There are 139 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
vd is scoring td every 4 catches this season. amazing
[ Edited by outside4949 on Jan 6, 2014 at 8:27 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Love how Kap anticipated the throw. Risky but worth it.

I was posting during the game on this... Lots of trust between Kaep and VD. Kaep beat the safety by an arm's reach with that pass.

Even with the space AJ Hawk gave him, VD still beat him for the TD. Amazing.
I'm a huge fan of Vernon and I know VD has matured and all that other good stuff, but...
Who'd you rather have?
Young

Mature

Young Vernon seemed a little more tougher and thuggish, and mature Vernon is all about his paintings and dressing preppy lookin.
Young Vernon also got his ass thrown out by Singletary for being stupid.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

I was posting during the game on this... Lots of trust between Kaep and VD. Kaep beat the safety by an arm's reach with that pass.

Almost identical play to Crabtree's TD against the Pats. Even from a defensive perspective.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 6, 2014 at 5:07 PM ]
It should be noted that Vernon Davis steps up in the Postseason.

2011: 2 games, 10 catches, 292 yards, 4 touchdowns.
2012: 3 games, 12 catches, 254 yards, 1 touchdown
2013: 1 game, 2 catches, 37 yards, 1 touchdown.

That's FOUR 100 yard games in just SIX games.
Originally posted by CenCal9er:
I'm a huge fan of Vernon and I know VD has matured and all that other good stuff, but...
Who'd you rather have?
Young

Mature

Young Vernon seemed a little more tougher and thuggish, and mature Vernon is all about his paintings and dressing preppy lookin.

Mature Vernon can still block and puts up wide receiver like numbers.
I love me some Davis (in a manly way), but please don't throw him the ball where he'll have to fight for it. So frustrating to watch him wait for the ball to arrive while the defender dives for it. The OC and Kap have to realize each players strength and weakness. Boldin and Crabs he is not. He's not going to juke anyone or grab the ball out of the air in front of the DB. He'll either beat you with straight line speed or he wont. Please, no more jump balls to Davis.
[ Edited by SFsFinest on Jan 6, 2014 at 8:23 PM ]
Originally posted by SFsFinest:
I love me some Davis (in a manly way), but please don't throw him the ball where he'll have to fight for it. So frustrating to watch him wait for the ball to arrive while the defender dives for it. The OC and Kap have to realize each players strength and weakness. Boldin and Crabs he is not. He's not going to juke anyone or grab the ball out of the air in front of the DB. He'll either beat you with straight line speed or he wont. Please, no more jump balls to Davis.

He had no problem going up and getting that ball against the Saints...

He thought he was open on that interception by Tramon Williams. If Anquan Boldin doesn't run the laziest route of all time then Williams doesn't break on Davis. And if Kaepernick doesn't lollypop it in there then it's a completion.
best post season te of all time

Safety took a s**tty angle. He probably had a hard time gauging the velocity on Kap's fireball.
That seam route has to be one of our aces in the hole. We aren't whoring it out like we did when alex smith hit VD for 3 TDs in the second half against the texans in 2009. You knew it was coming. It just couldn't be stopped.

We really need to utilize strike plays like these until we can fix are red zone woes. We bog down too often the in the red zone.

Also, on a side note, we haven't seen the wheel route in a while. That was alex smiths bread and butter with VD.
my favorite part of the play was boldin and crab waiving their hands in celebration after he scored the touchdown.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by CenCal9er:
Who'd you rather have?
Young

Mature

Mature Vernon can still block and puts up wide receiver like numbers.

and mature vernon can catch, is a team leader, the best blocker in the league and runs way better routes than young vern
VD...excellent player...have got lots of confidence in him...
Share 49ersWebzone