LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Blame Singletary thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Not kicking the field goal and running a reverse we didn't need which resulted in a fumble on special teams really cost us this game.

You could call this game on Singletary. His game management is absolutely horrible.

With all due respect SD, we got HOSED on that 4th down play.

No way in hell we would EVER get away with that blatant a mugging in the End Zone of the target of ANY team's Pass. We'd get flagged for it EVERY time.

Total HS imho.

~Ceadder
He is?
News flash he is a rookie coach.
Give it time. It's too soon to be this critical. After 3 years if this is still happening, then go all out. But right now its just too soon.

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Dec 6, 2009 at 18:25:09 ]
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by genus49:
Get the hell out of here with that crap.

They were aggressive and it paid off. What lost them the game is that awful fumble on the punt. Talk about a momentum changer.

Add in that the refs kept f*cking us all day long and you get a terrible loss.

This wasn't on Singletary.

Singletary played his part , not usually one to cry about officials but they were horrid today some unbelieveablly bad calls all going against the 9ers
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Izyniner:
I like sing but in no way should they have been passing at the ten. Three runs up the gut and punt with little to no time left and tale this game to ot. Bad decision.

There were 50 seconds left. You play to win. That was the right call.

That's true and not true. Of course you play to win...and you also play to make sure you don't give the damn ball back should you not get the score. They disregarded the latter, and they got burned for it. That was the point when the team DESERVED to lose. They didn't deserve it after that, no sir. 51 Seconds left, 4 downs....and you can't walk and chew gum at the same time (like the big boys do)...you deserve to lose.

Agree 100%
  • tarpenning
  • Info N/A
I understand hindsight is 50-50... but I don't understand why when we get the ball at our 10 yard line with what 40 seconds left (?) we don't consider going for overtime. Really 3 things could have happened.
(1) We don't get a first down and punt from deep in our own territory... and seattle gets an easy shot at a field goal
(2) We turn the ball over deep in our own zone because we are trying to "force" things
(3) We drive down and get a field goal with a few seconds left.

But I felt that our D was playing well, and our O was playing well - why not try our odds in overtime? Play at our own pace?
Sing needs to really read up on X's and O's this offseason
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Not kicking the field goal and running a reverse we didn't need which resulted in a fumble on special teams really cost us this game.

You could call this game on Singletary. His game management is absolutely horrible.

I'm not sure if Sing was aware that dumb ass special teams call was coming, and yes...that seemed to turn everything the other way, we were well on our way to having our cake and eating it to until then...I think it was the worst call of the season. I'm still pissed about it. If Sing knew about it, it's on him and he was a dumb ass for it. If he didn't, it's on him to tell that dumbass ST coach no more trick s**t without running it by him first. Bad, bad, bad call...why in the f**k would anybody do that when it's cold, in an away game, after your offense and defense have clearly established they have the ability to do what they want? WTF...moronic.
Sing cost us 10 points.....he screwed the pooch today along with Gore and VD.

• Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Sing cost us 10 points.....he screwed the pooch today along with Gore and VD.

Yep, many f**k up's all the way around. What bother's me, is a lack of situational awareness. They (coaches and players) do f**ked up s**t at the most critical times. This has gotten much better since Sing took charge, but it's not near where it needs to be.

[ Edited by Blitz on Dec 6, 2009 at 18:04:41 ]
What's the job of the head coach, seriously?

Other than motivational speeches, how much value does Singletary really have to the team? Think about it.

I don't think he adds enough value to be given a head coaching job.
Originally posted by highwayone:
What's the job of the head coach, seriously?

Other than motivational speeches, how much value does Singletary really have to the team? Think about it.

I don't think he adds enough value to be given a head coaching job.
Originally posted by bfree:
No, we got a TD instead. LOL.

No we did not! lol!!!

Delanie Walker dropped a catch-able ball!! However, he was clearly interfered with and not a single flag was thrown with a ref standing right on top of the play.. Just one of many ways the refs f**ked us in that game.... Not entirely their fault though.. The Niners did plenty to help lose this game...

[ Edited by Eduardo75 on Dec 6, 2009 at 18:12:51 ]
Originally posted by genus49:
Get the hell out of here with that crap.

They were aggressive and it paid off. What lost them the game is that awful fumble on the punt. Talk about a momentum changer.

Add in that the refs kept f*cking us all day long and you get a terrible loss.

This wasn't on Singletary.

Agreed
Share 49ersWebzone