!

Wouldn't mind that one.

By the expectations you're setting, a coach shouldn't need any fancy cards and should just bark out the exact perfect thing to call every time it's necessary.
We suck because if it isn't one thing, then it's another. We keep doing different things wrong each game and THAT my friends is bad coaching.

If Gore now gies to Sing and tells him we are losing because we don't run, then Sing will show us 40 runs thext game. We are not a balanced team because of the coaching: it sucks.
  • stewama
  • Info N/A

Yeah is it too much to ask that our head coach be ready for anything?

Here's the deal... you can't change coaches every year and start over. We have a team in place that is improving, and with some help at o-line and pass rusher, we'll be alright. I'm encouraged that we probably don't need to draft a rookie QB and can actually build on something for once. Relax.

By the expectations you're setting, a coach shouldn't need any fancy cards and should just bark out the exact perfect thing to call every time it's necessary.

I guess you don't get it, im saying you need to show up prepared, do you realiz how many times w could have won a challenge, yet had used our TO carelessly? This is why i hold coaching or lack thereof accountable. No ones perfect, but if your making the same mistakes you made n week 1 and 2 now then it is coaching and lack of a scheme.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:
I think that after a loss, half of the Zone gets delusional and tries their hardest to find a scapegoat

Is that restricted to just the loses?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's just horrendous. I can't believe anybody can support him anymore.

~ A reverse we didn't need that gave them a fumble and ball around the 10 on special teams.
~ Not kick the field goal and go for it and come up empty. Leave 3 points on the field.

Give them 7 and leave 3 on the field for us. That's -10 and that coaching is why we lost.

you cant actually expect a rookie HC to get every cal correct, most rookie HC's make big time mistakes. Im not condoning Sing and his stupid calls of calling Timeouts at stupid times, but he has room to grow, and should hopefully improve.

Originally posted by stewama:

Yeah is it too much to ask that our head coach be ready for anything?

Here's the deal... you can't change coaches every year and start over. We have a team in place that is improving, and with some help at o-line and pass rusher, we'll be alright. I'm encouraged that we probably don't need to draft a rookie QB and can actually build on something for once. Relax.

Agree. Nice post.
of course Sing acts like a rookie coach, cause he is one.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

~ A reverse we didn't need that gave them a fumble and ball around the 10 on special teams.
~ Not kick the field goal and go for it and come up empty. Leave 3 points on the field.

Give them 7 and leave 3 on the field for us. That's -10 and that coaching is why we lost.

you cant actually expect a rookie HC to get every cal correct, most rookie HC's make big time mistakes. Im not condoning Sing and his stupid calls of calling Timeouts at stupid times, but he has room to grow, and should hopefully improve.

I think if he can improve in this many of these clos games should go our way.

and we couldn't catch a cold today

I guess you don't get it, im saying you need to show up prepared, do you realiz how many times w could have won a challenge, yet had used our TO carelessly? This is why i hold coaching or lack thereof accountable. No ones perfect, but if your making the same mistakes you made n week 1 and 2 now then it is coaching and lack of a scheme.

Now you're saying what I get and don't get? I think we need a thread to address some of your issues and flaws.
Share 49ersWebzone