There are 223 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defense?

Are you kidding me, we can come all the way back in the game, kick the ball, have the other team start their drive at their own 8 yard line and our Signature Mike Singletary Defense can't do s**t to get the offense the ball back? Come on, give me a break. It's not only the offense that sucks, the defense sucks just as much. This team is terrible and has a long long way to go before they'll ever be a good team. 1 Step forward, 10 steps back...
back to the drawing board... I meant the draft board.
ibtl
top 5

lmao
Our defense is garbage.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
I didn't know Ryan Grant was so good. Dude ran through us like butter all day. I don't think he had a negative run.

I'm alos impressed with their O-line, run blocking anyway.
Actually the niners defense did make the stop at the end but the officiating at the end was awful. I can't believe that they had the play stand, it looked like the niners had the runner down a good yard or two short of the marker.
and we rip the ball out of rogers. wtf?
For a team that gives up so much sacs, where was the pressure. Why is it everytime we play a team that is okay, they look like the colts or the saints compaired to us.
It's not that our defense is garbage, it's the game plan! This "We don't want to give up a big play" strategy is killing us. We need to attack the qb sooner in the game and get them thinking about where to throw to. Why Patrick Willis is not coming in on blitzes is beyond me. I know he is our best tackler chasing people down, but if he can either put pressure or just get to the qb then we won't have to worry about cahsing anyone down. I am just getting irritated with figuring out an opposing team to late in the game to do anything about. Especially after 10 days to prepare for them!
The defense has no pass rush. That's the problem.
It's not that our defense is garbage, it's the game plan! This "We don't want to give up a big play" strategy is killing us. We need to attack the qb sooner in the game and get them thinking about where to throw to. Why Patrick Willis is not coming in on blitzes is beyond me. I know he is our best tackler chasing people down, but if he can either put pressure or just get to the qb then we won't have to worry about cahsing anyone down. I am just getting irritated with figuring out an opposing team to late in the game to do anything about. Especially after 10 days to prepare for them!
Sadly it was the defense who lost this game today. When it came to crunch time they just couldn't get it done. If we had made a stop at the end of the game with time on the clock we had a good shot at pulling this one out.

I hope our illustrious coaching staff has finally realized that we are best in the Spread. Next week I fully expect to open this way.

Also, why in the Hell is Bruce still in there even if only a 3 or 4th. Give a shot to Jones and Hill, both have the speed we need.
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A
A defense is only as good as the offense. Do you think it is a coincidence that when we start scoring green bay stops?

That being said we need more production out of our pass rush/olb. No way around it this needs to be addressed you can not sack the packers only twice. You have to come away with at least 3 sacks.
Originally posted by NinersFo6:

K, so after failing for the entire game... What happened when they still had a chance to redeem themselves with a stop on GB's final drive??? They failed miserably, and GB had a 5 minute drive to end the game... The defense sucks....