LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Blame Singletary thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by highwayone:
Singletary better stop that bull crap pep talk. At the end, when they needed to stop Green Bay, he tried to huddle up the defense, and Franklin just turned around.

STOP IT, MIKE. They are big boys, your rah rah crap is getting irritating.

I saw that. Looked like only half the guys bothered to go over to get motivated. And, as usual, the other team ran a big play right afterward.
i begining to think i have major problems for thinking that we would finally make the playoffs this year
Originally posted by carlgo:
Originally posted by highwayone:
Singletary better stop that bull crap pep talk. At the end, when they needed to stop Green Bay, he tried to huddle up the defense, and Franklin just turned around.

STOP IT, MIKE. They are big boys, your rah rah crap is getting irritating.

I saw that. Looked like only half the guys bothered to go over to get motivated. And, as usual, the other team ran a big play right afterward.

the team is getting tired of his "motivation"
Originally posted by 190836:
As much as I love to see Holmgren here, it wont happen. Yorks are too incompetent to get a real coach.

ok that makes no sense but whatever
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by kemp_j:

I'm lost. Are you giving up or are you making a statement?

~Ceadder

I'm agreeing to disagree. You have your opinion and I have mine. I agree with you that the coaching staff needs to do a better job at recognizing what works. I cant argue the 6 TD's from the spread offense. Its a fact Alex looks better in the shotgun formation. Why we didn't do it in the 1st half is beyond me.

With that said, Coach Sing and staff can't be blamed for executing the plays on the field........
That's a pretty innocuous reply
and so is..............

The NFL is a QB driven league and by that I don't mean a QB that hands the ball off 40 times.

I think we can see that Alex has the tools to move the team if the right formations and plays are called.

Forget smash-mouth, let's get aggresive and go spread and throw in some no-huddle for go measure.
Sing's BS pep talks and smashmouth football. He & Raye are producing Trenchmouth Football. Let Sing go to replace Lovie Smith and pay Shanahan. He could do something w/ the personnel we have.
  • Steve
  • Info N/A
Been a fan for about 33 years. Haven't been so disapponted in a long time. Not really an Alex Smith fan, but it is time to give him a couple of games with a fair chance to win. He couldn't do anything right in the first half. Really didn't have the time-lots of pressure. He couldn't have made any long passes in the first half. Made some beauties in the second. Did the defense back off in the second half. The same pressure would have stopped him again. I think the Niners should start with the spread offense and stay with it all game for a couple of games. If the end results are the same as now, Alex should be done and gone. If he is successful, then this is on the coaching staff. It is time for some wins. Getting close and losing after getting way behind is still a loss and a bunch of crap. Either Alex or the coaching staff are to blame for a big part of what is going on. One of them should be gone and I don't care which one. As fans, we should be able to watch week after week and be expecting wins. At least a reasonable amount of them. After all these are professional ball players. I am only a fan. I spend all week reading all I can about my team. Spend Sundays supporting my team. Only expect them to do their best, but the two halves of the game are divided into worse for one half and best for the other. If it is all on the Oline, why can't they make the short passes and then turn around and have time to throw deep down the field. If it is all the Oline, shouldn't be able to complete any long ones and damn few short ones.
Now for the good side. We have some good and very good young receivers coming along. Can Alex be the guy to guide them? Frank is almost always good. Oline seems to be a mix. What about the defense? One week they stop the offense dead in the water and the next week can't seem to get it together at all. We can see good and better on both sides of the ball and it is up to the coaching staff to bring it all together in the same game. Not full of confidence, but still supporting the team.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
The NFL is a QB driven league and by that I don't mean a QB that hands the ball off 40 times.

I think we can see that Alex has the tools to move the team if the right formations and plays are called.

Forget smash-mouth, let's get aggresive and go spread and throw in some no-huddle for go measure.

this!!! singletary's pride, stubbornness and retarded attitude are choking this team.
Originally posted by obx49:
It's time for a change...

Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by obx49:
It's time for a change...

None of those coaches will run a spread style offense
Sing always held the player accountable for their mistakes. Now its time for him to blame himself with this smash pu$$y mouth football. He should let Jimmy Raye and Alex Smith open up and not play to loose especially on the 1st half.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
We need an offensive minded head coach, one who understands the modern NFL.

With the QB, receivers, TE, and RB we have our offense could take off with a couple upgrades to the OL, and the right philosophy.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
id take holmgrem over sing in a heartbeat.

yeah then you can learn to spell his name...

uh oh the grammar nazis are here

f**k off
SWEEEP, OFF TACLKE, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MIKE NO MORE A-GAP BLAST, ISO CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone