There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Insanity: "doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results

I think the famous quote is very accurate when applied to our offensive philosophy.

Why do we come out with a conservative strategy in the first half EVERY WEEK, only to spot the other team three scores. When the 2nd half starts, we go to the spread and light it up.

Someone a few weeks back wrote (I think Barrows) that the spread wasn't installed into the offense in the spring, so they have like 20 plays or so of "spread" to run. Plenty of variations on the Fullback Dive, very few on the spread.


This has to be the case, or Singletary is simply delusional.
[ Edited by nickbradley on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:26 PM ]
Word, this is how all our games go. SO CHANGE IT AND TRY THE SPREAD FIRST!
It seems like they keep insisting on THEIR plays instead of attacking the defense weakneess.

Its OUR play, I'm going to try it 10 times. Even if it didn't work for 5 times in a row.
AGREED! Don't be stupid go with what works and tweak as you go along. This is not a very bright coaching staff.
It's Gore's fault for busting off that big run in the beginning
I dont get it. Their mindset is not working. Why would you continue to do the same thing. Thats whay Nolan did and he got canned. Lets let the D win the games for us. that does not work when you are down 24-3. you need points and that comes from the offense.
I think it's time to petition Jed that this cannot stand in San Fran. It is an insult to Niner fans everywhere.

I blame McClaughan for not bringing any improvement to our o-line or pass rush.

I blame Raye for terrible game planning and his inability to recognize defenses' weaknesses or our own offensive strengths.

Moreover, I blame Singletary for not making the necessary changes and allowing it all to happen this way.

The front office and coaching staff are not putting our team in a position to succeed.

Heads should roll!!!


[ Edited by vermonator on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:48 PM ]
If I am Jed York, I am taking a page out of the Jerry Jones book. I am sitting Mike Singletary down to tell him that the offense better play to its strength (spread) or changes will be made.

The coaches cant be this stupid. Raye can only be held accountable after so many times with the same problem. After it becomes a trend, which it has, the finger needs to point to the head coach.
  • mando1988
  • Info N/A
I think stupidity not insanity is the right word for singletarys offense
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
If I am Jed York, I am taking a page out of the Jerry Jones book. I am sitting Mike Singletary down to tell him that the offense better play to its strength (spread) or changes will be made.

The coaches cant be this stupid. Raye can only be held accountable after so many times with the same problem. After it becomes a trend, which it has, the finger needs to point to the head coach.

I doubt Jed has the balls to do that.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,494
Can someone give me a link to a legit source that actually defines Insanity as this quote?
Nice title..........and accurate, too. Why does it take half a game, EVERY game for this to become evident to the coaching staff? Ridiculous.....
Originally posted by Ether:
Can someone give me a link to a legit source that actually defines Insanity as this quote?

Linky
He's gotta stop being a BONEHEAD like Mike Ditka.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
It's Gore's fault for busting off that big run in the beginning

You know, I don't think you're too far off the truth with that. That big run served to give some false hope for sure/