There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis

Typical American attitude. I sign a contract, and if I under-perform, not my problem, the contract will still be paid. However, if I over-perform, well, we need to renegotiate NOW!
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
MIA at OTA mystery solved. I have no idea what his current salary is but he should be in the top 3 paid TEs at least.
He IS the 3rd highest behind gronk and witten.

He should be 1st.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Send him back to the showers. First time he is showing signs of his formal arrogant self.

That's pretty ridiculous. Every person on earth wants to get paid more. His deal was front-loaded so he making less in the last two years of his deal.
Originally posted by niners94:
MIA at OTA mystery solved. I have no idea what his current salary is but he should be in the top 3 paid TEs at least.

He should be 1st.

Jimmy grahmn should b first.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Typical American attitude. I sign a contract, and if I under-perform, not my problem, the contract will still be paid. However, if I over-perform, well, we need to renegotiate NOW!

how dare he demand to be paid what he's worth!
Everyone is jumping on the renegotiate contract bandwagon. I WANT WINNERS

all the niners are in a rush to do their contracts before kap's new contract hits the book and takes like 1/3 of the payroll...lol
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by niners94:

He should be 1st.

Jimmy grahmn should b first.

Dude is just a big wideout. He's not a real tight end. Can't even block.
It's the name of the game. Sometimes you have to start thinking about changing the offense and letting certain players go. They won't be Niners forever.

If you think I'm hard on Boone, I'm even HARDER on Davis who's the 3rd highest paid TE in the league.... and you're skipping OTAs because you want a new contract? You're a team leader for christsake.

From Maiocco:

Davis signed a five-year extension in 2010 that included a $10 million signing bonus and averages $7.35 million annually through the 2015 season. His average salary ranks No. 3 among tight ends behind New England's Rob Gronkowski ($8 million) and Dallas' Jason Witten ($7.4 million).

Under terms of the front-loaded deal, Davis was scheduled to earn $5.3 million (before forfeiting his workout bonus) this season and $4.95 million in 2015 in salary and bonuses.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-vernon-davis-seeks-new-contract

Again, take the money NOW or negotiate a shorter term and hope you don't get injured later... but you can't convince me that you have any right to get big money NOW AND big money LATER. Why even sign "contracts"? It's ridiculous to me that you can't wait 2 more years being the #3 highest paid at your position to look for a new deal. I'll give it to Boone - okay he should be paid a bit more BUT I'm sorry - STFU if you're one of the highest paid players on the team and 3rd highest in the league and you're grumbling about a contract. Who's going to make him the highest paid TE in the league? It WONT be the 49ers at 30 years old I can guarantee you that.

Looks like we really are going 3-wide a lot more this season.
Originally posted by luv49rs:

he's already under contract and being paid his worth.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zoomcrypt:
all the niners are in a rush to do their contracts before kap's new contract hits the book and takes like 1/3 of the payroll...lol

well it would be smart for the FO to just set aside payroll for Kap, get everybody else locked up to give him weapons for next 2-3 years, then finally actually put pen to paper on the 4-5 year deal that Kap will get.

Vernon has a claim because he is one of Kap's 3 primary targets. Boone is part of of a great GROUP of OL and his agent is making a power play because they drafted Thomas with next year in mind, trying to force them to pick between Boone and Iupati (if possible). Right now I'd pay Vernon, tell Boone to hold his horses and keep rolling.
[ Edited by sfout on May 29, 2014 at 11:24 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

I think he's being paid fairly. You can be sure that if he was under performing the team would ask him to sign a new contract or release him. Then again, he has protections in his contract if he gets hurt..so I am pretty much on board with the "you signed it, keep your word" point of view.
  • boast
  • All City

Only time I will agree with susweel. What good is a contract if before it is even close to being over you demand a new one.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

I think he's being paid fairly. You can be sure that if he was under performing the team would ask him to sign a new contract or release him. Then again, he has protections in his contract if he gets hurt..so I am pretty much on board with the "you signed it, keep your word" point of view.

It was bound to happen the team having great success on the field and these guys want to get paid like top dogs. I knew this was gonna happen, its just unfortunate we didnt get the ring before these players move on.