There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis

Vernon has been a beast this season as usual & hope it continues into the playoffs too!
The good thing about Vernon is that he is one of those freaks of nature that can probably play until he's 40 or older if he wants to. He is like Terrell Owens who will be in his prime until he's like 36.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
The good thing about Vernon is that he is one of those freaks of nature that can probably play until he's 40 or older if he wants to. He is like Terrell Owens who will be in his prime until he's like 36.

"The best players as they get older, they might not be as fast, but they have the most knowledge." -PW52
Remember when fans were calling this guy a bust... good old stone hands. 52 career tds tied for 7th all time. I'm trying to find list I see Gonzalez 109, Gates 86, Shannon Sharpe 62, Wesley Walls 54... who am i missing from the graphic today? Dave Casper, Vernon both have 52. Jason Witten 1. Vernon has a chance to probably move into 3rd-5yh place or so not sure what other 4 i am missing have. Problem is todays nfl the TE's are more like wrs (ie gronk,graham) and they will shatter his and the others #'s if they play 8-10 years. I think with our bad offenses Vernon has earned his touchdowns. As bad as we were for a long time boy are we lucky to have gotten to watch the careers of Frank Gore and Vernon Davis... among others.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by five1oh:
"The best players as they get older, they might not be as fast, but they have the most knowledge." -PW52

as soon as he catches passes with his hands more than with his body. there won't be a way to cover him
He definitely can do it all.

Run, block catch. I wonder if he can throw an option pass?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He definitely can do it all.

Run, block catch. I wonder if he can throw an option pass?

Dude alligator arms it at the wrong times
VD is our deep threat!
I was talking with a fan last week and we were talking about how we never take any "REAL" deep shots...all intermediate. But specifically, we were talking about how we don't have any speed anymore with Moss, Ginn, Moore, Walkr, etc. all gone. We didn't agree. We have plenty of speed but never use it...how we could take some real good seam, post or stop-and-go sideline routes with VD b/c once he gets a full head of steam, nobody can catch the dude and he can adjust to any throw. BAM...FINALLY took 2 real deep shots and almost got 2 TD's.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,343
Originally posted by NCommand:
I was talking with a fan last week and we were talking about how we never take any "REAL" deep shots...all intermediate. But specifically, we were talking about how we don't have any speed anymore with Moss, Ginn, Moore, Walkr, etc. all gone. We didn't agree. We have plenty of speed but never use it...how we could take some real good seam, post or stop-and-go sideline routes with VD b/c once he gets a full head of steam, nobody can catch the dude and he can adjust to any throw. BAM...FINALLY took 2 real deep shots and almost got 2 TD's.

We've always had speed. Just play calling.

Crabtree has the speed to beat any CB that doesn't run a 4.3 on deep routes and even when they are that fast if he executes a cut or juke well enough he's left them in the dust and had big plays. He's also physical enough to make contested catches on long throws, we just don't do it with him.

Vernon is a given

Rio is iffy, he can beat most traditional DBs deep but I don't think he really ever "brought speed to the table"

Back in 2011, Morgan was a happy medium between Crabtree and Manningham, not a deep threat but he had a burst after the catch that made him hard to keep pace with.

When they split LMJ out wide I was excited but stayed quiet about it with the people I was watching the game because I just wanted to see what they did with him. If that becomes a regular thing than I hope he starts catching some quick slants cause I think it could be catch, 1 cut, and we've got a chunk play or TD.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 16, 2013 at 8:18 AM ]
Love this dude. I still remember his first NFL pass that went alllll the way for a TD. Glad we had Singletary at least for the fact that he helped Vernon grow up.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Love this dude. I still remember his first NFL pass that went alllll the way for a TD. Glad we had Singletary at least for the fact that he helped Vernon grow up.
yah dude me too
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Love this dude. I still remember his first NFL pass that went alllll the way for a TD. Glad we had Singletary at least for the fact that he helped Vernon grow up.

I still give Vernon the credit for seeing what sing was trying to say. He could have just as easily said "you don't know what you're talking about" and continued down his path. People will only change when they want to change, no matter how much someone else tells them they should.
Moron...

I think he had a concussion yesterday